Hidden Sister

Identity Revealed

“My name is not Miranda Johnson, it’s Miranda Potter and I’m Harry Potter’s twin sister. Thought you killed me, didn’t you?” I smiled watching as his eyes widened, I only bowed.

The entire courtyard was quiet, you could hear a small pin drop fall as Voldemort’s eyes started to slit the harder he glared. They stared between me and him almost waiting for us to attack each other, I saw Harry reaching for his invisibility cloak, very carefully and quietly unraveling. I slowly reached for my wand, trying not to provoke him if I could but suddenly he screamed in anger, lighting the sorting hat on fire, placing Neville in a full body binding spell, throwing the hat on top of his head. I ran to him, trying to rip the hat off of him but before I could even raise my wand there came the sound of hooves and stomping, I looked over towards the sound, forgetting about Neville.
“HAGGER!” Grawp’s voice rang out as he came closer to the castle.
The hooves came closer, the sound of string’s twanging intermingled as the Death Easters broke ranks, gasping and screaming in surprise as the Centaurs shot at them. I looked back at Harry to notice him god, I nodded knowing that he went under the invisibility cloak. Looking back at Neville, I saw that he broke free of the Body-Bind Curse and in a fluid motion; he raised a silver, glittering, rubied handle from the depths of the sorting hat. Somehow, Nagini had gotten close to Neville and within seconds Nagini’s body thudded on the ground her head rolling away. Voldemort, screamed in outrage.
“HARRY! HARRY- WHERE’S HARRY?” Hagrid screamed.
The battle had begun once more, the Death Eaters and Voldemort’s giants vs. the majority of Hogwarts, the Order, Centaurs, Grawp, Buckbeak, and now Hagrid. All the Death Eaters and Voldemort were being horded into the Great Hall, as I was shooting spells at them I noticed Draco, Narcissa and Lucius running towards the bridge heading away from the battle. I ran towards them as quickly as I could, I didn’t need to see the battle; I just needed to get to Draco and Narcissa as fast as possible. She was the closest I ever had to a mom that truly cared for me, I didn’t want to lose her and in return lose Draco.
“DRACO!!” yelling I ran into his arms as he turned around, tears falling from my face.
“Shh, please don’t cry,” he wrapped his arms around me tightly, burying his face in my hair, “I promise you, I’ll be back, I’ll find you.”
“I’ll be waiting and I’ll make sure the Ministry does not put any of you in Azkaban.” I muttered into his neck, before pulling back, kissing him with all the love that I have, scared that I wouldn’t see him again.
“Thank you, I love you,” he whispered slowly pulling away to look into my eyes.
“I love you, too.” I whispered back, kissing him once more before pulling away.
I looked at Narcissa the tears falling faster as she took a step towards me, I was waiting to be slapped or hit but instead she wrapped her arms around me holding me tightly. I hugged her with all the strength I had and cried until I felt as if my eyes would fall out of my head.
“I’m sorry mom, I’m so sorry. I didn’t want to lie to you anymore but I had to do this, I had to get revenge for my parents.” I mumbled as my head was buried in her shoulder.
“I understand, sweetheart, I understand,” she shushed me before pulling away and kissing my forehead, “I do love you as a daughter and I know that you will keep your promise, you will take care of us and protect us.”
“I will, I swear, I will,” I pulled away turning towards the battle before looking back, “I have to go help Harry.”
“I know, be safe,” she pulled let me go before grabbing Draco and Lucius’ hand pulling them away, I watched until they were far enough and they appirated to god only knows. I looked down at the ring I still had on my finger and smiled as it showed me where they were; leave it Narcissa to think of everything.
I turned around and ran back inside, following the sound of the curses, there was many wizards and witches fighting in the corridor itself but the majority of the sound was coming from the Great Hall, shooting off some spells of my own I ran into the Great Hall. I looked to see Bellatrix dead on the floor, multiple Death Eaters all taken out, Yaxley, Lestrange, Greyback, Avery, they were all unconscious. Harry was facing off against Voldemort, the Order and Hogwarts cheering that he was alive, Voldy just looked pissed.
“Aren’t you listening? Snape never beat Dumbledore! Dumbledore’s death was planned between them! Dumbledore intended to die undefeated, the wand’s last true master! If all had gone as planned, the wand’s power would have died with him, because it had never been won from him!” Harry was screaming at Voldemort, as I slowly went to stand at his side.
“But then, Potter, Dumbledore as good as gave me the wand!” Voldemort’s voice shook with malicious pleasure, “I stole the wand from its last master’s tomb! I removed it against its last master’s wishes! Its power is mine!”
“You still don’t get it, Riddle, do you? Possessing the wand isn’t enough Holding it, using it, doesn’t make it really yours. Didn’t you listen to Ollivander? The wand chooses the wizard…The Elder Wand recognized a new master before Dumbledore died, someone who never even laid a hand on it. The new master removed the wand from Dumbledore against his will, never realizing exactly what he had done, or that the world’s most dangerous wand had given him its Allegiance,” Voldemort was breathing rapidly as he raised the wand directly in Harry’s face, I grabbed hold of my brother’s hand, giving him a reassuring smile.
“The true master of the Elder Wand was Draco Malfoy,” I smirked, as Voldemort’s face turned blank.
“But what does it matter?” Voldemort said softly, “Even if you are right, Potter, it makes no difference to you and me. You no longer have the phoenix wand: We duel on skill alone….and after I killed you, I can attend to Draco Malfoy.” I tensed for a moment glaring at him.
“But you’re too late,” Harry mimicked my smirk; we truly looked like twins now, “You’ve missed your chance. I got there first. I overpowered Draco weeks ago. I took this wand from him,” Harry raised the hawthorn wand, everyone staring at him, “So it all comes down to this, doesn’t it?” he continued in a whisper, “Does the wand in your hand know its last master was Disarmed? Because if it does…I am the true master of the Elder Wand.” Almost as if one cue the sun began to rise, a red gold glow burst through the enchanted sky, the rays entering through the windows.
“Avada Kedavra!”
“Expelliarmus!”
The bang that followed as the spells collided was that of a cannon blast and golden flames erupted from the center of the circle that had been made by the spells force. I put as much of my energy into Harry, hoping that the bond he had as infants was still strong 16 years later, increasing the power within his spells. Harry looked up as the Elder Wand flew high in the air, spinning as it did so and Harry with his skills as a Seeker caught the wand in his free hand as Voldemort fell backwards, arms splayed, his eyes rolling in the back of his head. He was dead, finally, and forever, killed by his own spell rebounding to him.
Cheers and shouts were heard as everyone began to jump and hug one another, I turned to hug my brother soon engulfed in a hug from the Weasleys, Hermione, Asha, Neville, and so many more people that I didn’t know. I laughed, kissing my brother’s cheek before I was pulled away and spun in a circle. I wrapped my arms and legs around the person, scared shitless that I would be dropped, when they finally lowered me to the ground, I looked up to the face of Oliver Wood, I smiled once more before wrapping my arms around him again burying my face into his chest. As I pulled away, I looked to where they were carrying Voldemort’s body slightly disgruntled that they didn’t just put him in a corner, but my eyes stopped on a familiar color of red hair. I slowly made my way towards the person, yanking my arm out of Oliver’s grip as he tried to stop me.
I was so scared; please don’t let it be who I think it is, please. I kept saying over and over again in my head, tears slowly coming to my eyes. Soon enough I stood at the feet of my one of my closest and dearest friend, I broke down, falling against his body just hugging him as tears poured from my eyes, I stayed silent allowing everyone to cheer and be happy.
“You promised,” I whispered.
~~Flashback to the wedding~~
“Come on, we can’t make that type of promise.” I begged, frowning as Fred and George laid their hands on top of mine.
“Well think about it this way, if one of us dies it automatically vetoed the unbreakable vow,” Fred tried to make light of the subject as he held his wand in his free hand.
“Yeah, come on Miranda. You know you want to.” George chuckled bumping her with his shoulder.
“I’ve got a better idea,” she held up her pinky, “let’s pinky promise.”
“We like that better,” George and Fred laughed, I wrapped my left pinky around Fred’s right, he placed his left on George’s and George’s placed his on mine.
“We all pinky promise, to make it out of this war alive, to come back and pull the biggest prank of them all.” We all said together laughing, then hugging one another.
~~End of Flashback~~
Soon enough I felt strong warm arms wrap around me, the celebration still going on behind me, warm tears fell onto my shirt the familiar sent of sandalwood after shave filling my nose. I turned in the arms to look into George’s face, his eyes almost appeared hallow but his face alone showed how distraught he was, I wrapped my arms around him burying my face into his neck as he did the same to me.
“I’m so sorry, George,” I whispered kissing his cheek, “maybe if I would’ve been here, we could’ve fought together.”
“There is nothing we can do anymore, Miranda. He would be so mad at us to know we are still crying over him, he would want us to pull the best prank of them all.” He tried to make it better looking me in the eyes.
“Let’s do it, after all the celebrations and the clean-up.” I attempted a smile, “A prank so big and so grand not only would it make Fred proud, but it will pull the prank you did on Umbridge to shame.”
“It’s a date,” he kissed my lips before pulling away and walking back to his family.
I sat there shocked; no way did George Weasley just kiss me. He knows about Oliver, not about Draco, but definitely Olive, oh please don’t place some boy drama on me now, after everything I definitely don’t need boy drama. I went to stand up but stopped looking at the two bodies lying next to Fred, Remus and Tonks, more tears fell down my cheeks as I grabbed hold of my godfather’s hand. Now I knew what Harry felt like when Sirius died, I lost the closest thing I had to a father in my entire life, the woman that raised me in America wasn’t married, Remus was my father. I leaned down and kissed his cheek, placing his hand back on the ground as I stepped back, I knew Remus was standing next to me, his spirit at least, I felt a hand placed on my shoulder almost as if to comfort me, all I could do was nod.
I began to make my way towards the entrance, walking to wear I felt Harry was and sure enough he was standing next to Asha, Ron, and Hermione. I placed my hand in his as I reached his side; he turned to me and nodded knowing that I needed him, knowing that I just saw my godfather’s body. We slowly made our way towards Dumbledore’s office, old office now, the gargoyle let us in without so much as a compliant, there was arguing from behind the main office door and when we opened it, it was discovered that the portraits of old headmasters were arguing with each other. Phineas was screaming something about Slytherin helping, while the others were saying something about the Slytherins hiding in their dungeons, I gave Harry a confused look before we walked in and they all shut up.
Ron and Hermione were still holding each other’s hand as though it were a life line, and Asha was now holding Harry’s hand a tentative smile on her face when he looked at him. I released Harry’s hand and walked over to Fawkes petting his head as I looked around the all too familiar, slightly empty, room. Harry was looking up at the portrait of Dumbledore, who even in a portrait had that sparkling twinkle in his eye.
“The thing that was hidden in the Snitch,” Harry said, his voice shaking and I saw Asha squeeze his hand almost as if to give him strength, “I dropped it in the forest. I don’t know exactly where, but I’m not going to go looking for it again. Do you agree?”
“My dear boy, I do,” Dumbledore laughed, the other portraits looked confused, “A wise and courageous decision, but no less than I would have expected of you. Does anyone else know where it fell?”
“No one,” Harry replied, and Dumbledore nodded with satisfaction.
“I’m going to keep Ignotus’ present, though,” Harry quickly entered causing Dumbledore to beam.
“But of course, Harry, it is yours forever, until you pass it on!”
“And then there is this.” Harry held up the elder wand, Asha flinched away from it while Ron and Hermione looked at it with amazement.
“I don’t want it,” Harry said causing a smile to go on my face.
“What?” Ron questioned loudly, “Are you mental?”
“I know it’s powerful,” Harry said wearily, he looked so tired, “But I was happier with mine. So…”
He rummaged in the pouch that hung around his neck, not sure how I didn’t miss that, and pulled out the two halves of his wind connected only by the finest thread of a phoenix father. A wand that broken would not be able to be repaired by anyone, most wizards would be forced to purchase another wand, correction to have a wand choose them then purchase it. As he placed his hand on the headmaster’s desk and touched the tip of the Elder Wand against his own.
“Reparo.” As his wand resealed, red sparks flew out of its end. Harry turned and smiled at me both of us knowing that he had succeeded. He picked up the holly and phoenix wand and his smile grew larger the tell-tale sign of the wand accepting their reunion and rejoicing.
“I’m putting the Elder Wand, back where it came from. It can stay there. If I die a natural death like Ignotus, its power will be broken, won’t it? The previous master will never have been defeated. That’ll be the end of it.” Harry looked back up at Dumbledore as he spoke.
“Are you sure?” Ron asked as he stared longingly at the Wand.
“I think Harry’s right,” Hermione said quietly.
“As do I,” Asha put in her two cents smiling as she looked at Harry and he smiled back.
Hm, there must be more going on there than I thought. I’m gonna work on that, no way am I going to be related to Ginny, I thought bumping into Harry’s shoulder and he laughed for the first time in god knows how long.
“That wand’s more trouble than it’s worth,” Harry said, “And quiet honestly, I’ve had enough trouble for a lifetime.”
We all laughed as we smiled at the portraits especially Dumbledore, everyone made an effort to move towards the door before noticing I was still standing in front of the portrait. I stared up before moving my eyes to Phineas to Asha and back to Phineas; I smiled and winked at him before finally looking back at Dumbledore.
“I did everything that I was told, maybe now we can all, live the life you promised,” I was almost rude but hey I was raised in America after all.
“Maybe, but I believe there is still one more thing you need to take care of,” Dumbledore winked nodding his head towards Asha.
“I think that might be fun,” I laughed before turning around jumping on my brother’s back, “Anyone ready for a nice long nap in my private dorm?”
“No one can enter?” Harry asked.
“Not without my express permission, it’s all decked out with a large plasma screen, DVD player, almost all of the awesome movies, my own bathroom with multiple showers, and a secret staircase/slide to the kitchens if we need snacks.” I laughed at their faces and Harry continued giving me a piggy back ride.
“LEAD THE WAY!!!” Hermione and Asha screamed, obviously wanting those showers.
“Onward noble steed,” I laughed showing him the path to my room.
“Okay,” he laughed and we continued up to a staircase not even the Marauders Map would know about.