Status: Active. I will update everyday, every other day, OR every two days.

Degaussser.

Chapter One.

I plop down on the couch, and sigh. I had just finished moving up the last of my luggage all the way to my seventh floor flat. I finally saved up enough money to buy my own place so I could move out of my college dorm. The only "downside" there is the fact that I now have to pay rent, electric, plus water all on my own, and still manage to have some extra money for groceries and other things. My grocery list may be small, and I may not have high dollar clothing, but I never really have anyway, so it's not much of a difference.
I'm pretty proud of myself. I start my second year of college next month, and I have my own flat now. I have a good job that pays a fair amount of cash. I've always been one that really knows how to save money. My family was definitely not the richest growing up. My Dad and Mom both lost their jobs when the economy collapsed. I can't tell you how we managed to survive and keep our house without the help of my grandparents, because I don't know myself. Eventually, my dad got a high dollar job, only to lose it once again three months later. It was a really difficult time, and you can say we owed it all to my grandparent, who bought us all of our school clothes, most of our groceries, paid the phone, electric, and water bills, and were just our moral support. A year later, my dad gained another job, and was, fortunately, able to keep it. Things seemed almost back to normal, but money was still tight, seeing how my mom didn't have a job. Once I turned sixteen, I applied at as many places I could until somewhere hired me. I worked at Starbucks my freshman and sophomore years of high school, and most of my paychecks went to my family to help them out. For my sixteenth birthday, I didn't get a car, or have a big ass party. I didn't ask for anything, actually. I knew that my family couldn't afford anything. I didn't want them wasting their money on me anyway. I was content with what I had. But my parents insisted I get at least a couple of presents. It was then I got my first professional camera. How did they afford it ? I still don't know to this day. When I opened it, I could see the look on my parents faces'; happiness, pride, and a sense of relief, I guess you could say. They knew I'd secretly been wanting a camera, so all I did was thank them a billion times, and didn't question how and what it was purchased with. My junior year, I joined the yearbook team at my school, and took a majority of the pictures for my school's yearbook. I did it once again my senior year. It was mid junior year that I decided what I was going to do with my life. I combined my two favourite things in life, photography and rain, and decided I would go to Washington State University, located in Seattle, and major in photography. I would love to be a medical photographer (someone who takes pictures of crime scenes, surgerys, dead people, etc.).I had my mind made up, and I hit the road to Seattle, Washinton a week after I graduated high school, with a scholarship to Washington State University. I inherited a job at a local record store, and became really close friends with the owner, Jesse, who is now my best friend. Jesse had just finished college with a degree in musical arts. He asipred to one day be in a famous band, make lots of money, and then buy me a bad ass mansion with all his money. I told him he was being silly, thinking I would allow him to waste his money on me, let alone buy me a mansion. He told me I was too stubborn, and watch out for an 'I told you so' from yours truly.
Jesse came and sat next to me on my couch, kicking his feet up on the coffee table. I did the same. I was so lost in thought, I forgot that he was he, and had helped me move.
"I am exhausted." I mumbled.
"I am, too. I'm also really hungry. Wanna order pizza ? It's on me." He suggested.
"Jesse..."
"Veda, I swear, it's fine. You're so stubborn." He chuckled.
I finally gave in, and the pizza was ordered. I always hated when people offered to buy me things. Half of it was because I was always taught to save money for things I want if I wanted them, and because of that, it made me stubborn and guilty when anyone did. I guess I had a sense that I was being babied, and people just assumed that I couldn't do anything for myself. But I knew Jesse was just being kind, and it's the least I could do for him since he helped me move into my flat.
The pizza arrived a half hour later, and we devoured the entire thing. I was so full, I couldn't move. Jesse eventually left for home around eleven o'clock. I decided to sleep on the couch because I didn't want to move, and my bed wasn't set up. I was just dozing off when I got a text message.
From: Jesse
'Hey pretty girl. Don't forget you have school tomorrow. Decided to remind you since you'd probably forgotten. (; anyway, sleep well. Goodnight !'
I smiled, set my alarm, and put my phone on the charger. Setting it on the coffee table, I grabbed a blanket and a pillow from a box on the kitchen table. I set up the couch as comfortable as possible, and cuddled into the blanket, and drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter ! I'm sorry it's a little short. I hope you all enjoy it so far. I will be updating this story either everyday, every other day, OR every two days. Thanks for reading.