Cry for the Moon

Prologue

Stitches pull together severed skin and the wound eventually heals, but a disfiguring scar is left behind. Scars don’t fade away no matter how much you may want them to. Unfortunately, life works in a similar way. When a human life is taken there is no getting that person back and in some way or another, pain is all that remains afterward. That pain is like a scar. It doesn’t fade and ultimately, it becomes a part of you. When you keep those things hidden in the dark, they slowly eat at you until you can’t take it anymore.

Forgiveness works the same exact way. You can forgive someone for something they’ve done, however the memories of what they did remain forever, like a scar. To forgive someone is to let go of whatever harm that, that person has caused you. Sometimes though, people can’t forgive one another. Even more so, forgiveness is not enough. Saying ‘I’m sorry’ just doesn’t cut it even though it seems like everything is fine. Occasionally, there are times when something more must be done. It is easy to tell these times from others but yet, there are some people who ignore this fact. Years can go by, but secretly, deep down, there’s a craving for the forgiveness of the person you hurt. Keeping this hidden is like keeping scars hidden, it eats at you until you cannot take it anymore.

It is when we have reached that point that we finally find a strength of sorts that allows us to reveal our scars, or to ask for forgiveness. When we reach that point, we finally allow ourselves to have such things as those that we need and want.


My pencil stopped and I read over what I’d just written. I wish I’d realized that sooner, I thought to myself. Letting out a sigh, I turned the page to a blank sheet of paper and began to write again.

I’d tried to play hero, I’d tried to protect us both, but he’d had other plans. He’d wanted to watch me suffer. He’d wanted payback, revenge, and he was going to have it one way or another. He’d also known I’d never tell either, and to him, that was the best part…
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a bit of an intro. It may seem unnecessary, but it is needed. :)