Status: Active, Updates twice a week

Angel Cafe

Chapter 1

Today was a particular day. Usually the cafe was dead and empty, but today there were so many people here I wasn't able to remember any faces like usual.

People were running from the pick up counter to the door. Everything seemed to have sped up today. Out of every day that the cafe has been open, today was probably the only day I've been able to make over $30 - $40 within half an hour.

I ran the cafe by myself most of the time, unless I got sick which almost never happened. My sister Anna would fill in for me pretty much every time. Sometimes she would come in after hours to help me clean up, we’d usually end up talking for hours. Since today was overwhelming, she rushed in to help. The only problem was… I could only afford to have one cash register.

We would alternate with who was handing out the orders and who was taking them. Sometimes she’d make me take the orders of people who she thought I would look good with, I haven’t been in a relationship since my Sophomore year in high school. I’m a college graduate now. I never paid much attention to the people Anna would “give" to me, whether it was because they weren't appealing or because there was some huge age gap. I just didn't like them.

While I was working on a large cappuccino to go, Anna threw her entire body at me.

"CAS!" The drink was safe, but it felt like my heart stopped. Her hands gripped my shoulders tighter then if an angel were dragging someone out of hell.

"God dammit Anna, how many times do I need to tell you not to do that?!" She smiled, flashing her teeth.

"A costumer has requested you." She giggled, her mouth next to my ear. I felt my face heat up, who requests someone to take their order? Her smile split her face in half.

I tried to sneak a look at who she was talking about. The line had grown noticeably shorter from the last time I looked. The cafe was still packed though, almost every table had two or more people there speaking to each other with joy on their faces.

The man standing there was watching Anna and I. He looked like he could have been a model. I would be surprised if he wasn't. His eyes were the first thing I noticed besides his smile. His eyes were kind of like Rapunzel’s from Tangled. The little stubble on his face made him look sexier then I expected. His mouth cocked up a bit and I just knew he could tell I was checking him out.

My head shot back around and I could feel it heat up even worse then before. Technically Anna didn't give him to me, he wanted me, I think? Him requesting me sounded fancier though.

Anna hip-checked me out of the way, forcing me to tend to the man with princess eyes. She was faster at finishing orders then I was, so I figured it was better for her to be back there.

I shyly made my way in front of the register. His eyes were undressing me and peeling away every layer of skin on my body.

"Welcome to Angel Cafe, our special today is pumpkin pie. How can I help you?" The man smiled. My breath was out of me as if he punched me in the stomach with a hammer.

"I’ll have the special with whipper cream and a hot apple cider." His voice made me melt. I tried to avoid looking up while I punched the buttons in.

"Cash or credit?" I kept my eyes down. Without a word, he pulled out a credit card and slid it towards me. I went through the card swiping as if I practiced it daily. “Here or to go?" I finally looked up at him and I could make out every detail of his face. He had on a leather jacket with a red plaid button up shirt underneath which made him look older then he probably was.

"To go." I watched his eyes scan me from head to toe and without another word, he walked over to the pick up counter, waiting for Anna to give him his order.

I could feel my cheeks go red whenever I would try to sneak a peak at him, he was watching me while I stood there trying not to seem weird watching the people at tables socialize.

Within the blink of an eye, the man was out the door and gone. I forgot to ask him his name. Regret filled my chest, but I wasn't sure why. I didn't know him. To me, he was just another stranger who came to get some food, and then leave to the comfort of his home or maybe go back to work. I pushed him out of my head and forgot all about it.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

A few hours and the cafe was emptying. A person or two came up to get something on to go, but that was it. I watched everyone bundle up and leave.

Outside, all around the cafe were tall, colorful trees. Piles upon piles of orange, yellow, and red leaves were outside of every window. Fall was amazing. Perfect weather and the perfect time to wear hoodies without either sweating your balls off or freezing them off.

As things settled down, Anna and I began wiping down the counters and tables, cleaning out the blenders, and picking up extra things off of tables that people were to lazy to get themselves.

A middle aged looking women came in with a fussy five year old, buying him a chocolate chip cookie to shut him up quickly. Before ordering herself something and leaving. The cafe seemed to die after she left.

"So," Anna broke the silence around us. I wiped the ordering counter down quickly before turning around to look at her. She was just a few inches taller then me, but I always said it was because she always wore heels, and her hair was in a messy red bun on her head. She shoved her hand into her pocket and pulled out a small folded note, handing it to me without saying anything. She pretty much skipped away to the back door where we kept all the extra stuff in case we ran out, which also led to a private parking lot.

I looked down at my hands, the note folded perfectly. I wasn't scared, really. I was more nervous then anything. My biggest question though was, who was it from?

"OPEN IT, DAMMIT!" I jumped and saw Anna watching me from the window in the ‘workers only’ door. I shot her a scowl before slipping my thumb under one of the folds.

I looked up to see Anna had disappeared from the window, almost seconds after I realized that, a car engine started and I listened to it leave. There were only two cars in the parking lot, and I know mine hasn't moved.

I sucked in as much air as my chest could hold before forcing the perfectly folded paper open.

My eyes weren't working properly. All I was able to do was stare at it, it felt like I forgot how to read. I couldn't process anything it said until I realized who it was from.

The man with the green eyes.

Dean Winchester-
I’d like to get to know you more, Castiel.

Dean.

His name dance around my head for a while before I snapped back to reality.

All the note had was his name. No number, no address, no place to meet him at a certain time, no other way to communicate with him.

You could almost hear my heart shatter. I mean, I didn't know him yet but I might’ve lost the only guy I've been interested in for a long time. At least he knew where I worked, right?

I nodded to myself for reassurance before folding the paper back up perfectly and sliding it into my pocket to look at later, like once I got off of work.

I took a deep breath, keeping in my happiness, and finished cleaning up. Maybe tomorrow will be another busy day and I’ll get to see him again.

Dean Winchester…

-----------------------------------------------------

I wrapped myself up before leaving the cafe. Fall nights were like winter mornings. You nearly freeze to death but you love it.

My apartment wasn't very far so I walked every day. I walked passed I don’t even know how many closed shops. It wasn’t very late, but I was on the side of town where they closed early if they didn’t get many customers, which is the only reason I leave before six pm every night. Plus, walking home helped me save my money, not having to waste it all on gas every day for something not that far away.

The wind hit my eyes and made my trench-coat and scarf fling behind me. My eyes stung and began to water, but it calmed down when I was almost half way. I walked at a normal pace, listening to cars fly past, leaving bursts of wind and leaves in my direction.

Getting home was the hardest part. Once I got home I was free to do whatever I wanted. I could sleep or I could jack off to gay porn. I wasn’t sure yet but whatever it was, I know I’d like it.

I got to the apartment doors, pulling my keys out. Just before I stuffed them into the lock, I stopped and noticed something out of the corner of my eye.

My hands slowly fell as I turned my head to see what was so out of place. I skimmed the entire wall, the household names were also there.

But there was something different about them and I couldn’t put my finger on it.

Then I realized. There was a new name tag.

Winchester.

Right next fucking door.

It couldn’t be the same person as the man at the cafe, I would’ve noticed if someone moved it, right? I mean they might be just renting it but still. Winchester couldn’t be THAT uncommon of a name, right? I mean, that is a weapon company, wasn’t it?

I stared at the name tag, did he know who I was when he came down there? My last name wasn’t on my uniform and my household name was just my last name.

I finally realized I was standing outside in the freezing cold when I could be inside right now almost completely naked.

As I put the key in and went inside, the only thing that was going through my head was how this couldn’t be real, this shit only happened in crappy romance movies.

I pushed my keys into my apartment door, but I didn’t turn it. Instead I pushed my body against it and listened to whatever I could hear coming from the door that belonged to a ‘Winchester’. Obviously I couldn’t hear much, just small talk and babbling.

The door knob began to turn and I spazzed. I tried to turn the key but my hands got stupidly slippery. The door opened and I froze.

An extremely tall man with shoulder length brown hair walked out. He had a 5 o’ clock shadow and looked exhausted from where I could see him.

As he walked past me, we exchanged smiles and small nods. Then I watched him walk out to a ‘67 Chevy Impala, get in, and drive away. But he didn’t lock his front door. Either he didn’t have very expensive things, or he wasn’t alone.

Of course the second option got the best of me and I began to over think it. But I wasn’t going to stay to find out.

I almost slammed my door shut, terrified I’d end up seeing the other Winchester hiding in there, maybe he was getting his face caressed because that face was made my angels or something.

No Castiel, Shut up.

I walked over to my couch and dropped down onto my ass. The whole day spinning before me. It wasn’t that much though so why was my head making such a big deal about it?

I sunk into the seat and sighed deeply.

What the fuck am I going to do if the man from earlier lives next to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Angel Cafe does not belong to me, It belongs to a wonderful movie called eCupid which I recommend to everyone. That movie was were I got my idea and its wonderful.