‹ Prequel: Try to Live
Status: Go read Try to Live first!

Fallen into Place

All The Colors Came Out

Andrew sat back, having to actually think about if what she said was real. When he did register he had to take a couple moments to exactly get his thoughts together. It was complete silence for minutes.

A smile stretched across his face. "Are you serious?"

"Yes..."

Andrew sprang up from his spot and engulfed Alice in a giant hug. Even if it was a surprise, and he really did not plan on having children for a while, it was one of the best things he's ever heard. Just knowing that a baby, his baby, was growing inside Alice, it just made him ecstatic. "This is amazing," he whispered and pulled back to look at Alice's stomach.

"I haven't gone to the doctor or anything yet so, I mean, there's a possibility..."

"We're going. I'm making an appointment right now." Andrew reached to the coffee table to grab his phone and began looking up numbers.

"Andrew, it's midnight!"

"So?"

"So," she started, snatching up his phone in the process. "You're going to wait till morning."

"But," he pouted and tried to get his phone back. "This is so amazing, I can't even." He honestly sounded like a teenage girl and Alice just wanted to laugh out loud at him. She was happy as well though, knowing that everything would be okay.

--


Dr. Williams entered the room again with a smile and her face. She placed her pen back in her bun on top of her head before letting out a little squeal. They could see why Patrick and Abby Sharp like her so much. She was always so happy.

"Well, it's official!"

Everyone shared a brief moment of happiness with hugging before she spoke again.

"You're thirteen weeks, so if you guys would like to know the sex, we can do it today."

"We don't want to know," Alice replied fastly, glancing over at Andrew. He gave her a confused expression, opened his mouth to comment on it. She quickly mouthed 'no', giving him a sharp look that meant she was serious about this and if Andrew were to protest he'd get his head ripped off.

"Well okay! Come back in a month for a checkup unless anything wrong happens." Before they left the doctor explained any symptoms she could have, and what she needed to do to keep both herself and the baby as healthy as they could be.

Andrew made sure to text Patrick Kane and Brandon Bollig about the pregnancy, knowing those two would get it spread around quickly. Within minutes, both phones blew up with texts. Andrew's was from his teammates, exclaiming about how happy they were and congratulating him and Alice. Alice's texts were from most of the WAGS saying congrats and ideas of baby showers.

When they got back home Andrew wrapped an arm delicately around her shoulder and guided her to the couch. He grabbed pillows for her head and also feet.

"Do you need anything to eat or drink?"

"Um..."

"I'll make you something, but for now just relax."

Alice flung her feet off the couch and stood up. "I'm not dying, let me cook dinner. Plus, you have to be on a plane to Winnipeg in four hours," she stated and made her way into the kitchen.

"You're suppose to be taking it easy," Andrew said and gently pulled her back. "Doctor's orders."

Alice sighed and rolled her eyes. "How can I take it easy when your on a road trip? Exactly, let me make dinner."

"Fine," Andrew caved. He always would cave when it came to his girl, and if they ended up having a daughter, she would be extremely spoiled.

The next morning Abby Sharp came over so they could go out for coffee together. Abby just had her second child, Ellen, who was bundled up in many blankets to keep the cold November chill out. They went to a casual cafe that had delicious cookies, which Maddy had eaten two already.

"So how do you make it with two kids by yourself? I'm getting the chills just thinking about it," Alice laughed.

Abby shrugged her shoulders and smiled as she held Ellen close to her body. "Patrick's or my mother comes and helps me out if he goes on a long road trip. You don't have to worry, really, it's not as bad as you think," she stated then added, "plus, you can always call me. I'd be happy to help."

Alice was thankful to have a little stress off her shoulders. Even before she found out she was pregnant she worried about having to take care of a baby by herself.

--


"Yeah, good job Leds!" Alice cheered from the seat on her couch right after Nick Leddy took a slapper from the point. It flew easily by the players and just as easily past the goaltender. "That's your daddy's best friend right there," Alice mused and rubbed her stomach, smiling down at it. She couldn't wait till the baby would start moving where she could actually feel. That was her favorite part about when people were pregnant; being able to feel like baby kick.

When she was younger it absolutely terrified her of thinking something was inside someone, moving and just living inside someone. She couldn't quite grasp the concept, which was a good thing considering she was seven. Then when she got older and figured how it happens and where the baby comes out. Now that disgusted her to no end. Here she was, 21, and was going to give birth in about six months.

Alice watched the rest of the game, happy when the outcome was 5-1 in favor of the Blackhawks. After, she changed out of her jersey and into a t-shirt, already wearing sweatpants, she climbed straight into bed and began to doze off. In the state between awake and asleep, she faintly heard a ringing noise in her ear. She groaned, not attempting to move. It was eleven and she was tired. Stitch, her expensive cat, jumped on the bed, meowing at Alice to probably pick up her phone so he could go back to sleep.

She sat up with a grunt, reaching on the table. After letting her eyes adjust to the bright light of the phone, she saw there was two missed calls from Andrew and another incoming one. Rolling her eyes, she answered.

"What?" She said in a rather bitchy way. But waking her up was not a nice thing to do.

Silence. "Were you awake?"

"Yes," Alice said sarcastically. "I'm actually throwing a party right now as we speak. Keep it down guys, it's my boyfriend!"

"Sorry. I wanted to check up on you. Did you watch the game?" Andrew asked quietly.

"Yes, and you played great now can I go to bed?"

Andrew chuckled, nodding his head. "Be home early tomorrow morning. Love you."

Alice repeated the last two words and quickly fell back to sleep.

--


Andrew and the team got back to Chicago around five, and after a couple hours asleep they were being called in to watch review tapes of the game the night before. Alice was just waking up by the time Andrew came home. He told her that he was going to be taking her out for breakfast.

They went out to a nice breakfast together, Andrew making sure he got something healthy, especially since there was a game that night again. When they pulled up to their house, Alice jumped out to grab the mail and as she flipped quickly through the envelopes, she gasped at one particular and rushed back to the car.

"Oh my god!" She screamed, waving the paper around crazily, not giving Andrew a chance to look at it clearly. Alice continued talking, but to fast that she couldn't even understand herself. She kept talking like that all the way into the house. Andrew placed his hand gently on her shoulders and tried to calm her down the best he could. "Jessie and Collin are engaged!"

"What?" Andrew screamed, now understanding why she had freaked out so much. Collin was Andrew's best friend when they were kids, and Jessie was Alice's best friend.

"I can't believe this! I didn't even know they were back together!" Alice kept talking about it, asking questions like where it would be, what the color theme would be, who were the bridesmaids, basically all questions Andrew couldn't answer. "I didn't even know they were together, Andrew! I'm a horrible friend!" She sighed and buried her hands, mumbling to herself.

"Oh no," Andrew started and pulled her hands away from her face. "We are not going to get all emotional and hormonal. We should be celebrating! How 'bout you call Jess?"

"Okay, I will." Alice agreed to it and walked out of the kitchen to call Jessie.

She really needed to learn how to hold a grip on her emotions now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a serious question I nees to ask you readers.
Should I skip through the pregnancy, like every couple months in the story there'd be an update about it? Or should I write basically the whole pregnancy? I just am not really sure about what happens during it, so I would have a hard time writing it.

Thanks for reading!