Thursday Writing

An Afternoon With Quimby

“I, Quimby Zippy-Splatmeister, am king of the world!” I yell throughout the house. I feel proud that I climbed my mountain of pillows and couch cushions which I named Mount Quimby. I put my blanket that’s tied to a stick on the top. I am so excited I need to tell my mom! “MOMMY!” I wail running to the kitchen.

I left Quimby in the living room for a little while so I could prepare our lunch. I gather the bread, cheese, and margarine, and turn the stove on. I lay the first piece of bread down and it sizzles loud so I turn the heat down. Now I hear Quimby calling me, so I put his grilled cheese on a plate, turn the heat off, and attend to him. “What is it Quimby?” I ask him kneeling down to his level. He tells me he made a mountain and there is a secret about the mountain. I tell him, “that’s great, but you need to eat first and then you can play.” I left him up and put him in his high chair and we eat lunch together.

Mommy makes me a grilled cheese for lunch and it is very good. It’s cheesy and gooey and I really like it. I can’t wait to show her my kingdom. I eat quickly so I can get back to my kingdom. My people are probably wondering where I went. I said I was only going to be gone a minute. I finish and ask Mommy to come with me to my kingdom. I take her hand and drag her into the living room where my kingdom is. “Here it is Mommy. This is my Kingdom. I am the king here!” I say feeling very proud.

Quimby takes me into the living room to show his kingdom to me and I am amazed that he built this all by himself. He’s only four! He shows me his mountain it has a secret door that opens and inside is what he calls his castle. It’s a large fort, but he’s very proud of it and so am I. He tells me I can be his princess, Princess Babette, he names me. He also tells me that this is the best day ever, and I agree.
♠ ♠ ♠
Age 16. Thurs 9/29