Status: Active, Updates twice a week

Angel Cafe

Chapter 2

The only good thing about owning your own cafe is that you get to decide when it opens. The second I had that decision, I made it no earlier then 11 AM.

The morning sun danced on my stomach with the lines my blinds were allowing it to have. I re-closed my eyes. I needed to relax, especially since it was only 7:30 in the morning. Why the hell was I awake?

I rolled off my back onto my side so the sun was unseen. My body was only partially covered my a thin white sheet. The sun warmed me up,despite how cold it must've been outside.

My eyes hurt from lack of sleep the previous night, having only slept maybe four hours terrified that the Winchester he met was living next door to him. I didn't need an alarm, which made each day better, I woke up every day before nine out of habit.

My day got even better when I realized that it was Friday, and the cafe was closed on weekends.

I opened my eyes weakly, watching the white wall of my one bedroom apartment. I knew I couldn't stay in bed all morning, otherwise I probably wasn't going to get up. Maybe someone was actually going to come to the cafe today.

I smiled at my thought, knowing how unlikely that was. I closed my eyes, laying in bed for a few more minutes before pushing myself up. I swung my legs over the side of the bed, slouching worse then a teenage boy in a high school class room.

I forced myself to stand up and stretch, a yawn escaped my mouth and I dropped back onto my butt. I looked down at myself, my plain white shirt was tangled up around my torso.

I huffed and got up, wrapping my blue robe around myself and loosely tying it. The front of it wasn't closed all the way, who was going to see me at eight in the morning, I was careless early in the morning.

As I walked out of my room, my living room and kitchen were connected with large windows running around on each wall. The rooms were littered with warm light rays that would touch my bare feet every once-in-a-while while I moved to the kitchen to make coffee.

The process of making coffee was an every day thing for me now. It took a matter of seconds, not including the making OF the coffee.

I poured my cup about three-quarters of the way to the top before filling the rest of it to the brim with vanilla creamer. I raised to delicious smelling drink to my mouth, the only sound in my apartment was the soft sound of birds singing their soft melodies outside the window.

I swallowed enough to the point were it wont spill if I wasn't being careful. A loud BANG BANG BANG on my door made me jump almost as badly as Anna had when she gripped my shoulders. Thankfully the drink didn't spill when my arm twitched up quickly.

I made my way to the door in a slow stride, taking down more coffee as I walked. I opened the door, but no one was outside. I stepped out a little and my foot kicked a little box just outside my door.

"Oh..." I spoke to myself, bending over to grab the box.

"Oh, hello Castiel." The deep voice soared through my ears, my heart beat quickened, and I think I got a little hard. I bolted right up, my robe coming undone from the speed and my bacon covered boxers being exposed.

My face flushed bright red as I looked down at myself then back up at him. It was the guy from the cafe, Dean Winchester.

"Uh.. Hey, um, Dean." I stumbled over my words, making my face even hotter. He cocked his smile up a bit, his eyes showed some sort of form of happiness and that made me happy. "Um, I just got a knock and this box," I held it out a little before pulling it back to my chest. "I just woke up." My voice sounded a bit ashamed. Dean just laughed and watched me. I felt a smile creep back onto my face as I watched his face broke in half with a perfect smile.

He had a nice jawline and cheek bone height. Freckles littered his face and all the body I could see that his black suit wasn't covering. They stuck out more on his nice lightly tanned face. His teeth were almost perfectly white.

"Nice to know we're living next to each other now, maybe I can finally get to know you." He winked before walking past me. "I'll see you later Castiel, I've got to get to work." I watched his back as he walked out to that impala from the night before. His hand went up as a wave.

"Ok, bye." I replied more to myself then to him. I watched as he pulled out and left without another trace. If the car was here, then the tall man I saw must've been in his room right now. I turned to look at the door, staring at it for to long.

I blinked myself back to life before looking at the box and sighing, walking inside and closing my door behind me.

I was careful walking to the kitchen to set the box down, not wanting to spill the hardly drunk coffee that sat on top of it. I sent the box next to the sink, grabbing my cup and swallowing down a lot of coffee to get my desert dry mouth wet again.

I watched the box intensely, almost as if I expected it to get up and run away from me. There was no return address on it, just Castiel Novak written in large letters in what was probably sharpie.

I drank some more, contemplating what to do next. I set the mug down and stared at the box a little longer before grabbing a steak knife and stabbing the tape keeping it closed. I ran the knife between the flaps before forcing open the box.

I picked up the first thing I saw, a note. Sealed with a wax seal, how fancy. The seal had the letter W on it and the only thing I could about that started with a W was Winchester.

My throat choked me again and I took down whatever I had left of coffee before sticking my thumb under the flap an popping it open gracefully. I pulled the letter out of the envelope and read it slowly and carefully.

'Hello Castiel, as you probably know already, this is from Dean Winchester, your neighbor.' I knew it. That stupid half smile burned into my brain like a bad swear did to a 4 year old child. 'I told you I wanted to know you, I hope I run into you before I leave for work this morning to see you again, I get off work at eight-thirty tonight and I was hoping you were free tonight.' I felt a smile curl up onto my face, as I continued to read. 'If you are free, knock on my door, my brother will be out tonight, no need to be afraid.' My mouth opened to show my teeth as I smiled even more.

I put the letter down, looking into the box to see the other stuff in it. I pulled up a box, opening it to find chocolates with peanuts. He had to talk to Anna because no one knows how much I love little chocolates with peanuts on them. I popped one into my mouth and reached into the main box, the only thing left in there was a drawing of a British style tea cup with wings on each side and a halo above it. At the bottom, he signed it with a note. 'I noticed you don't have a logo for your cafe, I was hoping this would work.'

Angel Cafe with a coffee cup as an angel? Why I never thought of that, I don't know. I rested my hands on the counter and moved my lips to the side of my mouth, engrossed in deep thought.

Minutes passed before I ran into my room with the logo design. I dialed Anna's number as I pulled on jeans and a black t-shirt.

"Hey Anna? I might need some help." I paused for only a few seconds, not giving her time to reply. "I have a logo for the cafe and I need help getting them made so I can put them up." She laughed and agreed. "Oh and Anna?"

"Yes Cas?" I smiled and buttoned my pants.

"Do you wanna work with me full time?" I could hear the smile in her voice as she replied.

"Of course, I would love that."
♠ ♠ ♠
I got major writing block while writing this, and I know a lot of people actually wanted to read the next update. If you like it, drop me a message on tumblr (castielskiss) or here or something. Sorry it took so long to update, I might update tonight also but I have a lot of stuff on my plate (like designing the cover and I'm doing a drawing for my bffff Cammi) I hope you liked this chapter.