Cheated // A Niall Horan Fan-fic

Chapter One

I dug my hands into my cozy, two-hundred dollar Northface as I advanced to uptown New York. My phone buzzed through the left pocket of my jeans as I rested on a nearby bench. It was a text from Harry.

Hey babe Xx Can't wait till tonight ;) Wear something sexy

A smirk spread across my face as I replied with:

I will ;) love ya Xx

I slipped my phone in my back pocket and began my tread up the hilly, abandoned road up to my apartment, sitting in the dewy, morning sun. Sweat rolled down my face from the rays of the sun beating on my forehead. I finally reached my destination and once I was in the comfort of my expensive, suede couch, I was pulled into a deep daze.

~

I woke up to strong, firm hands on my shoulders shaking rapidly. It was Loren, my best friend.

"Nicole! Nicole! Wake up! It's time for my church carnival. You said you would help! Now get off your lazy but and get dressed!" I pulled on a bra, cami, and a wool overcoat. I slipped on a pair of my favorite jeans and ran out the door, not even realizing that I forgot about Harry and I's "date".

About halfway through the carnival in the agonizing weather, I got a call from Harry.

"Nicole! Where are you?"

"Shit! I'm sorry. I forgot that I had to volunteer at Loren's church carnival."

"Can I wait at your house?" I paused as if I had to think this through.

"Yeah, my sister will be there to let you in. Just wait in my room."

"K, when will you be back?"

"In an hour."

I hung up the phone and turned back to the kids clamoring for sugar and popsicles.