Status: SEMI hiatus -slow updates-

But You're the One I Want

Let The Wind Blow Through Your Hair

"Okay, get up. We're going out. Do something," Nick pleaded, starting to get on his knees as he begged. Riley shook her head and typed at rapid speed. She only had about two sentences left, then she'd be done with her final project of the summer class she was taking. Once it was finished, she saved it and shut her laptop forcefully.

"There I'm done!" She looked at Nick with a deadly look in her eye. They both knew if she got a bad grade on that PowerPoint it would be because Nick was annoying her with his pleads. He made a hissing sound at her before pulling her off her bed. He dug through her drawers before finally throwing a bikini at her. She scowled and pushed Nick out of her room so she could change.

Riley slipped on the black bikini, putting jean shorts on as well. She put her hair in a simple pony and exited to the living room where Nick was watching some tv show. He smiled at her and grabbed her hand, leading her to the door. She never wanted to admit it out loud, but she has feelings for Nick. Not just as a best friend anymore. But she knew he would be going back to Chicago soon and Riley would be stuck in Minnesota.

Nick drove her to Lake Minnetonka. Of course he did, he knew that it was her favorite beach to go to. When they parked, Riley squealed and jumped out of his SUV. Nick laughed at her as she sprinted to their usual spot. It was way down the beach, mostly no one sat down there. He started to run after her and he easily caught up. He grabbed her bare waist and basically tackled her, except she landed on top of him. She chuckled and looked into Nick's eyes. Her breath hitched in her throat, and before she could do anything stupid, she stood up.

She picked up her bag and started walking to their spot. With her head spinning, it was not easy. She felt like she could tip over any minute, but luckily Nick caught up to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, steading her. She smiled gratefully up at him before flopping her towel down on the ground. She put sunscreen on herself, then on Nick. Knowing that he burns like a baby.

"So I have a question for you." Nick rolled on his stomach and turned his head to face Riley. She propped herself on her elbows. "How would it sound if I asked you to move to Chicago with me?"

"Like music to my ears."

"Seriously?"

She sat up completely and took her sunglasses off her head, mouth hanging open. "Wait, you're serious?" She crawled over to Nick and sat on her knees as she waited for him to answer.

"Dead," he laughed and grabbed her waist so she was now sitting on his lap. Except he was still laying on his back. "You could live with me, and I looked into an online college program that you could do, and then you could become and intern for the Blackhawks!" He was so proud of what he thought of and it made Riley's heart flutter.

"I would love to accompany you in Chicago." She smiled and made Nick sit up so she could hug him. This was one of the greatest things anyone has ever thought of for her, and that person being Nick, made her even more happier. "It's going to be awesome. Especially since I'll get to meet your sexy teammates."

He hit her on the back of the head but laughed while doing so. "Nope. You are forbidden to date any of them."

She stuck out her tongue, but didn't care one bit. There was only one Blackhawk that she wanted and that was her best friend. Not even Patrick Kane could pull her away from Nick. She stood up and stretched her arms. "Can we go swimming now?"

Nick threw her over his shoulder as he charged into the water. It was cold at first, but the lake water was exceptionally warm since the sun had been shining down on it for the past week straight. Nick set her back down, but not before dunking her. She sputtered water which looked very unattractive as she tried to dunk Nick. He just laughed at her attempts and swam away from her.

Riley crossed her arms over her chest and stood in her spot, not moving an inch. After a couple minutes Nick laughed and swam back over to her.

"Oh come on, babe." They used pet names quite often, and that confused even both of them more. Nick pecked her on the lips and wrapped his muscular arms around her. Oh, that was another thing. Since the day they became friends, they gave each other little pecks here and there, and Nick always had to have her in a hug or his arm wrapped around her. If a random person would walk by them, they would say Nick and Riley were in a relationship. "Okay, okay, I know. You just got your hair recolored and you didn't want to get it wet."

Riley stayed silent, but Nick began to giggle which made her smile. She hit him in the stomach. "Shut up."

"Nope!" He turned his back and bent his knees. "Hop on, how 'bout we go get some ice cream?"

She sequeled and jumped on his back. He walked up to the shore and dropped her right on her butt. She moaned in pain as she put on shorts and a tank top. Nick put on his shirt, grabbing the bags and bending over once again to give her another piggy back ride. "Thanks. You could basically be my personal chauffeur," she commented as she hopped in his fancy black sports car.

"Don't count on it."

"Don't count on it," she mimicked with a face and rolled down the windows and stuck her hand out, making waves in the air.

"You're such a kid."

"Well I am three years younger than you and still a teenager. You're fault for befriending such a child."

He chuckled. "I never said it's a bad thing. Plus your birthday is in like a week."

They arrived at the small ice cream shop that had the best ice cream ever in the state of Minnesota. Or at least that's what Nick and Riley thought. Nick ordered for both of them; his a small cone of superman and Riley's was a small dish of vanilla with strawberries. She smiled and thanked him, knowing if she tried to pay he would eat her ice cream too. Learned from experience. They walked outside and into a little park nearby where they sat down on swings. Nick grabbed her hand and laced their fingers together as they swung. It looked totally cliche but neither of them cared.

"Can we like, drive fast and have the top off?"

Nick almost spit the ice cream out as he laughed at her randomness. "Um why?"

She shrugged and dug her spoon in the bowl, bringing a giant bite into her mouth. "I don't know. I just feel like having a rush."

Nick continued to laugh as he shook his head. He knew she was crazy, but he didn't expect her to say something like that. He stood up, and walked to the garbage where he threw the wrapper from his cone. Nick strutted back up to her. "Alright then, lets go."

Riley stood up, stuffing the two last strawberries in her mouth before tossing her bowl and spoon as well. They walked back to his car. "So where are we driving then?"

He shrugged and kept his eyes on the road, then at a red light pressing a button so the top came down. Nick smiled brightly at her as she squealed and lowered her sunglasses on her head. "I have somewhere in mind."

They ended up driving on a highway, but Riley didn't care as she lifted her hands in the air above her head screaming. A smile never leaving her face. Nick soon got off that road and onto a gravel one. He ignored every question he got from Riley, and continued to where he wanted to go. Soon he was pulling up by this forest.

"Uh, Nick, you sure you know where you're going?"

He chuckled and helped her out of his car. "Positive." He reached behind her and grabbed the bags from the beach and slung it on his back. Nick held out his hand for her to take, which she hesitated on, and soon they were walking into the trees. After five minutes Riley heard rushing water and she stopped in her tracks gasping and hitting Nick on his arm.

"What's that?"

He shrugged like he was oblivious, but kept walking. Another two minutes and they were standing at a breath taking view. It was a small pond with water so clear you could see the bottom. A waterfall was also there and that's what Riley had heard.

"Oh my gosh, this is so pretty!" Riley gasped and covered her mouth with her hand. She walked up to the edge and stuck her hand in the water. It was warm and perfect to swim in. She quickly took off her shorts and tank top, luckily having her swimsuit still on. Riley turned around and saw Nick already ready to swim. Naked. She laughed and blushed. "I didn't know we were doing this nude."

"Well we are," he declared and jumped in, splashing Riley. When he resurfaced he was smiling at her. "The water feels so good!"

She covered up her stomach as she crossed over her arms, suddenly feeling self conscious. She didn't exaclty know why, but being naked around Nick scared her. "Turn around." Riley finally decided that she had to man up. If that made any sense.

Nick did what he was told, but couldn't help but sneak a few peaks as she untied her top and let it fall carelessly to her feet. He hated having such a sexy friend. When she turned around, he quickly swiveled his head back to normal. He felt tiny water droplets on his back as she jumped in. "Finally," he said as she swam over to him.

She stuck her tongue out at him again. It was basically her trademark. But he didn't see her do that to anyone else but him. "You're welcome." She swam away from him and over by the waterfall, swiftly swinging her hand through it. "So how many girls have you brought here?" She asked once he was by her again.

He opened his mouth to deny it, but stopped. "Well, you're my first best friend."

Riley put her hand over her heart mockingly. "And do I feel honored. I'm the first girl you're not going to have sex with here." She snorted when he didn't say anything to respond. Riley plugged her nose as she dove under to get her hair wet. She wasn't suppose to since she did just get it colored again, but honestly she could care less.

"You're right though," Nick mumbled when she got up. He didn't want to admit it because he would do anything to make her one of those girls, but that would just ruin their friendship.

"Ew I don't need to know!" Riley covered her ears with her hands but only to have them moved as Nick engulfed her in a tight hug. She awkwardly hugged him back. "This is weird. We're both naked."

"And don't you just feel closer to me than you ever have?" He exclaimed and squeezed so hard her boobs were starting to hurt.

"No. I just feel weird. I've never hugged any of my friends naked before while sitting in a pond I've never heard of before under a waterfall. I guess I'll have to write it down in my diary!"

Nick gave her a giant kiss on the cheek before pulling away. "I'm glad I'm your first."

"You're such a loser," Riley laughed and dove underwater, starting to swim away from him and to the other side.

Nick caught up to her and grabbed her leg, pulling her back into him. He pecked her lips from underwater before going back up for air. The sun was starting to set, so Nick suggested that they head home. He didn't want to get lost in the woods at night. They threw on their clothes and started to walk back. Nick stopped her in the middle of the way back, grabbing onto both her shoulders.

"Promise me one thing."

Riley rose an eyebrow at him. "Of course."

He sighed and closed his eyes before opening them and looking directly in her dark brown ones. He needed to have reassurance. "We'll always be friends no matter what happens."

She nodded and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Of course. You're my best friend, Nick. I love you."

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is one of my favorite chapters I have ever written for any story, seriously.

Thanks to everyone who's subscribed! I can't believe that many people actually did after just a prologue. You guys are great, I love you!