Status: whenever i can :D

Falling for You Again

Flying home

The plane ride home was Matt sleeping with his head jammed into my neck and my head resting on top of his. I was mostly thinking about my new job as a DT teacher in the local secondary school. I had everything planned out of the term and was excited and nervous to go. Eventually I slept for the remaining half of the journey as Matt woke up. I woke up as Matt told me it was half an hour until we landed. I woke myself up to see a happy Matt.
“you excited to see James?” I said.
He nodded and smiled at me.
“me too” I said. I had asked him if he wanted to move in with me whilst we were away, it was a big step but he would constantly be around anyway and he said he wanted to move out of the city for a bit. There was enough space for James to visit at the weekends and after school as well as he attended the primary school next to the secondary school I was working at. This meant on days when he was due to come over I could bring him back to my class and take him home.
“thank you for letting James stay with us as well” he said kissing the top of my hand that he was holding. He had gone for the stubble look at the moment which suited him very well and it tickled my hand.
“no problem at all, the little guy is great” I said leaning in to kiss him on the lips. We both smiled at each other and spent the rest of the flight in a comfortable silence.
As we got off the plane and collected our bags I sat in the waiting area for Tom to pick us up as they had left earlier than us whilst Matt got us some drinks.
I sat there until I heard a scream in the distance as Matt walked over being joined by a little James and Tom. I stood up and picked up James as he ran over to hug me
“hey my little soldier” I said kissing the top of his nose.
He giggled and said “hi sky”.
I put James down and he grabbed my hand and then Matt and jumped around between us.
I looked at Tom who was being the gentleman he is and taking my bags and said “this will be you soon”.
His infectious smile grew and he couldn’t stop talking about how excited he was along with Liz and how they have started to decorate the baby’s room in their house.
We got out the doors and I saw Liz waiting in the passenger side of the car waving to us as we came over. We put all our bags in and started driving towards now mine and Matt’s house.
James couldn’t stop talking the whole way home about what he had been up to since we had been away and that on the way here Tom told him about one if his favourite Disney films the jungle book. Thanks to Tom he was desperate to watch it.
We got home and tucked James in bed as it was getting late. We both unpacked and sorted some of Matt’s belongings out which had been sent here whilst we were away. Surprisingly we packed it all up and then collapsed on the sofa. I was in my pyjamas which was a tank top and david and goliath pyjama trousers. Matt was in his pyjama shorts and no shirt. I sat curled up in his lap watching Saturday night TV, the perfect evening.