Status: Updated once or twice a week!

Hearts in the Air

Three

Image

John's P.O.V.

"How are you guys doing Los Angeles?! It's so good to be back in California. Do you mind if we slow it down for a few songs?" Brian asked the crowd as Josh, Stephen, and Jess left the stage and Cameron came out with mine & Brian's acoustic guitars. There weren't many faces I recognized but the two I did were Alie & Brittany talking in each other's ears while it was quieting down. I'm not sure what Brittany said to her, but Alie was laughing with the most adorable smile ever. Brian began singing About A Girl after strumming the guitar a couple of times. Once that song was over Brian's loud mouth started talking again. "How many of you guys have or had a long distance relationship?" He asked and several people in the crowd raised their hand including Alie in the first row. We started playing the song and every couple of seconds I would look down at the two girls. After the first verse Alie's head was resting on Brittany's shoulder while she hugged Alie, there were tears starting to roll down her face as she grabbed Brittany's hand. I couldn't help but feel bad for her, I don't know her story but I was determined to find out. The rest of the song I all my thoughts revolved around her.

*~*~*~*~*

After the show I decided to head out and meet some fans. While I waited for them to all leave the building I pulled out my phone and shot Connor a text 'If either one of them goes to the table tell them to meet me outside in the back of the venue by the bus. I'll be there after meeting some fans.' I put my phone away after Connor sending me an text with the word 'ok'. A fan came up to me and then it started, the long line of fans behind them.

There were 3 more fans waiting for pictures when I saw two figures standing by the bus, I took the last 3 pictures and said goodbye before walking towards the two people. To my disappointment it was Brittany and Connor waiting. "Where's your other half?" I asked jokingly and Brittany motioned her head in the direction of the bus door. Opening the door and walking on the bus I expected Alie to be sitting on the couch waiting but I didn't see her at all. All of a sudden I heard a loud screech coming from the direction our bunks were in so I followed where the noise was coming from and found Josh holding a squirt gun, pointing at Alie. I grabbed the gun closest to me and aimed it at Josh, it ended up hitting him in the eye with a piece from the nerf gun I was holding, and next thing I knew he was chasing me right back out of the bus where I used Brittany as a human shield. When I looked over I noticed Brittany was only wearing a white t-shirt, so Connor ran over and offered her his black "Half Moon Kids" crew hoodie. "I'm so sorry Britt, I didn't even pay attention to what you were wearing!" I felt really bad that she was soaking wet so I went on the bus to grab her a clean, dry towel she could use. On the way off the bus Alie followed.

"So, did you guys only want us to meet you here to soak us with your toy guns or is there a better and more important reason we were demanded to come here?" Alie asked.

I started, "Well actually I wanted to ask you what your story behind Where Are You Now? is?"

"Exactly what the song is about, a long distance relationship." She replied with a short response. And I knew I wouldn't be getting it out of her anytime soon.

"Oh okay, sorry I asked." I said, expecting her to say nothing else about the topic.

"Sorry John but only some of my closest friends and my one cousin know the story and I'm not sure if I'm ready to share it with anyone else yet." She finished and I nodded my head saying that I understood. "We'll I guess we better get going, gotta start our drive to the next city and it's Brittany's turn to drive." Alie said and left me standing by the bus while she went to look for Britt.

Alie's P.O.V.

I walked over to Brittany who was talking to Josh by the door, "Sorry Josh but I have to steal her away from you. We have to start driving. We'll see you tomorrow in Anaheim." I finished and dragged Brittany with me back to the car. "I hope you're ready, it's your turn to drive and I need a nap."

*~*~*~*~*

It was February 25th, and a day off for the band in Sacramento, CA so Brittany and I decided to get a hotel for the day so we can rest and freshen up a little bit. Jess tweeted '@thejessset: Day off, hitting up the local carnival.'

"I think we should go!" I heard Brittany yelling from the bathroom, "I know you read the tweet too!" She continued yelling.

I thought about it for a minute, "You can see Connor!" I shouted back.

"And you can see John!" She walked back into the room and sat next to me. "I'll tweet Jess and see where they are."

"Already done!" I shrieked a little bit. "I sent it the second you offered up the idea".

The tweet read; '@thejessset we wanna join! Whatcha say? Need some more girls to tag along with you?!'

My phone vibrated with a mention; '@thejessset: @alexandra_lea Yeah! Totes! I sent you a DM with my number. Call and we'll meet up!' She sounded a little bit too excited.

"I'm gonna pack up the car while you shower and we can call her once we got everything together." Brittany said and I went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. About 20 minutes later I was dressed in my black shorts, coral pink lose tank top that showed some of strapless bra, along with my black RayBans and white flip flops. Brittany was wearing the same thing but a light blue tank tops instead. "Okay, call Jess and ask her where they are." We found out they were about 20 minutes away from us and we told Jess we would meet her around 5, just in time for a quick dinner.

"You guys made it! Tay this is Alie and Brittany." Jess gave us each a hug then introduced us.

"Yeah I heard a lot of things about you from the guys, nice to meet you guys in the flesh." She laughed and shook our hands.

Curiosity got the best of me, "which guys where talking about us?" I asked.

Tay looked like she had to think, "John and Connor surprisingly. They usually don't talk about too many fans they meet on tour." She explained.

"They are more than fans to me, we're friends. They make the bus listening party 10X better. Most fans just sit there. But not Alie and Brittany, they usually interact with us and dance!" Jess seemed in a good mood today which wasn't a bad thing. Or maybe she drank all the RedBull I gave them and she was hyped up on sugar. "So we were just about to grab a bite then go ride some roller-coasters if you guys wanted to join us." She finished.

"Are you kidding we love roller-coasters!" Brittany and I said at the same time.

Tay laughed, "Good lets go before lines get long again." While we were waiting in line someone started playing music and Calendar Pages was playing once Brittany and I realized it we started singing along under our breaths, we didn't want to scare Taylor away. She whispered over to us "you know I can still hear you singing." We all made a slight laughed and Tay started singing with us. ‘All this time we've been crossing off days on the calendar pages. And all this time has been wasted, I'm wasted just thinking that this is the end.’ “You guys aren’t the best singers but it’s cool I still think it’s cool you guys aren’t afraid to try.” After she said that it was our turn to go on the first roller-coaster. “I don’t mean to steal your best friend Brittany, but do you mind if Alie sits next to me?” Tay asked and Brittany shook her head and joined the cart in front of us along with Jess.

“Thanks for being so cool with hanging with us!” I said as the ride started.

“Nah, it’s cool. But I have a question for you...” she waited for a response.

“Yeah?” I let her continue.

“I noticed you during the song Where Are You Now last night at the show and I was wondering what’s so special about that song to you. Everyone’s story is different and I was just curious.” She finished and then I remembered John asking me the same thing.

“Did John put you up to this? He asked me the same thing 3 nights ago.” The ride was just about to make it down the first hill.

Tay looked shocked, “No, I was just watching from Josh’s side of the stage and saw you standing in front of John for the show. And when they started that song you just instantly started crying and I was able to feel how much it effected you just by watching you during the song.

“It’s no big deal. Really it isn’t.” I said and enjoyed the rest of the ride without interruptions about Where Are You Now. We were exiting the ride when the rest of The Summer Set was waiting patiently for us, we all hung out and rode some rides together. Then we got to an old fashion photo booth were we got to change and wear old looking clothes. I stood next to John and Brian while Brittany was next to Josh and Jess. After we smiled and posed for a couple of pictures we changed back into our own clothes, it was just starting to get dark out and it felt like it was about to rain any moment. Brittany was trying to convince everyone to go on one more roller-coaster. “But I want to go on the Farris Wheel before it rains!” I shouted to her since she was in the front leading the way.

John was scratching the back of his neck and turned to me, “If you want, I’d love to go with you. I’m not a huge fan of roller-coasters anyways.” He smiled and put his hand on his hip while I slid mine through the hole it made.

“Thank you John.” I smiled and started to turn but then realized I should tell Brittany I would meet her at the car afterwards. “You guys go ahead we’ll meet you guys after we’re done!”

Once we got to the ride John bought us a ticket to go on, we slid into a cart and we moved up a little bit so the next people can get on. “It’s a beautiful night tonight.” He said.

I smiled, “Yes, it is. Unfortunately I have a feeling it’s about to rain and we’re going to get soaked.”

“At least you or Brittany aren’t wearing white this time.”

We both laughed, “That wasn’t our fault. If I remember correctly, you used her as a human shield and that’s why she was soaked!” I hit him lightly on the shoulder. We made it to top and that’s when we not only felt the first drop of rain but the Farris Wheel made a noise like it broke. It was clear as day, we were stuck up on the top for God only knows how long.