‹ Prequel: Try to Live
Status: Go read Try to Live first!

Fallen into Place

Something To Get Off My Chest

Alice squeezed into the black fabric of the tight ninja costume, ready for the party. She moved her hand across her stomach, wishing she could just suck in to not look as big. But she couldn't, and that only ment one thing.

Andrew came up behind her, scaring her half to death. He grabbed her shoulders and placed a little kiss on the back of her neck.

"Lookin' sexy, my partner in crime."

She laughed and turned to face him, placing her small hands on his broad chest. After she placed a kiss on his expected lips she asked, "ready to go?"

The party was in full swing when the arrived. Alcoholic drinks were being passed around for the adults and fruit punch and other fruity drinks were for the kids. Everyone smiled, saying their hellos at the couple as they passed by and headed to a table to get themselves something to drink. On one of the tables pressed up against the wall were bowls of fruit punch, decorated with patterns of eyes, bats, and the pumpkin. Behind most of that was the beer. On the other table was candy and other spooky treats. The candy bowl was hooked up with a motion sensor hand so everytime someone would reach in, it was flop down and touch their hand.

"Hey there hot stuff." Alice turned around from trying to pick one of the cake pops laying out. A smiled stretched across her face and she bit her tongue to keep from laughing. Nia was wearing the wonder woman costume and behind her she could see Marcus wearing the superman one. "Did you just get here?"

"Yes, I'm guessing you were on the dance floor?"

Nia walked by her side and picked up a pumpkin design cake pop. "Can't pass up dancing to Thriller."

Alice shrugged. "True," she said and took a cookie that looked like a ghost. "But it will probably be played a thousand times tonight."

--


Andrew had gone off to talk with some of the guys and pile in as many treats as he could, because this was basically the only time of the year -besides Christmas- that he could eat sweets. Still, Coach Q would walk by all smiles, but giving a quick warning about how that'll effect practice and upcoming games for a while.

As Alice stood off to the side, in a little conversation with Amanda Bickell, she couldn't help but steal glances towards Andrew. She could see him doing the exact same though, so when the time was right she excused herself and walked up to Andrew. He was smiling and without a word slipped an arm behind her waist and guided her to a table in the corner.

"So how is your evening?"

Alice giggled when he kissed her hand from across the table. "It's great, how's yours?" She mused and rested her head on her hand.

"Mine's great too. And I'll have you know that everyone's complimenting our costumes."

"Good," she said then yawned. She was really tired.

"Do you want to go back? Cause we can leave."

"No, Nia and Marcus are leaving in, like, ten minutes. They said I can get a ride from them. You should stay here, anyways, you are part of the team."

Andrew looked at her carefully. "You sure?" She nodded and he smiled. "Okay make sure you tell me when you go. Love you."

--


When Andrew walked back in the house, around eleven, he was only slightly tipsy and could make out the voice upstairs as Alice. She was obviously on the phone, or she was just going crazy. Andrew crept up the stairs quietly, listening intently on the conversations, seeing if it was maybe Alice telling his mother what she was getting him for Christmas.

Alice laughed and shook her head, her back still turned to him as she faced the window. "No! Why do you keep asking me that?"

On the other side of the phone Lindsey giggled. "I just want to make sure you're not hiding anything from me!"

"Trust me, you'd be the first one to know if he proposed. Which probably won't be a while," she sighed with a shrug of her shoulders. "He's clueless."

Andrew furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion. Clueless? How the hell am I clueless? His reaction was to storm in there and ask what he exactly didn't know, but he didn't want to yell. Yet. So, he quickly ran back down the steps -as soundlessly as he could- and opened the front door and closed it loudly.

"I'm home!" He called, which he immediately regretted because he knew if he actually just arrived home, he would make sure Alice was still awake.

A few seconds later Alice came out of their room and smiled. "How was it?" She asked and walked down the steps. "Who was still there?"

Andrew shrugged and walked over to the couch. "Alright," he responded dryly. "A few of the guys were still there when I left, but most went home."

She nodded and fell back on the couch beside him as he flipped through channels. They sat in silence as they watched Captain America. Alice almost started to fall asleep until Andrew spoke again.

"So who were you talking to on the phone?"

"Huh?" Alice sat up straighter and rubbed her eyes.

Andrew laughed bitterly and shook his head. "I heard you, Alice. You think I'm clueless? What is that even about?"

She opened her mouth to respond, but couldn't before Andrew started again.

"I don't get. Why are you always pushing to the next level with me? What do you have to tell me, huh? Why are you obsessed with getting married?"

That drew the line. He was calling her out again, and she got even madder than last time. Last time, it was understandable, but now she was an emotional wreck with these hormones. "Do you want to know why?" She screamed, getting up from her seat.

Andrew stared at her, screaming back that he did want to know why. Alice would have laughed if it were another situation because of what she was going to confess.

"Because I'm pregnant, you jackass!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooooow. Long time no... post, yeah? I'm sooooooo sorry about that drought! I was actually meaning to post this BEFORE Halloween. Hopefully updates will flow now!

What do you think about that confession? How do you think Andrew will react?
Thanks for sticking with me!