‹ Prequel: Try to Live
Status: Go read Try to Live first!

Fallen into Place

Can't You See It's We Who Own The Night

Alice took a deep breath as she resurfaced. Andrew laughed and continued to splash her like his life depended on it. She tried to shield herself with her hands, but that didn't make any difference.

"Stop, stop!" She shouted and turned her back to him. "I surrender!" When the water stopped beating down on her, she turned around and saw Andrew loading up a squirt gun. A look of terror crossed her face as she swam over to the edge. "No!" She climbed out of their pool and sprinted to grab her towel.

Andrew sprayed it up in the air, letting the big drops flop down besides him. He smiled at her before swimming by the stairs and getting out as well. He wrapped her in a wet hug that got her towel soaking.

Andrew and Alice bought a house in the suburbs of Chicago. It was a really nice neighborhood and Patrick and Abby Sharp lived by them too. It was a pretty big house for the two of them, but Alice was hoping there would be more than just the two of them someday.

Alice sat back down in one of the chairs and lathered on more sun screen. It was late August and the sun was still strong. Andrew put some on her back and then on himself. It was the beginning of training camp and a lot of the guys were in Chicago. They came over to their house to swim and have a bonfire almost every night since they arrived. Tonight it was going to be no different, except Patrick Kane was now in town and things were going to get crazier.

They heard their doorbell ring and Alice nodded her head, being to lazy to get up. She didn't hear anyone walk in, so she was thankful it wasn't a loud guy. She wanted a little peace and quiet. Alice looked behind her and saw Marcus Kruger walking behind Andrew as the two talked. Andrew sat on the one chair and Marcus on the one next to him. He smiled at Alice and stood back up so she could hug him. It was the first time they've seen each other since the end of the season.

"Marcus!" She squealed and hugged him as tight as she could. He was one of her favorites on the 'Hawks. Marcus was always so sweet and nice, and he was also a soft talker so that was quite a change. "Where's Nia?"

"Of course you'd ask about her." Both he and Andrew rolled their eyes. Alice loved Nia, even though she'd only met her a couple times. They were both crazy though. "She's at the apartment, unpacking everything. She'll be here later tonight though."

Alice cheered and went back into the house to prepare everything. She set out chips, salsa, cheetos, and fruit in bowls for everyone. This was the fifth night in a row they were having people over, so instead of putting drinks in a cooler it was just kept in the fridge. After putting out the food, she made her way up to her room to put on some clothes. She wasn't planning on going swimming until later tonight since she just went swimming.

When Alice went back outside, she saw that Brandon Saad and Brandon Bollig arrived. Bollig sprinted over to Alice and lifted her off her feet, shouting. "I love you Alice! I missed you!" Andrew walked up and tore Brandon away from his girlfriend. He made a face at him before slinging an arm around her shoulders. He kissed her square on the lips, making Brandon laugh and put his hands in front of him. "Hey man, I'm not trying to steal your girl."

"Good cause you'll never have her!" He ran towards Brandon and tackled him into the water.

Alice shook her head and looked towards the other Brandon, giving him a hug as well. Luckily he didn't act like an idiot, so he didn't get pushed into the pool. Andrew continued to flop on Brandon in attemps to get him under the water, but he's way bigger than him.

Soon guys and their girlfriend or wife started arriving. Some of them brining their own treat to thank Alice and Andrew for hosting another get together. Alice knew the house was going to be a hit, but she didn't think the guys would be obsessed with it. When Abby Sharp arrived she helped Alice make the tacos. Maddy joined along by sprinkling the lettuce and cheese on them. Nia came by just as they were eating tacos, and Alice almost flipped over the whole table and umbrella.

Patrick Kane wasted no time bringing out the booze. He said it was one of the last times he could drink a lot until the start of the season. Jonathan Toews even agreed to it as he downed his second beer. All the guys were now swimming and the ladies were sitting around a fire, making s'mores. They chatted and giggled as they told silly stories of their summers. Alice was attached at the hip with Nia the entire night, and Maddy was attached to Alice. Her head was starting to droop onto Alice's shoulder as she munched on the gooey treat.

Abby got up from her seat, taking Maddy in her arms. "Patrick!" She called as she headed up to the porch. "We're going home, Madelyn's tired." Patrick emerged from the water, grabbing a towel and thanking Alice and Andrew before leaving.

Andrew walked over to the girls, soaking wet, and sat down by Alice. He stole the half eaten s'more out of her hand and at it in one bite. All the girls made faces and shouted at him to get out.

"Thanks, I was hungry, babe." He kissed her and stood back up, sprinting to the edge of the pool where he dove in.

Alice wiped the sides of her mouth and tried to scrub off the marshmallow. The WAGS didn't mind any of these get togethers. Their boyfriends enjoyed spending time with their teammates, and they enjoyed gossiping about the latest celebrity news. There was definitely groups as to who hung out with who. Alice talked to Nia, Lindsey, both Amandas, Abby, Elina, and occasionally Brent Seabrook's wife. It's not that she didn't get along with the others, but she was just closer to different people. And it didn't seem that they minded.

Music started to play, which confused the hell out of Alice, but she didn't care as she grabbed Nia and Lindsey and started dancing in the grass. Soon everyone began joining in, and Patrick Kane and Jonathan showed off their dance moves as they danced and jumped off the diving board. Andrew wrapped his arms around Alice's waist as they swayed to the music.

Moving to an actual house with their own space was one of the best ideas Andrew ever had. It was perfect to them, and there was no where else in the world they would rather be living in. Not even in a giant mansion on a island. They loved it here.

Her arms rested around his neck and she nuzzled her face into his bare chest. Andrew sang softly the music into her hair. He looked up and saw the other couples doing the exact same thing. Andrew smirked at Patrick, trying to hold in his laughter as Pat grabbed Amanda's ass, making her jump. He slightly nodded, telling Andrew to do it, but Andrew shook his head and buried his face in her neck, kissing the skin.

This was a perfect end to a perfect day.

--


"So a little bird told me you're pregnant again."

Abby giggled from across Alice. She knew Patrick was destined to tell someone about the news. "Yeah it's going to be another girl." She patted her stomach lightly. "Patrick really wants a boy, and trust me, we'll keep having kids till he gets one."

"Well I'll take one!" Alice joked as she took a sip of her water. The two had just worked out and now they were at Panera Bread eating back the calories.

"Andrew doesn't want kids?"

Alice shrugged avoiding her gaze. "Well, I mean, we're not married or anything, so I think we're both going to wait, but he's never really brought it up." She took a bite of her spicy turkey sandwhich before adding, "I at least hope he wants kids someday."

Once the two were both done eating they parted their ways, but not before making a date for Alice to babysit again. Alice took out her phone when she was in her car and saw she gotten a text from Bella. She honestly hadn't talked to her since they found out Viktor signed with someone else, and she needed comforting. With Alice quiting her job to go to school full time instead, she hadn't seen her in ages.

From: Bella

Do I have news for you. Come over to my place. And hurry.


Alice knew something serious was going on if Bella was actually using proper grammer and punctuation in a text. She sped over to Bella's apartment building and hopped in the elevator. Before she even knocked on the door, it flew open and Bella pulled Alice in.

"Spill."

Bella took a deep breath and pulled Alice to her couch. When they sat down she started speaking. "Okay, you know how Viktor signed with Nashville?" She waited until Alice nodded. "Well... he asked if I wanted to move there to be with him."

"Shut up!" Alice jumped up. She didn't know really how to respond. Bella was one of her best friends and now she was going to leave. "So um... are you?"

Bella sighed, running a hand through her hair. "That's the thing. I don't know what to do. Viktor and I have only been together for a couple months, and he wants me to leave the city I grew up in."

Alice sat back down and rubbed Bella's back. "If something ever happens in Nashville, you can always come back home." Bella grunted and rested her head on the palm of her hand. "But I doubt anything would."

Bella shrugged. "You won't hate me if I leave?"

"Never. It'll just make me love you more."

The two girls hugged before Alice left to go back home. Andrew finally had practice today, so luckily he was busy and not bugging Alice. She dropped her purse on the kitchen island and turned to grab a Coke out of the fridge. She settled on the couch and turned on the tv, propping her feet on the coffee table as she relaxed.

Andrew ran into the house, literally ran through the door, and looked for Alice. She cocked an eyebrow at him as he tackled her on the couch. He sighed happily and they both sat up.

"I'm just glad the season has started."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have big plans for this sequel!! Comments are great and always make my day. Please tell me how you thought the first chapter was. :)

And, Alice might seem like a bitch in the beginning of this story, but you'll understand later on haha!