Status: Temporary hiatus

Stop Drowning Me Please

Vincent Summers

I walked into school two days after my birthday, a smile on my face. I had gotten to drive to school - with Brian in the passenger seat because I haven’t gotten my actual license yet and I didn’t want my baby getting hit with rocks or something.

I waved to people I knew as I made my way to my locker. I swapped books from my bag to my locker, pushing a strand of my rainbow colored hair out of my face. I loved to make my hair all fancy and fun. I had colored it blue, purple, and now I was on rainbow. I think after this I would dye it black and stick with it.

I sighed when I dropped my notebook I doodled in, causing my pictures to fall out. I got on my knees and pulled my drawings together. “Cute,” I heard, making me look up to see Vincent Summers holding one of my more intricate pieces.

I stood up, holding my book together, and took it from the asshole. “Boring.” I shut my locker, rolling my eyes. I put my notebook into my bag and started walking away.

“Hey, I was gonna wish you a happy belated birthday, but whatevs.” I rolled my eyes again and continued walking. Vincent was one of the biggest assholes I knew… For more than one reason. Well, mostly to me because he felt he was so “sexy” or something and I didn’t faun over him like most the girls in school. I wasn’t interested in relationships, really. Especially one with him… I was content the way I was.

I got to class and sat in my usual seat besides my best friend, Katrina. She grinned and handed me a small box. “Sorry I wasn’t there this weekend, I got grounded.” I laughed. “There, though.”

“Thanks, Kat.” I opened the box to find a pair of penguin earrings. “Awe, they’re so cute!” She grinned. I put the lid back on and put the box in my bag, smiling at her. “So how’d you get grounded, this time?” I asked, a raised eyebrow.

She scowled. “I didn’t know it was a special blanket… It’s my super hero cape, though!” I erupted into laughter at the stupidity of my best friend. She was the greatest loser ever. “So what’d you do for your birthday?”

I shrugged, smiling. “Hung out with the fam. Chilled until I was an ice-cube.”

She looked at me, wide-eyed. “You were an ice-cube and you didn’t let me lick ya?!” She demanded as our teacher walked in.

“Ms. Wyatt, if you wouldn’t mind, keep your voice down.” He gave her a look that said, “you know better” - even if she didn’t.

“I’m a super hero!” She shouted, pouting and crossing her arms over her chest. The people in the class chuckled at her. She was pretty much the class clown, but she didn’t try. “I am,” She murmured, mostly to me.

I nodded, puckering my lips. “Kiss me, dear hero,” I teased, making her crumple up a paper that Mr. Lewis handed out and throw it at my face. I laughed and pulled out my binder and book for English, a content smile on my face. “You’re such a loser.”

“I’m your loser,” She replied, grinning. Goodness, this girl was special.

Image

I grinned, seeing Michelle pull up in my black truck, at the end of the day. I ran to my aunt and hugged her when she got out of the truck. “Well, hi,” She greeted.

“Hi-hi,” I replied. “I get to drive home, right?”

“Wrong.” She rolled her eyes, making me pout. “We’re going to Val’s,” She continued, causing a grin to light up my face. She laughed and went around to the passenger side of my baby. I hopped in, putting my bag in the back, and moved the seat and rear-view mirror. Michelle chuckled at me. “You are just like a little child.”

I shrugged and started to drive us to Matt and Val’s house, knowing the way by heart. I spent enough time there to know my way. I pulled up behind the other cars in the driveway carefully and put the truck into park. I grinned at Michelle. She only shook her head. We made our ways inside. “I’m home!” I called into the house, grinning when Bella padded her way over to me. “Hi, baby.” I got on my knees and played with her ears.

She licked my face causing my nose to scrunch up. “Say cheese,” I heard Zacky say before he took a picture of me. I flipped him off and stood up. “Aren’t you sweet?” He asked, laughing.

I grinned. “You bet.” I made my way to the living room and “awed” at the sight of Val and Matt all snuggled together on the couch. “So cute!”

Matt shook his head and threw one of the couch pillows at me. “Shut up.” He was such a teddy bear.

I was about to plop down onto the love seat, but Brian came in, commanding, “Homework.”

I groaned and went back out front to get my book bag. I was about to go inside when someone touched my shoulder, making me turn around, fist clenched and ready to hit whoever was behind me. Johnny and Matt had taught me self-defense, so I would be safe incase none of them were around. “Geesh, I tap your shoulder and almost get punched,” I hear an annoying voice say.

I glared at Vincent. “What are you doing here?” I demanded.

He shrugged. “I do yard work for Mr. and Mrs. Sanders.” He raised an eyebrow. “I feel insulted. They haven’t told you?”

I turned and stomped into the house, Vincent short on my tail. “Matthew Charles Sanders!”

“What’d I do?” I heard him before I got to the living room. He nodded at Vincent, who had come in behind me. “Hey, Vincent.”

“That!”

He looked at me. “What?” He shook his head. “Vincent, the misses wants the lawn mowed, you know where the mower is.”

Vincent chuckled. “Right. Nice seeing ya, Kimmy,” He said to me before leaving the room.

I glared at his retreating figure. “So…that look means she wants to fuck him or-”

EW!” I cut Zacky off. “Ew, ew, ew!” I put my hands on my head, shuddering. “No!”

Zacky laughed. “Or she hates his guts, as I was saying. She’s mad that you bring him into your house, Sanders.” He grinned.

I bent down and got the pillow Matt had thrown at me and threw it at Zacky’s head. “What’s with all the yelling?” Brian asked as he and Michelle walked in from the kitchen.

“Matt brought a dickface into the house,” I whined at Brian, pouting up at him.

He raised an eyebrow and looked at Matt. “How’d you find a dick that looks like a face?” He asked. “Are you gay? Cause you have slapped my ass a few times…And I’m both married and not into men-”

“Bri!” I groaned and flopped onto the love seat. “Assholes… Assholes everywhere.”

Michelle laughed, shaking her head. “I think Kimmy likes the boy,” She sang, winking at me and puckering her lips. I glared and flipped her off. “You want to kiss him, you want to touch him, you want to love- Ah!” She stopped when I jumped off the couch and started to chase after her. “You wanna love him!”

“Come back here!” I grabbed at her shirt, but I was like most the men in this house - lazy and out of shape. “Fucker.” I glared and went back to the seat.

“Anyone else thinking about how she didn’t deny it?” Zacky asked, a grin on his face.

“Watch it, Baker. I have a car now and I know where you live.” I did the, I’m-watching-you sign.

“You don’t have a license,” Michelle pointed out, sitting on Brian’s lap.

I rolled my eyes. “You two sleep through almost everything.” I said, grinning.

“Help, she’s gonna kill me,” Zacky whined, playfully, as Val and Vincent walked into the living room. I glared at Vincent before he could say anything.

“No she’s not. Or else she doesn’t get cookies,” Val disagreed a smile on her face.

“Are cookies worth it,” I mused aloud, now ignoring Vincent. He wasn’t here, I told myself. “What kinda cookies, Auntie Val?” I asked, my head tilted to one side.

She rolled her eyes at me. “Chocolate chip mint,” She answered, resting her hands on her belly. I licked my lips at the thought. She made the bestest cookies ever…

“Alright, Zack. You get to see another day.” I looked at Val. “Where are the cookies?”

She laughed and sat beside Matt, his arm wrapping around her almost automatically. “Vincent and I just put them in the oven. Honestly, Matt…You were going to let him work today? It’s going on 100°. He’ll die of hydration.”

“Serves him right,” I muttered under my breath, as he sat next to me. I glared and tried to kick him off, but he didn’t pay me any attention.

“I’m sure I’d be fine, Mrs. Sanders,” He said, using the charm he used on his teachers. He was a total kiss-ass. …Asshole.

I made a face, opening and closing my mouth to the words he had just said. “Asshole,” I muttered again. “Bri, can I go home?” I asked, louder.

“No. We have shit planned for the day.”

“And you gotta get your smooch on,” Aunt Michelle teased, grinning. I looked around for another pillow - or something that wouldn’t really hurt - to throw at her.

“Smooch on?” Vincent asked with a raised eyebrow and a small smirk.

“Ohhh… I don’t need a license to get you in your sleep,” I grumbled, glaring at my aunt. She snickered and stuck her tongue out at me. I sighed and looked over at Vincent, to see his smirk had grown.

Fucker.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, Kimmy. Made with a hate for the dashing Mr. Summers. Get used to him, because he'll be around as much as Kimmy hates him~!
Hopefully it's long enough to make up for my lacking of updating? Comment and tell me what you think!