‹ Prequel: Superheroes
Sequel: Military/War
Status: Done

Gang

Day 17: Gang

Love.

In Alex's world that word didn't exist. Lust, sex, sure but love, never. Violence, sex, and drugs controlled their lives. That was how everyone was, how life was. Alex knew this, saw it as a law.

Everyone knew they wouldn't make anything out of their lives. This was the only thing they had. Alex was determined not to ruin it.

With his father dead, he was the man of his family and he had to be perfect. Maybe not the type of school preppy perfect but he was the perfect gang leader. He refused to do anything that would ruin his image, his job. Whatever feeling he felt had to be pushed inside, ignored completely.

Jack meanwhile was pressured into the gang. He didn't mean for this, any of this to happen. Everyone knew he didn't belong there, with his perfect family, and perfect life.

Jack was ready to leave permanently, just disappear, go on a plane to France, create a new life, forget his messed up teen years, that he messed up. But something happened. The most unexpected, awful thing that could happen, at the worst possible time.

He fell in love with the gang leader, Alex.

Alex was attractive sure. It was the first thing people noticed about him. With his messy brown hair, cinnamon eyes, rare yet beautiful smile, tattoo coveted body and slightly muscly build, he was extremely attractive. But Jack didn't fall in love with that.

Jack fell in love with Alex's quiet confidence, with Alex's strong leadership, with Alex's silly jokes, with Alex. Alex who never showed weakness, Alex who knew he was going nowhere but refused to sink, Alex who loved animals but hated humans with all his heart, Alex who never ever complained about his life, just soaked it all up. Alex who in their gang family was the father, caring about everyone. Alex who above everything wanted to be the best yet doubted himself. Yes Jack fell in love with Alex.

So he suffered through the hard times, the name callings, being his family's shame, knowing he was the weakest in the gang because everything was worth seeing Alex smile that rare crooked smile. He'd make jokes, be whoever Alex wanted him to be, just so Alex would notice him, just so Alex would care about him.

In their world love didn't exist, wasn't even a thought. But Jack loved Alex. Jack kept wishing, dreaming of a opportunity to tell Alex that he had become the only reason for his existence but he didn't know how, didn't know when. So he kept it a secret, his tiny little secret, that he'd broken the number one law because he loved Alex.

Until one day something happened. It was another action filled night. They were going to their enemy neighboring gangs territory to get back some money that was stolen. Alex wanted to use the money to help everyone get a better education. Alex as usual was in the head, with Jack trying to keep up.

"There it is." Alex whispered, pointing at the suitcase of money, next to their campfire. "I'll go get it." Alex said and started to sneak towards the suitcase.

As he stepped forward he made the mistake of walking on a stick. That tiny noise was just enough to make one of them turn around, holding a gun, aiming.

Jack stared at the disaster that was unfolding. Before he could stop himself before he could think about his moves, he sprinted forward, pushing Alex out of the way.

He didn't hesitate, didn't ever consider changing his actions. For Alex he'd do anything. As clinche as it was, he'd take a bullet for Alex any day.

Alex fell on the floor, Jack meanwhile started running toward the money. The bullet whizzed  next to his ear, just missing him. He had to get the money. It was important for Alex. He had to do it, no matter what would happen.

He made his way to the suitcase, and grabbed it, ignoring the mans surprised expression. The man held the gun, a small smirk appearing on his face. Jack started to run, holding the suitcase.

A bang sounded. Jack felt the sharp pain in his side. He couldn't stop. He just couldn't. He had to continue.

For Alex. For Alex. For Alex. For Alex. He whispered to himself making if his mantra. He was a few feet from safety.

Another bang sounded. Jack felt it hit him in his back. He couldn't go anymore. The pain attacked his side, his back. Everything burned. He collapsed to the ground.

He'd gotten the suitcase. That was everything he needed. He helped Alex. His vision slowly blurred.

Then he felt someone gently carry him in his arms, put him on his back and start running. Every movement hurt more and more. He felt someone gently lie him down on the ground.

He could see a blurry Alex stare at him. Alex tore of his shirt, looking at the damage.

Jack whispered weakly "If you wanted sex you could have just told me." Alex let out a hysterical giggle.

Blood was covering Jacks entire stomach and back. Two gaping holes stared at him, bullets lodged in. Jack felt himself get more and more weaker, feeling numb. He slowly closed his eyes.

Alex grabbed his arm frantically "No Jack! Stay with me! Jack don't leave me! Please Jack! Jack stay! Stay with me! You'll be ok! Please Jack! Don't leave me!" He said, sobbing for the first time since his dads death.

Jack opened his eyes and whispered "I love you Alex. It's not that bad. I'm going to be strong like you. It's really not bad here." He met Alex's eyes for a few seconds.

Alex's cinnamon eyes with Jacks chocolate ones until Jacks eyes lost something and stayed frozen.

Alex started to cry, not caring anymore. Jack had sacrificed his life for him, for the money he knew was important to Alex. Alex stayed there in the abandoned park, next to Jacks body, crying.

He was gone. Gone forever. Never coming back. He caressed Jacks black hair, closed his eyes gently. Gone. Because of him.

At that moment Alex decided he'd make a future for himself, for Jack. Jack always hated the way he gave up on life, on his future.

He would do it for Jack. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this turned out sadder than I expected. Sorry Jack. I was wondering do you think I should give each oneshot a different name or stick to the days? Anyway comments are really welcome! See you guys tomorrow! Thanks for reading :D