Weight of the World

Chapter One

Zayn wiped the dust from his eyes and sighed, shifting his rifle. He had been sitting behind this embankment all day and he was exhausted from the heat and the constant battle against the things. Whatever they were, he hated them. Though, so did everyone else. They had uprooted everyone from their homes and now millions were dead. As soon as they were given the OK to leave the site, he grabbed his handkerchief and jogged over to the jeep. He would be back with Harry soon enough and he used that to keep him calm as they raced back towards base camp. All the boys in the jeep shooting at their moving targets, the things. Not close enough to hurt, but close enough to shoot.

Once they were back at base camp, he shed his heavy jacket and all the guns. Except the one he kept in his boot, which always stayed. He made his way into the nursing tent, searching for his curly haired boyfriend. He couldn’t bring himself to look at the fallen members, knowing he could be one of them soon. His tan hand grazed through his short, dark hair as his eyes fell upon his boyfriend. He was nursing a child, one that Zayn had purposefully saved from being bitten.

“Harry,” Zayn murmured, acting like they were only two in the room. It had been such a long time since they had seen each other, three days exactly. Though that’s how things worked now. Zayn’s group went out for three days, trying to find survivors and kill anything that made a sound like a garbage disposal. Then another group went out for three days doing the exact same thing. Once the green eyed boy turned around, they filled with tears. He smiled and mouthed, “Hey”, before he finished up with the small child.

Zayn waited quietly, his hands in his pockets. He didn’t want to rush Harry, seeing as his job was most important, but he missed him. The curled haired boy made his way to Zayn, hugging him tightly. “Thank god you’re okay,” He muttered into Zayn’s neck, his arms holding him closer to the Pakistani boy. Zayn chuckled softly and closed his eyes, his arms wrapping around Harry’s smaller body. “I told you I’d be fine,” Zayn murmured and kissed the green eyed boys hair.

This was everything to them, the hugs and the quick kisses. This was all they had now; everything else had been torn to shreds. Zayn’s hands rubbed the taller boys back gently and then kissed his shoulder lightly. “Are you free?” the Pakistani boy asked as they pulled away. He didn’t want to get Harry in trouble, not knowing what they would do to him. “Yeah, I am.” Harry smiled and took the other boys hand, leading him to his separate tent. They killed for this time alone that they had, it was only at night though. They couldn’t chance it at all during daylight.

Once they were in Harry’s tent, their lips collided in a hot kiss that they both knew could lead to something they craved. Harry murmured Zayn’s named against his skin as he peppered kisses down his jaw. Zayn fell back against the bed and wrapped his arms securely around Harry, though Harry’s assault on his neck hadn’t ceased. “Harry,” Zayn murmured, his fingers brushing through his lovers curls. “I have three more days, baby. Slow down,” Harry slowly nodded and snuck his arm over Zayn’s chest, rubbing gently.

It couldn’t get any better than this and honestly it couldn’t. They were surrounded by a giant wall, protecting them from those things that had killed most of the population. It wasn’t something they chose, but they lived with it. Killing by day and laying low by night.
♠ ♠ ♠
idk. I saw World War Z and thought of this. idk if its bad. Gimme some feedback yeah?