‹ Prequel: Try to Live
Status: Go read Try to Live first!

Fallen into Place

In The City That We Love

"Almost ready?" Andrew popped his head in the bedroom, seeing Alice glance around to make sure she didn't forget to pack anything. She smiled, snatching up the sunglasses and walking out of the room.

"Now I am."

"Good," he pushed out a breath and locked the house door behind him.

It was the Olympics, or it's starting in a few days, so as Alice and Amanda planned earlier they were going to Hawaii for a week and a half. First they were going to visit Andrew's family for about a week. They were leaving to Hawaii straight from Belleville, so having to pack for the warm and cold was a little bit of a hassle for a very pregnant Alice.

She was definitely showing, and people would have never guessed she didn't know she was pregnant earlier on. Alice was not going to enjoy any of the flights, no matter where they were going.

Hours later, they were pulling up to Andrew's childhood home in a taxi. They insisted that his parents wouldn't drive in the middle of night on the slippery Canadian streets. Alice was greeted with a rush of warm air, and the smell of apple pie. Darlene suddenly appeared gasping and pulling Alice in a hug.

"When you two called me, I just couldn't believe it! Little Alice and Andrew having their own little one?"

Alice laughed with her and continued to breath in the delicious scent. Andrew came up from behind, carrying all the bags but threw them down to hug his mother. Darlene ushered them to the kitchen, making them both sit down as she cut pieces of pie. Doug, his father, walked into the kitchen.

"I don't know why I'm happier; because Alice is here or because I can finally eat this pie," he laughed loudly before taking a seat next to Alice.

"Hey!" Andrew protested at the joke.

"Oh honey don't make jokes like that, you know how sensitive Andrew is."

Alice snorted but it quickly bubbled into giggles that couldn't stop. Andrew sighed dramatically, knowing he was going to have to put up with this for a week.

"So," Andrew started to change the topic, but him mom decided to pick on him this time.

"I hate when you start sentences with 'so'. Start it like a normal person."

"Mom."

"I'm just saying! I know hockey players might not be the smartest people out there, but I raised you better than to start sentences incorrect."

"Mom!"

Alice was laughing so hard, she started to choke on the bite of pie and had to chug a glass of water down so she could breath again.

"Okay," Darlene said and held up her hands, as if to say she was done. "We can't have Alice choke and die over here."

--


Alice slapped his hand away for the hundredth time before continuing to bend and use her arm muscles to tighten the skate laces. He sighed, but chuckled a minute later as Alice once again groaned in frustration. Andrew finally sat down in front of her, placing the foot so he could tie it.

After he was done, he helped her up and stood in front of her. "Okay get on my back."

"Why?" Alice asked with her hands on her hips, staring pointedly at him.

"Because I don't trust you walking by yourself in the skates, we only have one pair of guards and I'm not letting you ruin the blades."

"Well."

Andrew finally picked her up and threw her over his shoulder after she wouldn't budge, saying that she was just fine walking herself and using the skate guards. She started laughing nonetheless, probably thinking about how ridiculous they looked to the neighbors as he carried her to the little rink in the back. He was determined that she knew how to skate by the end of his season.

"If I fall I will kill you," Alice declared as her feet were placed firmly on the ice; she didn't move an inch.

"You won't fall!" Andrew sang as he started to skate circles around her, literally skating in a circle.

"I will fall through this ice if you keep skating in a damn circle!" Alice screeched and held her head, waiting for her doom. "Okay just teach me how to skate so I can get this over with."

Andrew took her hands, gently pulling her along. She started screaming like she was getting killed, but Andrew silenced her with small kisses. He continued to pull her around until Alice actually started to move her legs and feet along with him.

"I'm cold, can we go inside?" Alice asked after a while. She had made good progress and a number of times Andrew insisted that if he let go she'd be able to skate on her own. Alice didn't want to risk falling, though.

--


Alice sighed, closing her eyes and expanding her arms out to her side. She then decided to take off the heavy jacket that was making her sweat. Andrew pulled off his sweatshirt and looked around at all the exotic plants. He smiled, pulling Alice to his side as they began walking and looking for where Amanda and Bryan would be. They already had been there for a couple days.

"Hey girl!" Amanda smiled to Alice when she climbed in the back seat. Andrew and Bryan loaded the car up. "How have you been? It is so beautiful here, you'll love the sunsets."

Alice told her about visiting Belleville and learning how to skate. Andrew and Bryan came back, Andrew sitting in the back with Alice. He threw an arm around her shoulders moving them closer despite the seatbelts that were restricting them to do so.

"I've planned a romantic dinner tonight for just the two of us, how does that sound?" He whispered in her ear.

She turned to face him. "But what about Bryan and Amanda?"

"They're going on their own dinner. Don't worry about them." He smiled and placed a firm kiss on her lips. "You're going to love what I have planned."

"Everyone says I'm going to love it here, and they have yet to be proven wrong."

They arrived at the hotel and unpacked all their clothes. Andrew was one who, even if it was just for a night, liked to unpack or at least set out his clothes. That surprised a lot of people, including him teammates who chirped him on an average basis.

"Our reservations are at six, so if I were you I'd start getting ready," Andrew said as he flopped down on the bed and began flipping through the TV channels.

"Are you saying I take a long time to get dressed?" He gave her a look and she sighed in defeat. "Okay."

Alice showered, slipped on her dark blue dress, applied some make up, and she was ready to go. She didn't need all that time.

"Hurry up! We're going to be late!" Andrew was quickly pulling his shoes on and shoving his wallet and phone into his pocket of his dress pants. He grabbed her hand and pulled her out, almost dislocating her arm when she tried to but on her sandals.

After their hectic drive to the restaurant, they were now sitted at a table on the deck, facing the beautiful ocean. The waves rolled onto shore, getting little kids' feet wet and they squealed to run back. The sun was setting, pink, orange, and purple swarmed the sky overhead.

"You look beautiful," Andrew said as he grabbed her hand, rubbing his thumb softly over the back of her hand.

No matter how many times he would say that to her, she'd blush everytime. "Thanks babe."

She didn't feel too beautiful in her tight dress though. It seemed like everyone stared at her when she would walk by them. Since she has gotten bigger, sweats were the way to go. The piece of clothing she would wear besides sweatshirts and sweatpants was Andrew's jersey. That'd be about it.

"So how is your online class going?" Andrew asked after looking through the menus.

A little while after her class started, she realized that she did not have the time to sit in classes for hours everyday. Luckily she was able to switch over to the online class they were also offering. "Good. The year's almost over."

They ordered and their food soon came, silencing conversation for awhile. After dinner Andrew led them off the deck and into the hot sand. He walked over to where a blanket and wine were laying in the sand.

"Whoa how'd you do this?" Alice sat down, stretching out her legs so she could still feel the soft white sand between her toes.

"Bryan set this while we were eating. I'm surprised you didn't see him."

Alice kissed him and leaned into him. "This is perfect. Absolutely perfect."

Andrew wrapped an arm around her shoulders, and placed the other hand on her stomach. He could feel the baby move around and smiled.

Alice sighed, loving the way he cared about her like this. She rested her head on his shoulder and watched the sunset and waves.

She was really loving it here.
♠ ♠ ♠
I gave a few hints about what will happen in the future, can you figure them out?

I didn't respond to everyone who commented on the last chapter but a big thank you to those who did! Thanks to all my readers!