‹ Prequel: Try to Live
Status: Go read Try to Live first!

Fallen into Place

Give Me Hope In The Darkness

"Okay Linds, what did you-" Alice started but abruptly stopped herself as she looked fully at the woman standing in front of her. "Holy shit! That's a beautiful rock, girl!"

Lindsey giggled like a school girl and bounced around before finally showing her left ring finger to Alice. "He asked me last night, before he left for the airport."

"Oh my god," Alice gushed and walked inside Lindsey and Jon's house together. "This is fucking amazing, you know that right? When's the wedding going to be? Where is it going to be?"

Alice was silenced by Lindsey's laughter. "Settle down. He just asked me last night, I haven't really been thinking about that." She shrugged playing with the new engagement ring on her finger. "I'm hoping either a beach wedding on a lake, or going traditional at a church."

"Either way it will be beautiful," Alice stated and brought Lindsey in for a hug. Her best friends were getting married to each other. She couldn't be happier. But of course, there was a pang of jealousy, not that she was getting married to Jon, but because she was just getting married in general. Alice pushed all those negative feelings to the side and concentrated on the glowing woman in front of her. "Do any of the others know?"

"Nope, you're the first one. Except my family of course." She smiled and tucked a blonde piece of hair behind her ear before getting serious. Lindsey placed her hands on Alice's shoulders. "Now onto you. I can tell somethings up, what happened?"

Alice sighed and looked away. She thought she was doing a good job at masking her sour feeling, and especially with the engagement, but apparently Lindsey could not be fooled. "Andrew and I got in a fight. He called me needing answers? I'm not sure, but he said that basically all I care about is getting married, but I don't. I mean, okay I do want to. But that's not all I care or think about."

Lindsey nodded and rubbed Alice's back soothingly. "Well I will tell you something I am not going to tell anyone else because I am too ashamed," she started. "Jon snapped at me for being a bitch, and then the next day he asked me to marry him."

Alice started giggling, but covered her mouth with her hand. She grabbed the remote and turned the game on. "I'm sorry but that's kind of funny." Alice's smile turned into a frown. "I don't think Andrew will propose to me when he gets back."

"You never know." Lindsey shrugged at her.

--


Alice quickly smoothed out her black shirt and stood at the entry way of the kitchen as Andrew walked through the door. He stopped taking off his jacket, smelling the food that was cooked. He saw Alice standing there, looking beautiful, and quickly shrugged the jacket off and hung it up. They sat across from each other as they ate. Lasagna is what Alice had prepared for the dinner. She wanted to make him a special dinner for when he returned home.

"I'm sorry," Alice was the first one to apologize. "I shouldn't have yelled and freaked out. And that is why I made one of your favorites."

Andrew smiled but shook his head. "No, I should be the one apologizing. It was stupid of me to make hunches that aren't probably true." Andrew stood up and jogged out of the room. He came back in with something in his pocket. "Which is why I got you this," he said as he brought out a small black velvet box.

Alice let out a gasp as it became hard to breath. "Lindsey was right," she whispered in her hands when they clasped over her mouth.

He opened the box, and there sat a diamond... necklace. "I thought you'd like it," he explained and stepped forward to show it to her. "Aw," he laughed and smiled as he saw the tears in Alice's eyes. He pulled her in for a hug.

Alice didn't know exactly what to think. She thought he was going to pop the question, but instead he gave her a necklace. She wasn't complaining about what he got her though; it was absolutely stunning. She turned around and moved her hair to one side, allowing him to put the piece of jewelry on her. "I love you," Alice said softly to him before turning around and wrapping her arms around his neck.

He smiled softly into her neck as he gave her little kisses. "I love you too."

They sat back down, continuing their meal. Alice's hand never left the necklace though, she loved it. After, they went up stairs to their room. While Alice was in the bathroom, Andrew dug through his dresser, in the way back and under all his socks and underwear. He sighed, finally feeling it and pulling it out. He looked down at the black box, flipping it open so the ring showed. Staring at the ring, he clenched his jaw as he thought about when to actually give it to Alice. Alice walked back into the room, making him snap the box shut and stuff it back under the clothes. She looked at him oddly and he climbed in bed and to her.

"What was that all about?" She asked as she placed a hand on the back of his neck.

"Nothing," Andrew responded as he brought his lips down to hers for a passionate kiss. "Nothing you need to worry about, my love."

--


Alice sighed and shook her head, buring her face in the couch pillow. She kicked her feet in the air like an immature child throwing a tantrum. Alice's sister, Alyssa, and her husband, Brad, were coming into town for a couple days and of course they were staying at Alice and Andrew's place. Alice loved her sister with all her heart, but Alyssa married a very successful business man, and her being a lawyer, they basically thought they were the shit. Alyssa always had to brag about her life and would look down at Alice for being with a hockey player.

Alyssa and Brad were due to arrive in two hours, and Andrew was going to be getting back from a four day road trip the next day. Meaning Alice was going to have to be alone with the two.

The house was basically spotless and sparkling. Like what was on those cleaning commercials. Alice had to show that she and Andrew were just as successful and, well, rich as them. Because money was one thing Alyssa always bragged about. "Oh we went to Hawaii and the Caribbeans this summer, and we're going to Australia next year."

Alice didn't even get how they could go on vacation for two months out of the year when they both had to work full time the rest of the year. But, that was their life and she tried not to get to involved in it.

The door rung, causing Alice to bolt out of her room and rush down the stairs. Sliding across the floor, she looked and made sure the house was in perfect condition. She had to clutch the door handle and wall beside to steady herself from all the sliding. Taking a deep breath, she swung open the door and saw Alyssa standing there in a black pencil skirt, heels and a white see through top. Brad was wearing dark grey dress pants and a white shirt as well, except it wasn't see through. They didn't look like they had just gotten off a three hour flight from Boston. Alice stepped aside, gesturing for them to come in. She grabbed the bags Alyssa had abandoned at the door and drug them in. She felt like she was Cinderella and Alyssa was the wicked stepmom.

Alyssa looked around, observing the rather large house. "Well baby sister," she started, and Alice hated being called baby sister. Even though she was six years younger than Alyssa, it bugged her to no end. "I like the house. You said that Andrew picked it out right? I'm surprised he could actually have style with all the blows to his head."

Alice rolled her eyes and set the bags in front of Alyssa. "Glad to have you back, Lys." She started walking to the kitchen. "Turn left and your room is at the end. Bathroom is right next to it," Alice called before entering the kitchen to prepare for dinner.

Since they were there on business related things, they would be spending the days doing their job, and away from Alice. Which she was thankful for, but they would still be staying there. Alice hoped that they would maybe go out for dinner or just do something together, but they most likely wouldn't. Even though they were married, they really didn't act like it. Alice still had suspicions that the only reason they got together was for some day to rule the world.

Alyssa and Brad came downstairs when the meal was ready. It was silent for most of the dinner, except when Brad would compliment Alice on her cooking skills. Alice always liked Brad though. He was polite, and when he wasn't around Alyssa he was actually quite funny. He also had that sexy business man look about him that made Alice have a crush on him when they first met. But now Alice just finds him as Alyssa's husband.

"So where is Andrew?" Alyssa asked halfway through with a smirk on her face.

"He's on a roadtrip, to Florida. Should be back tomorrow morning, actually," Alice responded with a shrug. Alyssa always gave Alice shit about 'not seeing' Andrew enough, but she never actually saw Brad. "Excited about meeting him, Brad?"

Brad grew up in a town near Boston, so he was a Bruins fan. Even though he didn't really pay attention to hockey, he still called himself a Bruins fan because he was from there. He chuckled and wiped his mouth with a napkin. "I don't know, it's still a little sore."

Alice giggled and shook her head. "I'll make him not bring it up."
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't believe what I did, but I started writing a Toews fanfic. That story will not be up anytime soon, but when I do post it, will you guys read it?

And this is my last week that I'm not doing anything, so I'll be writing to get as many chapters as I can! School starts for me in two weeks and next week I have a hockey camp. (I get to meet Wild players asdfghjkl)

Thanks for all the positive feedback, I couldn't appreciate it any more.<3 5 comments and ill update either tomorrow or Wednesday?