Status: Work in Progresso.

Finding Kimber

Chapter Two

“Allison. Waaaake Uuuup.” Samuel spoke, pushing his sister’s arm.

“Are we there yet?” Kimber ran her hand across her face.

“Nope. We haven’t even gotten out of Pennsylvania yet.” Samuel and Matthew laughed, highfiving.

“Brats. Aren’t you supposed to be in nerd row? I thought Jakie was sitting back here.”

“Jacob is riding in the moving van. He knows the way down there in case they lose sight of us. So now you have to put up with me.” Samuel grinned.

“Fine. Now let me be.” Kimber placed her headphones back in her ears, covered her torso with her jacket, and closed her eyes again.

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$


“Allison Kimberly. Wake up. We’ve stopped to eat,” Theresa called to the back seat. “And put on that jacket.”

“Mom. Please, will you chill with the jacket? It’s summer and the farther south we go, it gets hotter.” Kimber sighed and put the jacket on anyway.

“Kimmy, come on. Don’t let Mom get to you.” Jacob helped her out of the car.

“Her name is Allison, Jacob.” Theresa followed her sons and husbands inside.

“‘Her name is Allison.’ Gah, she needs a drink.” Jacob laughed as he and Kimber raced into the restaurant.

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$


“Welcome home.” Andrew, their father, said as they pulled into a dark driveway.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I would have posted this like. 2 days ago. But my internet didn't work. So I wrote the third chapter. :d