Status: Temporary hiatus

Stop Drowning Me Please

Damn, Damn, Damn

I rubbed at my chest as I walked in the hallways, trying to keep up with the traffic and get outside. It was the end of the day and I was going to Katrina’s car. She hopped up beside me. “Hey-hey!”

“Hey,” I said, softly, my breath trying to catch up.

Katrina looked at me, her eyebrows furrowed. “What’s wrong?” She demanded.

I shook my head. “It’s nothing,” I lied. It was something that’s been bugging me for a while, actually… It’s a bit random, but sometimes I get pain in my chest and I get really tired and some shortness of breath… It’s kinda scaring me, though. More than kinda.

“You hurt again, don’t you? Your chest?” I looked away from my best friend. “Damn it, Kimberly!” Those particular words made me flinch… I had the dream multiple times now, even when I take naps, and those three words are always the first words he says. “You need to tell your uncle or aunt or someone…” She wrapped her arm under my arms and rested her head on my shoulder, awkwardly, as we continued to walk.

“I’ll be fine,” I muttered. “Stop worrying or you’ll get wrinkles and grey hair.” She crinkled her nose at that, making me snicker.

“Whatever, dumb-butt. You better tell someone, or I will.” We got to her car and she detangled herself from me to unlock it. “Come on,” She waved me to the car. I rolled my eyes and got in the passenger side. We drove straight to her house and went in. I left my stuff in the car, since we’d get back in there after she got her shit.

“Get off me! Ow!! Mommy! Dean is hurting me!”

“Dean, get off Sam. Sam, stop yelling,” I head Mrs. Wyatt’s exhausted voice.

“Home sweet home,” Katrina giggled. “I’m home!”

I smiled a bit. I wasn’t at Katrina’s often, but when I was it was full of yelling. Not always bad, being proved as Dean and Sam ran at us, screaming our names. They were pretty cute…They had a good four year gap between them, and Dean took advantage of being bigger… They played a lot together though, having games where they hunt supernatural things.

“Hush, boys! I have to go get clean panties and stuff so I can go to Kim’s tonight. Tackle her!” Katrina grinned at me and ran up the stairs.

Dean and Sam then were each on both my legs, almost making me fall over, but I leaned against the door. “Hey, boys,” I greeted.

“Hi, Kim,” The replied, almost in sync. Dean was a second or so behind Sam though.

“Are you gonna play with us?” Sam asked. “You could be a vampire or a ghost or a-”

“Sorry, kidlets. We’re going now,” Katrina interrupted.

I snorted at her and shook my head. “Next time I’m over, I’ll play with you two,” I told them, smiling. Katrina had jealousy issues, so when they steal attention from her, she gets all grumpy. She also gets very possessive when she has a boyfriend, I’m surprised she doesn’t pee on the boyfriend to “mark her territory” kinda thing.

“Mom, I’m gonna go to Zack’s for the night,” She called, ruffling Sam’s hair. “Don’t worry, his wife or girlfriend person is there. I won’t get into his pants.”

I snorted again. “Come on, booger-brain.” I grabbed her arm and pulled her out the door.

“Bye!” She smiled at me. “Let’s go not get into Zacky’s pants!” A grin lit up her face and we drove to my uncle’s house. When we got there, she nearly kicked open the door. She awed when she saw Ichabod. “Hi, cutie,” She cooed, petting him.

I smiled and went to Majesty’s side, petting her big head. Small dogs kinda freak me out…No offence to Icky or Pinkly. I prefer Majesty and Bella. Those big love-bugs. “Want a soda, weirdo?” I asked my best friend.

“Yesh please,” She answered, still talking in that baby voice.

I nodded and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge to find all my sodas were gone… Damn it, Zacky. I plopped onto the floor to find the ones I hid in the cabinet, muttering to myself.

“Damn it, Leana, it’s not my fucking fault she won’t talk to you. You’re the one who hasn’t been here for her whole fucking life.” I looked up to see Zacky pacing around the table, a mean look on his face. “We haven’t been fucking trash talking you! We told her the truth. … The fuck?! You think we don’t want you two to have a good relationship?? We’ve wanted her to have contact with at least one of her parents!” He nearly tore his hair out.

“Zack…?” I stood up.

He looked at me. “Good bye, Leana.” He ended the call with her and flopped into the chair at the table. I went over to him and hugged him, nuzzling my face into his neck. “I’m sorry, Kim…”

I shook my head. “Don’t be. I love you, okay?”

He sighed and rubbed at his head. “I love you too.” He hugged me the best he could around the chair. “When’d you even get here?” He asked.

I laughed. “A few minutes ago… Didn’t you see Kat babying Icky?” I smiled when he shook his head.

“Hey, fucker! Where’s my soda?!” Katrina demanded, coming into the kitchen. “Hey! If I’m not allowed to get in his pants, how come you get to?!”

Zacky and I laughed at the crazy girl. “Cause I knew him first,” I joked. She pouted at me. “Don’t worry, Kitty-Kat. If he does divorce Gena, you get first dibs.”

“Hey! You can’t auction me off like that!” Zacky complained.

“Well… I can face off with Gena… The winner gets you!” Katrina grinned at the thought. I lightly hit her head. “Ow!”

“Bad Kat. No trying to beat up Gena.”

She pouted and huffed. “Fine.” She walked away. “Pain in the butt.”

“Heard you!” I looked back to Zack and kissed his cheek. “Come on, let’s kick your butt in Guitar Hero,” I said with a grin. He snorted and nodded, following me into the living room, both of us trying not to think of the woman he was on the phone with.

Image

I grinned as Katrina shook her ass. “Bow down to the master,” She commanded Zacky, pointing to her feet. “I just owned you!”

I chuckled as Zacky demanded a rematch. I had gotten winded again so I was taking a rest. Katrina gave me a look that Zacky didn’t see or ignored when I told them I needed to sit down. She wasn’t letting it go, which was driving me nuts.

“I’m home,” Gena called, walking in. “I saw Kat’s car, so I assume she’s kicking butt in Guitar Hero?” She asked, coming into the living room, a few bags of groceries in her hands.

I nodded. “This is probably the seventh rematch that Zack’s gotten… Is there more in the car?” I asked nodding towards the bags.

“Yes, but you-”

“Like either of them will help,” I cut her off, smiling. “I got it.”

She rolled her eyes and continued to the kitchen. “I got you more soda, Kim,” She told me as I went outside. I got the remaining bags - almost breaking my arms - and closed the trunk. “Super Kimmy-”

I’m the super hero!” Katrina cried, looking away from the screen.

“Yes, yes you are. Super kick Zack’s butt.” I smiled at the girl. I put the bags on the table and looked at Gena. “How was shopping?”

She sighed. “Horrible. Bunch of cunts there tonight,” She complained, starting to put things away. I knew she wouldn’t let me help with this part since everything went in a certain spot, food wise.

“Yikes… I sorry, Auntie Gena.” I sat down, my heart beating fast again. I was still scared, but I didn’t want my aunt to know what was going on… It was bad enough that Katrina kinda knew.

She shrugged. “It could’ve been worst…” She continued talking while my chest hurt. I was thinking the same as her words, though. It could be worst. I was fine. I clenched my eyes shut and rubbed at my forehead. “-then this bitch just- …Are you okay, Kim?”

Apparently Zacky gave up, so him and Katrina decided to walk in, to hear that question. “Two times today? That I know of…Come on, dude…This is serious,” Katrina told me, crossing her arms over her chest as she gave me a look.

Zacky and Gena looked at my best friend. “What are you talking about?” Zack asked her. He looked back at me. “What’s wrong?”

I shook my head, glaring at Katrina. “Nothing,” I hissed.

She scoffed. “You can tell them, or I can,” She sang, giving me a look. “I’m serious about that, forget the fact that I sang it.”

I stood up, ignoring my fast paced heart. “Nothing’s wrong.” I grabbed her arm.

She scoffed and didn’t move. “And I’m fucking Zack. Both not true.” She looked to my family. “She’s been having issues for a while. Her chest. She breathes all funky and she hurts.”

Zacky and Gena shared a look. “Kim…Why didn’t you tell someone?” Gena asked. “By someone, I mean not Kat,” She continued.

I glared at my best friend. “I didn’t tell her anything.”

She smirked. “I’m your best friend. I’m extuitive…No…that’s not right…” She crinkled her nose in thought, searching her mind for the right word.

I rolled my eyes. “Kim, this is a big thing…” Zacky told me, coming closer to put a hand on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes again. “Damn it, would you listen?”

I looked at him, an eyebrow raised. “Why is this so important?” I asked, a bit…well, bitchy.

“Because your dad-” Gena stopped herself. She left the room after I turned my gaze on her, leaving me to look back to Zacky.

“What about my dad?” He shook his head and left after Gena. I glared and kicked the chair next to me in frustration. “I’m sick of knowing nothing about him!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Foreshadowing! If you're curious about what, go see how our beloved Jimmy died *sobs*
I also had fun putting Katrina's brothers in there xD If you understand the reference, you get a gold star! :3
Alrighty~! On to write more! Comment please?