Status: Temporary hiatus

Stop Drowning Me Please

Prologue

Kimmy left her room, a stuffed bear under her arm. She made her way to her uncle’s room, quietly, where he was laying on the bed, asleep. She went to his side of the bed and took his shoulder in her small hand. “Bri?” She whispered, even though she wanted him awake.

“Mmm?” He hummed, cracking his eyes open to see the little girl.

“Brian,” She said, quietly. “I had a dream.”

“Was it a bad one?” He asked, sitting up and pulling her up and into his arms.

Kimmy thought about her dream. Was it a bad one? She finally shook her head. “No, it wasn’t bad. I just didn’t know one person in it. You and my other uncles were in it, but I don’t know who this one guy was,” Kimmy spoke.

“Well, what’d he look like?” Brian asked, knowing Kimmy was being bugged by the fact that she didn’t know the man in her dream.

Kimmy licked over her lips, in thought. “He had black hair and blue eyes…He was really tall.” Brian’s breath caught in his throat hearing those three things. “And he had something like Uncle Mattie and Uncle Zacky have on their lips, only right here.” She pointed to under her lip to describe where the piercing was.

“Is that all you remember, princess?” She nodded and looked up into Brian’s brown eyes. They always made her want hot chocolate because of the color. “It sounds like you dreamed of your daddy.”

Kimmy’s blue eyes widened hearing that. Ever since she was younger she lived with Brian because her daddy had to go somewhere, but she wasn’t told where. Brian and her other uncles would tell her stories though. They were usually edited by Brian when ever Johnny or Zacky told them. Matt only told good ones for her five year old ears to hear. “I did?” Kimmy asked.

Brian nodded. “Sounds like him.”

“Will you tell me more about him, Uncle Bri?”

“Sure, princess,” He murmured, laying her beside him. She laid her head on his chest and he stroked her long blonde hair down. “Your daddy was a crazy man,” He started. “Good crazy, but crazy. He got in trouble a lot and he was always playing with his drumsticks.” Kimmy smiled, loving hearing about her daddy. She missed him, she felt like all she knew about him were stories. “He used to bully Johnny a lot, by picking him up and swinging him around.” Kimmy giggled at this. “He’d jump on our backs and make us get him ice cream otherwise he wouldn’t get off.” Kimmy started falling asleep, listening to the wonderful stories.

Brian stopped talking when he knew Kimmy was asleep. He missed his best friend and it hurt to think about telling Kimmy he wasn’t ever going to come back. Jimmy had made Brian her god-father before he died and every day Brian was reminded of his best friend. He had one of the most precious things in his life and he would be damned before he lost her too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had this sitting in a file, so I wanted to see what everyone thinks... Please comment and tell me?