Children

First Day Of School

When Travis wakes up he can feel that his lover is already gone, and before he starts to wonder, he remembers that today is Phoenix's first day at his new school. Phoenix is Michael's fifteen years old. Michael being the man Travis is in love with. Sometimes, when he is alone in his mind, Travis thinks about Michael's child being theirs. He knows that it's impossible with them being both males but he still loves all of Michael's kids and he can say that they are a family. the children's mom being gone even before the first time Travis and the love of his life first met.

When Travis rolls on his side to see the time, he realizes it isn't even morning and that Phoenix will be home from school in ten minutes. He was getting more and more nervous by the second.

Today they played it a new way. Normally when Michael's children went to a new school and they had to introduce themselves they would say that their father is a popular rapper and that his wife left him. However today, Phoenix begged and begged them to let him tell everyone the truth. It stressed out Travis and Michael to no end. They didn't want him to be even more bullied than he already was. This is actually the reason why they switched his school. He got bullied over and over again, and pushed into the walls at least twice a day. All because his dad is a popular rapper and they think that he is using his dad's fame to get friends. There was even a rumour going around that school saying that he was gay. Which he had started himself to protect his family. That just rewarded him with three broken ribs.

Phoenix is the bravest one of us all and if he wants to tell the true story, then they can't stop him from telling it. He deserves to be able to do what he pleases.

"Daddies, I'm home."

I just want to storm out and attacked him with questions but I can hear that my lovely husband was already doing that so I decided to just stay in bed and listen to them.

"So what did you tell them?"

"I told them my name is Phoenix, I am fifteen years old. I also said that my mommy went away when I was too young to even remember what she looks like but that I am growing up in a loving house because my dad found the love of his life. A man named Travis Barker. I also told them that dad, Travis, my sister, brother, and I are the happiest family ever and have been since the day dad married Travis. Everyone in the class said that I'm a really brave person for saying all of that and for once, it looked like everyone was accepting of me."