Status: Finished. Hope you enjoyed! :)

Wonder

One

As soon as I walked into the pet store I was captivated by a little brownish-grey kitten staring at me with eyes full of wonder. As I walked over to the cute creature, its eyes opened wide with curiosity.

“Hey little guy,” I whisper, crouching down to eye level with the kitten.

“Meow,” It squeaked as a response.

“Aw, you are so cute!” I reply.

I stand up and run over to my Mom. “Mommy can we please buy that one?” I ask, tugging at my mother’s jacket.

She apologizes to the person she was talking to and walks over with me to the kitten’s cage. “I don’t know sweetheart. Kittens are a lot of work,” She says, unsure.

“Please Mommy! I’ll help you take care of it, I promise,” I beg, praying that she’ll say yes.

“Well…. Okay. It is your 6th birthday and I promised that you could get a pet,” She said then mutters, “I was just hoping it would be a fish.”

“Yah! Thank you, Mommy!” I jump for joy and hug my Mother’s legs. I was so excited, since this was my first pet.

Thirty minutes later we are on our way home, my new kitten sitting beside me, quietly sleeping.

“So, have you decided on a name yet?” Mom asks me on the drive home.

“Yep, her name is Wonder,” I reply, softly stoking my new pet’s soft fur.

“Wonder? What made you think of that?” She asks.

“When you look into her eyes all you see in the wonder that fills them,” I reply simply.

Mom nods a smile playing on her lips.

I sigh, my eyelids getting heavy with sleep.

And soon Wonder and I were both asleep, dreaming of the fun times that were soon to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed! :)