‹ Prequel: Sex Swap
Sequel: Gang
Status: done :)

Superheroes

Day 16: Superheroes

Posters adorning his walls, t-shirts and other merchandise were his wardrobe choices, his tumblr was full of gifs and pictures of him, endless hours online surfing about him, Alex Gaskarth was without a doubt a fanboy.

Out of all the superheroes Jackman was his favorite. Living in Baltimore, he always hoped to meet him as that was where he apparently lived but it never happened.

Alex contented himself with reading every comic about him, talking about him endlessly, reading fan fictions and looking up every bit of information about him he could find. He didn't know what about the Jackman he liked better than any other but it was a fact. Batman, superman, the hulk, no one beat the Jackman.

It was another day in Alex's dull action less life. He finished his college lessons and walked over to the mall to check if any new comics were out. As he was walking he noticed a tall lanky man was staring at him.

He ignored it until the man approached him and asked "Is that a skeleton tattoo?" pointing at Alexs forearm.

"Yep. It's for the Jackman."

"Oh you like the Jackman?"

"Isn't it obvious by my shirt and bracelets?" Alex asked smiling.

"Guess it is. I'm Jack."

"Alex." He introduced himself, shaking the mans arm.

"So what do you do in life?"

"I'm majoring in game animating."

"That's rad." The man, Jack said.

"What about you?" Alex asked.

"Well, I'm a accountant and-" He cut himself before looking at the small girl standing on the tall building, about to jump.

"Heres my number I got to go!" He yelled tossing a piece of paper to Alex.

As he opened his bag, Alex spotted a Jack Skellington mask, like the Jackman. It couldn't be right? Maybe he was cosplaying him. After all Alex would know when he'd see his idol right?

Alex was about to call Jack but he seemed to have disappeared. He looked up to the building roof. There was a small quick flash up the side of the building.

Then Jackman appeared, wearing his signature black suit and Jack Skellington mask. He stood next to the girl and talked to her for a few minutes. Then he gave her a hug.

People by then were pointing and talking about Jackman making another appearance. Alex just knew it. The man he'd talked to was Jackman.

He wanted to scream, fangirl and cry. He stared again at Jackman. He was helping the girl down. He had just saved another life.

Alex waited for Jack or Jackman to come back but he seemed to have disappeared. Alex walked home, abandoning the idea of going to see comics.

He couldn't believe it. He had talked to Jackman! He had shook Jackmans hand! He had introduced himself to Jackman! He had Jackmans number!

He opened his tumblr earthtoalex and wrote about it, fangirling about it with all his followers. He was so amazed and happy.

He promised himself he wouldn't call Jack until tomorrow, so he wouldn't appear too stalkerish or creepy but after two hours of staring at the scrawled number he dialed it.

After a few rings, Jacks deep voice answered.

"Hi it's Alex from earlier. It's ok if you don't remember me but I just had a great time talking to you and I'd love to do it again. It's ok if you don't want to, I get it and you don't have to feel like you have to talk to me but if you want to I'd really like to. You gave me your number so I thought maybe you wanted me to call you but it's ok. I'll hang up." Alex said in one breath.

Alex could feel Jack smiling as he said "No stay! I want to talk to you. Want to meet up over at the coffee shop at Thames street in like 20 minutes?"

Alex tried not to scream as he answered "Sounds great. See you there." in his best omg-my-idol-is-talking-to-me-and-I-need-to-sound-nonchalant voice.

He hung up the phone before looking at all the Jackman posters in his room and screaming "HOLY MOTHERFUCK I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!"

He was panicking. Going to a coffee shop with his idol. How could he not panic? He couldn't find anything that looked good and wasn't somehow related to Jackman, his hair refused to look good, and he couldn't find his favorite sneakers.

Finally he ran out of his house, hoping he looked decent. His mind kept second guessing himself. What if they didn't know what to talk about? What if Alex was his usual awkward self? What if he blurted out about how much he was obsessed with him? So many things could happen.

He arrived and found Jack sitting outside smiling at him. He was about to sit down but he somehow managed to trip and push the table and Jack to the floor.

Alex immediately turned completely red. He felt so embarrassed. This was basically everything he didn't want to happen happening.

He muttered "I'm so sorry." as he saw Jack sitting on the floor with the table on the floor next to them.

Jack had a unclear expression on his face and Alex just knew this was it. He'd scared his idol away.

Then a sweet peal of laughter cut through Alex's mortified thoughts. Jack was laughing loudly, his eyes twinkling as he shook from all his laughing. At first Alex felt like he just wanted to disappear. But then he couldn't help himself and joined him.

They sat there on the floor laughing for a few minutes, before Jack stood up, fixed the table and gave Alex his hand to help him stand up. Alex took it, feeling the warm callused palm.

"That was fun!" Jack said lightly.

Alex was so thankful for that. He could have made it so awkward but he didn't. They chatted for a few more minutes, Alex enjoying with disbelief every second.

But Alex of course, had to blurt out "How does it feel to be so fast?"

Jack frowned for a few minutes before saying "I thought you didn't know."

"It was kind of obvious, I'm sorry." Alex wanted to punch himself. First he knocks Jack down, then he ruins everything by asking stupid questions and showing Jack he knows he's Jackman.

"Oops. You weren't fanboying too much. I'm still not used to this whole secrecy thing. It's really annoying.To answer your question, it's pretty rad but the best thing about it all is helping people." Alex gave him a smile.

They continued talking. Slowly Alex found himself relaxing and just enjoying talking to Jack. He was so funny and modest.

After a few hours Jack said he had to go and that he'd like for them to talk again. Alex was so overjoyed. He loved the fact they were becoming closer.

That was how everything started. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw fanboying Alex. That video when he tells Mark Hoppus jupiter has rings is literally the cutest thing ever. Idk how related this is to heroes but hey I updated twice today so I'm not behind on the challenge :D

Comments are so appreciated