Status: Active, Updates twice a week

Angel Cafe

Chapter 3

Seven forty rolled around and Anna and I were just chilling behind the counter. She was filing her nails while I was having a mini panic attack knowing I should probably head home now, or at least soon, so I wouldn't miss my chance at getting with Dean.

I noticed Anna eyeing me with an eyebrow raised up. "So," I actually looked up to her and noticed her eyes drop. "Whats got your nerves in a box?" Her mouth curled up a little bit.

"Okay well..." I chewed on my bottom lip for a little bit before jumping off of the ordering counter and leaned against it instead. "Do you remember that guy, who came to the cafe a while back?"

"Yeah, cowboy kinda? Um... really bright green eyes?" A small smile spread across my face at the thought of his eyes.

"Well... I found out he lives next to me." She gasped and jumped up.

"Are you serious!? Like RIGHT next to you or like a house by your apartment?"

"Literally the apartment next door." She laughed at me.

"Cas, that can't be possible! That kind of stuff only happens in movies." I threw my hands up.

"That was my exact thought! But nope, sure enough he lives there with his brother I think." She eyed me and stopped filing her nails.

"Well, how do you know its him and not just his brother?"

"Ugh, because! He left a box at my door this morning, and I ran into him while he was on his way to work."

"What'd he leave you?" She frantically asked me.

"He left a box of nutty chocolates-"

"Those are your favorite!"

I coughed, "Yes, Anna, I know. Then the cafe logo." I motioned for the new logo that plastered the side of the buildings window.

"HE drew that and you didn't tell me? Cas! What the hell! You need to tell me this kind of stuff!"

"And he wants me to come to his house tonight at eight thirty-ish..." I said more to myself then to her.

"Cas! That's in like," She checked the clock. "half an hour!" She started pushing me towards the door. Compared to her, I was tiny. She was thin but she worked out a lot and I never worked out, so to her it was like pushing a new born kitten.

"Anna, Anna!" I twisted around and she stopped. "I don't know if I should go..."

"CAS! ARE YOU SERIOUS! Get out, I can close. Go or else I'm getting a bulldozer here tomorrow and destroying your only way of getting money." I sighed and gave in as she put my jacket onto me, buttoning it up even.

She patted my chest. "Now, when you get home, you need to change and get prettied." She ruffled my hair. "Now go!" I walked out, the cold autumn night air hitting my face and legs, my hands were safely held in my pockets. It smelled amazing out, leaves rustled around me every time the wind picked up even a little bit.

I walked slower then usual, not wanting to get home to early, only to be waiting around. Waiting around caused my anxiety to spike. The sound of cars driving by calmed my nerves down, all that drifted into my ears were natural sounds like listening to hard rainfall while reading your favorite book, especially good if you're reading a John Green book.

Getting to my apartment was the easy part, the second I got in and got to my door was when my anxiety came back.

"Dammit Cas..." I said to myself, under my breath. "You can do this..." I took a deep breath and let myself into my own apartment, taking off my jacket and going straight to my room. There was still ten minutes, and he probably wont get here until later then eight thirty. I kept that in mind and slowed down.

I quickly undressed myself tried to find my best looking outfit. I wanted to be dressed up, just not to dressed up, but I also wanted to be more casual, just not to casual. As I threw everything out of my closest, not being able to find anything, I dropped onto the ground, hitting my butt harder then I meant to.

I looked down at my floor covered in clean clothes, shirtless with my pants unbuttoned. I picked through the clothing around me, not being able to find anything. My head perked up and I looked at my open door. My living room had no carpet, so hearing something slide under my door wasn't hard.

I was so used to hearing the apartment main doors opening that I must've not even noticed it.

But I did notice the little folded up note and dark shadows move away from my door, then the sound of the door next door opening. I hesitated before getting up and walked over to pick it up.

I took a deep breath and popped it open. 'Hope you're still up for tonight.' The smell of leather was all over it, I figured he must've kept it in his pocket or something. I didn't even realize how late it had gotten.

"Fucking..." I half jogged back to my room and grabbed the first shirt I saw. Of course it was a white button-up. I pushed the bottom under my pants, thankfully not wearing jeans tonight.

I didn't button it up all the way, just enough to wear I can through a loose tie over it so it looks good. I checked myself out in the mirror, ruffling my hair a bit before shrugging, slipping on my dress shoes, and leaving my apartment.

I locked it behind me and went over to Deans door. I inhaled and exhaled hard, holding my hand in a fist to knock but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"You can do this..." I looked down, my arm dropping. "Ugh, I hate myself..." The door opened.

"Well that's not good." I blushed, the deep voice like water going down a dry throat. I looked up to meet the mans face.

"Uh, hi." I stuttered almost. "Sorry I didn't, uh... mean for you to hear that." I forced a smile onto my face before it disappeared and I looked down at my hands as my fingers peeled the skin around my nails from anxiety.

I saw a smile creep onto his face, "Its alright, I understand." He motioned for me to come inside, I puffed my chest up and walked in.

He house looked similar to mine, which was obvious, "Wow..." I ran my hand over the back of his couch.

He closed his door and raised his eye brows to me. "What?"

"Oh nothing, your living room has carpet, mines wood." We exchanged silent laughs before silence took over.

He coughed, "Do you want to go out and get some drinks?" I smiled a little, feeling comfortable.

"Sure, mind if I grab my coat before we leave?" He shrugged and motioned back towards the door. As I got closer, he opened it for me. "Are we taking your car or mine?" He followed me as I went to unlock my door, pushing it open carelessly.

"We can take mine, if you don't care." I pulled my dark grey trenchcoat off my coat rack, half expecting him to make fun of me for having such a thin coat. Although he had a leather jacket over himself, doesn't leather get cold?

I buttoned it quickly, eyeing Dean waiting in the hall, shutting and locking it quickly in case he felt like I was taking forever.

"You ready?" Dean asked, wrapping his arm around my waist. He leaned down a little, "If we're going to be on a date then I'm going to treat you like one."

My face beat red hot fire at the feeling of his arm tightly around me. It had been a lot time since someone had done that with me. A nervous laugh rolled off my tongue as I tried to get comfortable against his body.

As we walked out, he held open every door for me and he even opened and closed his car door for me.

As he walked around to his side, I took in some features of the car. The seats were leather and they smelled just like him, comfort grew in my chest and I smiled a little to myself. The inside, and even the outside, looked highly manicured which probably meant this car means a lot to him.

He sat down and shoved the key in, not wasting time getting the heat on. "Sorry its so cold." He smiled at me, putting the car into reverse without looking. "I've never really lived in cold cities so my baby was all I needed." He slapped the dashboard and I giggled.

He was one adorable little shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was really hoping I'd put their date in but my eyes feel like they're going to fall out and I need sleep, will probably update in the morning.