Hidden Sister

He's Dead

I stared at Draco for a moment before looking back at Bellatrix, one of my biggest fears was happening. Now the question is, would I be forced to continue this charade and fight against my friends, family, and godfather or would I be allowed to stay back and worry about everyone including Draco. Within moments of Bellatrix stating where we needed to go, everyone left the room, well everyone besides Draco, Narcissa, and myself.
“Miranda, sweetheart, you’ll be staying with me, while Draco goes into the school to get his wand back. I will be staying inside the shrieking shack, you will be acting as my guard since Draco, you will be taking my wand for the battle,” she ordered before giving us hugs, “be safe.” She pulled away and appirated to the shrieking shack.
“Draco, I’m scared,” I whimpered, staring at the spot that Narcissa had just been standing.
“I know, love,” he whispered, wrapping his arm around my waist and turning to look at his eyes, “I promise, we’ll be okay.”
“You better keep that promise or I’ll come to the afterlife to kick your ass,” I pouted as he laughed kissing my forehead.
“We better go,” his face turned serious, I only nodded before we appirated to the Shrieking Shack.
Everyone was standing there, almost all the followers were inside but voices could still be heard outside the building. We walked up to Lucius, Narcissa, and Bellatrix before turning our attention to the center of the room, where Voldemort and Nagini were both smiling at all the Deatheaters surrounding them. Through Harry, I could hear him whispering into the minds of all the current inhabitants of Hogwarts, I almost tackled him right there and then to make him stop. As soon as he finished, he focused clearly on all of us, especially Draco a wide smile coming across his decrepit face. He spoke his plan to all of us, he almost seemed proud of the fact that he would not only be killing people from the order but innocent children that would be trapped within the school. Soon all the deatheaters left, Draco kissed me once before apparating with them all, I tried to watch everything that was happening through Harry’s mind but it only made me want to tear up but I still had a part to play.
Hours went by, the sound of the battle reaching even to the inside of the Shack. I began to pace and for the first time in almost 10 year, I began to bite my nails. I walked up the stairs, up to the farthest window away from the group soon discovered a balcony. Walking to the edge of the balcony, I waved my wand to make it sturdier and stood at the edge, just staring at the school.
*Harry?* I was so scared for my brother, for Draco, god I was scared for everyone but the deatheaters.
~Not, the time Miranda. ~ He almost seemed angry at my interruption.
*I’m sorry, I’m just so scared for you, I’m worried.*
~I know Miranda; I promise everything will turn out as it is supposed to. Fred and George wanted me to tell you, Pranksters to the end, Pranksters till we die, this war will not kill us, we’ll pull the biggest prank of them all when it is done; whatever that means. ~ He almost chuckled.
*Tell them, they better keep that promise. Be safe, I love u.*
~I love u too…~
Almost as soon as we finished the conversation, I could hear Voldemort within his mind. He wanted my brother to enter the forest, alone, to kill him. At that moment I knew that Severus was dead, he more than likely found a way to get Harry the information that he needed, through Harry I felt him hold a vial, which I knew he needed to go to the pensieve. As soon as Voldemort was done talking, Narcissa called me to go downstairs. I walked back downstairs, looking around what would’ve been the foyer back when it was a beautiful mansion, I turned to left entering the family room, Voldemort was sitting in a chair by the fire place his face almost victorious. I wanted to walk up to him and smack that sorry excuse for a smirk off his face but of course I couldn’t, Nagini was sitting right next to him.
“Let us all head to the forest,” he laughed walking out the door.
We all followed walking slowly through the tears, my hood was still pulled down I wanted Harry to see my face to know, that I would be there for him no matter what. I just couldn’t approach him, I needed to get into Hogwarts with the deatheaters not be killed now. I still needed to make sure everyone was safe and if things didn’t go as plan I would need to kill Nagini and Voldemort myself.
Voldemort began to grow inpatient, I checked my watch and it had been approximately 10 minutes since he had asked Harry to meet him here, but I knew from the feelings that Harry was unconsciously sending me that not only was he on his way but he was beyond upset. I wanted to run to him and hug him, hold him, tell him everything was going to be okay but I knew that I couldn’t and it destroyed me not to be able to take care of my brother. I felt to helpless, I felt just as I had those first 4 years of Hogwarts before I had met the twins, watching my brother go through so much and not able to go near him. Soon enough Harry was standing before us, his eyes broken and for some odd reason I could see four people next to him, I reached into my pocket and for the first time in years I placed on my glasses, normally my contacts were enough but I needed an extra boost for my eyesight. Slowly the faces came into focus and I gasped, I was looking at my mother and father both smiling at me, I looked at the third person who was laughing at the fact Voldemort was standing so close to me.
“He’s more of a fool than I thought,” Sirius laughed placing his hand on Harry’s shoulder.
The only problem is every time, I tried to look at the fourth person he would turn his back to me, I knew it was someone I cared about. I wanted to know but at the same time I knew I would break down in tears if I saw who it was. Instead of trying once more, I removed my glasses and placed them back into my pocket. I looked into Harry’s eyes as Voldemort was talking to him, suddenly Voldemort raised his wand, laughing.
~Miranda, I love you sister. ~
*I love you too*
~I know about Snape and our mother, I know what I am, and I know why you had to die too. ~
*I’m sorry for never telling you.*
~I understand, I had to learn this on my own or I wouldn’t have believed it. ~
*I LOVE YOU* a single tear managed to escape my eye and I quickly wiped my eye pretending to tuck a lock of hair that had gotten loose back in place.
~I love you too~ he whispered back as he closed his eyes.
“AVADA KEDAVRA!!” Voldemort screamed the spell hitting Harry straight in the chest, Hagrid was screaming the entire time and suddenly went quiet when Harry’s body dropped; Voldemort had fallen to the ground causing me to smirk. Narcissa got up slowly walking up towards Harry.
“Mom,” I reached to stop her but she waved me off, I didn’t notice my own mother frown.
Narcissa took small, slow steps almost as apprehensive as I was about revealing my true identity to her. As she got closer I began to hold my breath so terrified to hear what she had to say, I tried to penetrate his mind but I couldn’t see or hear anything from him at all. I took another step towards her only to be stopped by Lucius, I glared at him with all the disgust and hate I felt for him. Narcissa finally reached Harry, she bent down to his side, then I felt the spark of life in him, I felt him back inside his mind. I heard Narcissa ask him if Draco was still alive, I felt him nod and I couldn’t help the relieved sigh that escaped not only for my brother being alive but for Draco being alive too.
“HE’S DEAD!!!” she turned and screamed, earning laughter from all the deatheaters, Bellatrix the loudest.
Soon enough they had Hagrid carry Harry, as I raised my hood, hiding not only my hair but my face within the shadow. I felt the power of the magic starting to fade from my hair and for some odd reason; my braid began to come lose my hair falling down into its naturally smooth waves. I kept wondering, who was messing with my hair and why they choose to make fall out of its intricate design. The closer we got to the school, the closer Narcissa moved to me until she was finally holding my hand, gripping it tightly, I could feel how sweaty her palm was. When we reached the gates and stood in the courtyard, with the order and many students on one side, Voldemort and the deatheaters on the other, I almost thought we would be fighting again.
“NO!” I heard McGonagall scream it was such a sound of despair that I flinched not helping the reaction, earning a squeeze from Narcissa, Bellatrix laughed.
“No!”
“No!”
“Harry! HARRY!” all the voice intermingled but I could make out Ron, Hermione, and Asha’s voice all wanting to run forward.
“SILENCE!” Voldemort screamed there was a flash of bright light forcing everyone to quiet, “It is over! Set him down, Hagrid, at my feet, where he belongs!”
I watched as Hagrid put Harry on the ground before him, Voldemort almost put his foot on top of him but thought better and just kicked him. I reached for my wand before realizing that I couldn’t what with Draco having Narcissa’s wand she would have been left defenseless, I searched before my eyes landed on his platinum blonde hair he was looking at Harry’s body with the same despair as everyone else. I wanted to run to him, wrap myself in his arms, I knew Harry was faking but still it hurt seeing my brother being treated like a useless rag.
“You see?” said Voldemort, “Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!”
“He beat you!” yelled Ron; many more people in Hogwarts were screaming again, a more powerful bang soon extinguished their voices again.
“He was killed while trying to sneak out of the castle grounds,” Voldemort laughed, relishing in his own lie, “killed while trying to save himself, now you must put your faith in me. Me, who will show you the true use of magic and the power it, can give you; now who will be joining us?”
“Draco,” I heard Lucius whisper, I looked up at Draco, willing him to stay there, he looked truly conflicted, “Draco.” Lucius whispered again.
“Draco,” this time it was Narcissa, who whispered, “…come.”
That was all it took and he walked across the courtyard, towards his mother but was stopped halfway by Voldemort. He wrapped his arms around him, in what could only be classified as the most awkward hug that I had ever seen. Draco didn’t even raised his hands, he walked over to us, he hugged his mother, ignored his father, before finally wrapping his arms around me. I leaned up and kissed him with all the passion and love I could place inside that kiss, we pulled apart as he leaned his forehead against mind. I noticed that he had a black eye forming, I would have to get revenge for that later but right now it isn’t the time.
“I love you,” I whispered looking into his eyes as they brightened, he kissed me again.
“I love you too,” he smiled before turning to look at Voldemort, releasing Draco’s hand as I did so.
“Who is this?” he hissed in his snake voice as a chubby, awkward looking kid limped towards him, “who has volunteered to demonstrate what happens to those who continue to fight when the battle is lost?”
“Neville Longbottom, my Lord! The boy who has been giving the Carrows so much trouble! The son of the Aurors, remember?” Bellatrix laughed, god how I wanted to punch her in the face.
“Ah, yes, I remember,” Voldemort laughed, “But you are a pureblood, aren’t you, my brave boy?”
“So what if I am?” the boy, Neville, said loudly.
“You show spirit and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a very valuable Death Eater. We need your kind, Neville Longbottom.”
“I’ll join you when hell freezes over,” my eyebrows shot up, I liked the kid, “Dumbledore’s Army!” he shouted earning a cheer, Voldemort’s silencing charm not working, I smiled, it was working.
“Very well,” Voldemort shrugged, “If that is your choice, Longbottom, we revert to the original plan. On your head be it.”
With a wave of his wand, the castle windows shattered and a really weird, almost misshapen bird flew out, and landed on Voldemort’s hand that “bird” turned out to be the sorting hat.
“There will be no more Sorting at Hogwarts School,” said Voldemort, “there will be no more Houses. The emblem, shield, and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone. Won’t they, Neville Longbottom?”
“WAIT!!” I screamed out stepping forward and walking towards Neville, I smiled at him and winked, “I have something to say my Lord,” the sarcasm was clear, I could hear shocked gasped from everyone.
“What is it my dear, Miranda?” Voldemort growled/hissed.
“I first like to applaud, Neville here on his bravery,” I turned and smiled once more, slowly raised my hands to my hood, “you are as much of a Gryffindor as my brother has always said.”
When I was looking back at Voldemort, I dropped my hood my hair was back to its beautiful, flaming red, my eyes which would always be dull due to the black in my hair returning to their vibrant hazel, and the famous Potter smirk on my face. Voldemort stared, as did everyone else, Draco only smiled his grey eyes glittering as he saw my face.
“Lily?” I heard a voice whisper from behind me.
“Sorry, no,” I answered the woman I had never seen before, then turned to Voldemort, “forgive me for the charade Voldy,” he glared at me, causing my smirk to grow larger, “my name is not Lily, my name is Miranda. That part was true, me saving Draco, true, as for hating Harry and everything his stands for no, I am really sorry for lying to you, mom.” I looked over at Narcissa frowning before turning back to Voldemort, “My name is not Miranda Johnson, its Miranda Potter and I’m Harry Potter’s twin sister. Thought you killed me, didn’t you?” I smiled watching as his eyes widened, I only bowed.