Status: SEMI hiatus -slow updates-

But You're the One I Want

Prologue

It was warm, the sun was out, people were at the beaches having fun, and what was Riley Gunner doing? Studying. Trying to get extra credits so she could graduate college early. She kept telling herself that someday missing out on everything will be worth it; she would be doing what she loves, being a nutritionist for a sports team. Okay, maybe not exactly the job she'd love, but she just wanted to be around sports. They were her life. Riley didn't have any preference on what sport or team, but if she had to pick, it'd be hockey. Growing up in the State of Hockey, that's what was on everyone's mind.

Her pale skin definitely stuck out in the middle of everyone's tanned skin. But her skin wasn't the only thing that stuck out; her hair being jet black, but at the ends and up until half way, it faded from orange to pink. She had this hairstyle, along with many other crazy colors, since she was sixteen. Her family always rode her case about partying, skipping class, everything like that, so she got fed up and decided to color her hair. Her hair was naturally a light brown too. Riley was now nineteen, and still rockin' it.

It annoyed her that this was the first summer she wasn't going to Florida with her friends. She'd been going with them for the last couple summers, and instead she decided to stay home. Riley kept reminding herself that this was her idea. But she was starting to be a book worm, and her friends and siblings started to poke fun at it.

Caribou coffee was only two stores up and she could basically smell it. She was in desperate need of one of their strawberry banana smoothies after a long sitting in class. Riley flipped through a folder in her hand, looking to see what project she had to do this time. The next thing she knew, a man was bent over beside her, picking up the loose sheets.

"I am so, so sorry. I didn't look where I was going." He shoved them disorderly in the folder before standing back up and helping Riley up and handing back her folder. He looked a little taken back by her hair, or that's what she thought. He swallowed and smiled. "I'm Nick. Sorry I ran into you."

"Riley." They shook hands and she took a step away from him and to the door of Caribou. "It's totally fine, don't worry about it."

"Uh, Riley?" He jumped forward, grabbing her wrist before she could open the door. "I'm actually going there too, want to sit together?"

And that's how Riley Gunner and Nick Leddy became best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Actual chapters will be longer. :)

Hope you like this story.