Status: Updated once or twice a week!

Hearts in the Air

Five

Image

“That was so frickin’ cute guys!” Alie squealed and started typing on her phone, moments later I received a picture message from her.

“I can always count on you to capture the moment.” I laughed and suggested we start getting comfortable in the car for our drive to Portland where we will meet the band. Alie sat in the driver’s seat and I in the passenger seat. Both of the boys wanted to sit in the back in case they fall asleep on the way seeing as it’s been a long few days and many more to come. About an hour and a half after Alie started driving I noticed the talking stopped, when I looked in the back John and Connor were laying on each other. I looked at Alie who was looking in the review mirror.

“I swear they are gay for each other.”

“Didn’t feel that way when Connor had his tongue down my throat.” We both laughed and then I realized I never asked if anything happened while John and her were on the Farris Wheel.

John’s P.O.V.

“So did anything happen while you were stuck on the Farris Wheel?” I heard Brittany ask Alie who was still driving.

I opened one eye and tried not to make any movement and I was able to Alie smile and look at Brittany for a brief moment. “Yes and no. I mean we kissed and cuddled but John said something while we were up there.” I tried to remember what I said exactly.

“Well?! What did he say to you?” Brittany asked the same question I was trying to figure out myself.
Alie looked sad and slightly disappointed, “He said we would have 30 more days while on tour to kiss and stuff.”

Brittany looked confused. “So what’s wrong? Hasn’t that always been your dream? To have John Gomez, the guitarist of your favorite band fall head over heels in love with you?” She was trying to make Alie feel better.

“Brittany, he said the rest of tour.” She paused and neither girl said a thing but then Alie began talking again. “I don’t want it to just be some fling. If all he is looking for is someone to fuck with, or just plain-out fuck, while on tour, I’m not going to be that. If he says he likes me, I want it to mean something.” I didn’t realize that what I had said affected her the way she was explaining it now. I probably should have been clearer, I want to continue what we had while on the ride but I don’t want to hurt her either. Maybe I’ll talk to Connor about it tomorrow while we unload our stuff.

“Well I guess just wait to see if anything happens. I just wouldn’t get my hopes up.” Brittany said.

“Aren’t you worried about you and Connor being the same way?” Alie questioned Brittany.

“I mean I guess but I’m not going to get my hopes up either. Whatever happens happens. You know the saying, ‘Everything happens for a reason.’” She said then I watched Alie nod her head in agreement and for the rest of the ride to Portland the car was silent.

*~*~*~*

I woke up the next morning while Brittany was shaking me and Connor to wake up. My neck was stiff from lying in the back the way we had. “Where’s Alie?” Was the first thing I asked, I noticed she wasn’t in the front seat anymore and we were parked in a lot on the side of the highway.

“She went to go get us a table. Hope you guys are hungry.” She stated and started to get out of the car again. “You guys better be in there and sitting with us in 5 minutes.” Connor and I knew how serious she was so we sat up and fixed our hair before leaving the car. We walked into the diner and found the girls sitting at a table for 4 in the back corner of the room. I took the spot next to Alie while Connor sat next to Brittany. After ordering our food we were just talking about everything and getting to know each other even more. While we were talking, I put my right hand on Alie’s lower left thigh right above her knee when she looked at me all I could do was smile, and then she intertwined our fingers together. The rest of the breakfast went very well and Alie told us that we were only 20 minutes away from the venue. “I’ll drive so you can have a break.” Brittany told Alie as she grabbed the keys from Alie’s hand.

“Thanks” Alie said and sat in the passenger seat while pulling out her phone. “I’m checking twitter and I need to start tweeting about today.” ‘@alexandra_lea: How’s everyone doing on this fine fine day in Portland? Who’s going to the show tonight? Say hi if you see me! #WakeUpAndBeAwesome’ “I can’t wait to see Jess, I really want to talk to her about this tour.” Alie said and I knew exactly what she meant by that.

Brittany’s P.O.V.

“Well, you don’t have to wait too much longer, we’re here!” I said as I pulled the car into the closest parking spot by the bus. I turned to the guys, “I guess we will see you guys later.” They nodded and got out of the car to start un loading their own stuff. Alie got out of the car and went over to Steven from Go Radio who was walking past the car. She got on her tip toes to give him a hug and he wrapped his arm around her lower back, if I wasn’t mistaken it even looked like it was resting on her bottom. As they were pulling away from each other he pulled her back into his chest while whispering something into her ear, she laughed then nodded and pulled away again, this time making it to the car to help me pick up our garbage from all the iced tea, soda, and Redbull we bought while traveling last night. “What was that all about?” I got right to the point.

She smiled, and I swear I saw her even blush a little bit. “Nothing, just a friendly hug between one friend and another.”

“I know what friendly is Al, and that looked a lot more than friendly.” I cocked an eyebrow up as I was questioning what was going on between them.

“Okay okay, fine. He told me that he found me attractive and wanted to know if I’d like to hang out with him tonight while they aren’t on stage or if I wanted to spend tonight on their bus because they had extra room he also told me that John was stupid for saying what he did.” Alie finished while trying to catch her breath.

My mouth dropped. Then I was confused again, “How did he know what John said?” I asked.

“I was texting him this morning after you offered to drive. And to answer your next question about when I got his number, the first night of tour in Scottsdale when you were helping Connor, I was just sitting on the back of the car and waited while Steven jumped up and just started talking to me. At first we were just talking, then it lead to laughing, and I realized right then and there that if things didn’t work out with John he was funny, sensible, and easy to get along with. But that night before you walked back over and met me at the car we exchanged numbers because I told him we would be on tour everyday and he said he wanted to hang out again.” I just listened while Alie explained. I swear she was able to read my mind answering each question as it popped into my head.

“So what are you doing tonight?” I asked, something she probably didn’t even know the answer to herself.

“I was going to talk to you about it... I kinda wanted to go with them tonight just to see how things would go.” Alie said, “And who knows, maybe John would even get jealous?”

Now I saw what she was doing, “are you doing this just to get back at him for what he said to you last night when you guys were stuck on the Farris Wheel?”

“Not really....I mean....Does that part matter?” It seemed like she was questioning herself more than she was asking me.