Status: Want a part two of this? Leave your suggestion in the comments. :)

Seven Days Apart

Back Home

The young genius stepped into his car, slightly exhausted from the case the BAU had just finished. It took the team of profilers seven days to finish the case. Normally, Spencer Reid wouldn't be bothered by how long the case took. That meant a few days off for him and the team. But for the past five months, something had been making him not want to go on any cases. A few days on a case he wouldn't mind, but a whole week away from her, he just went crazy.

~*~


Dr. Spencer Reid was looking over the file of the case the team had been working on, and zoned out. He hardly ever zoned out, especially on a case like this. Five families were at stake, and here he was, glancing at the watch on his left wrist. Delilah Barnes, his five month girlfriend, had given him the watch for Christmas.

Every time he would take a look at the watch, it wouldn't just remind him of her; it would remind him that every second that went by, was a second he didn't get to spend with her.

"Reid," Hotch said, trying to get the boy's attention. "Reid. Spencer!"

Spencer snapped out of his saddened trance, and glanced up at the leader of the BAU.

"Are you alright?" Hotch asked, a look of concern on his face.

"I just miss her," Spencer replied sadly, looking back down at the watch. "I know it hasn't been long, but I care about her, you know?"

"Make sure to tell her that when you get back," Hotch said, sitting beside him. "And show her. You can say anything, but sometimes people can't show it. And then they run away." Hotch seemed sad for a moment or two, and Reid though it was probably because of Hayley. She left him, and took her son, Jack along, because he wasn't home. And when he was, it was hard to show how much he cared. "Promise me you'll do that?"

"I promise," Spencer swore, looking at Hotch. Hotch nodded slightly before getting up to leave again, and meeting up with Derek Morgan.

~*~


After an agonizing drive– even though it was only ten minutes– Spencer Reid was walking up to her apartment, where he had practically been living there since two months ago. It was closer to where he worked, and he got to spend more time with her.

He knocked on the door, not wanting to open it himself, even though he did have an extra key. He wanted to surprise her. He wasn't able to tell her when he would be home.

The door clicked, and opened.

There she stood. Natural platinum blonde hair tied up in a messy bun, her make up already taken off. She was in her red flannel pyjamas, and black, cozy socks surrounding her feet. Spencer looked into Delilah's green eyes, and her smile made him smile, as well.

Spencer ripped off his bag, and engulfed the small girl in his arms. He held her close, not wanting to let go. He took her hair down, as he liked to run his fingers through the long locks. He put the pony around his wrist, and looked down to see the girl he had been falling for crying.

He closed the apartment door, and took her over to the couch, where he grabbed her a few tissues. She didn't use them though; he wiped them off her face.

"I'm sorry I didn't call," Spencer whispered. "I wanted to surprise you. I know seven days was a long time. I've never been on a case that long."

Another tear fell, and he wiped it up with his thumb.

"I'm glad you're back," she whispered, moving in closer on his face. But her hope-filled face dropped. "...but for how long?"

He put is forehead on hers, a tear of his own falling. He knew it was only a matter of time until she'd leave him. That's why he stayed single all his years of working his job. Not that he couldn't get a woman, he knew that she'd leave because of the BAU.

"Why are you crying?" she asked him, laughing slightly. She kissed the tear away that was falling down his cheek.

"I know you're going to leave..." he mumbled, but she heard.

"Why wou-"

He cut her off.

"Because I'm never with you!" he said, his voice getting slightly louder. He stood up, and ran his hand through his newly cut hair. "I'm always away, and we never spend time with each other. And this time, you're crying because I was gone for so long. I don't like seeing you cry..." He said the last part a bit quieter, but she still heard.

She stood up, while he faced away from her. She wrapped her arms around his waist, and placed her head on his back.

"I'd never leave, Spence," she said, giving him a squeeze. "If anything, I'd leave to get food." She felt him laugh slightly, and kissed his clothing covering his back. He turned around in her arms, and kissed the top of her head. "I'm just worried that you're not going to come back, and I'll get a call from JJ saying that you've-"

She couldn't finish her sentence. She touched the gun that was sitting on his right hip. She started crying again, and fell into his chest. He felt like crying himself. He never thought that she would think something of that. And him not calling her in two days probably made her believe it. He hated himself at that moment.

He pulled her away so he could look into her eyes. He bent down, and placed a gentle kiss to her lips that tasted like salt water tears. She instantly felt better, knowing that he was there, safe and sound. She had surely thought that he had been shot. That was her worst fear. She has nightmares about her losing him. The one she had fallen for in not even five months.

~*~


She had been tossing and turning all night. The couple went to bed calmly; just after finishing one of their favourite movies. She was completely content, until her eyes shut.

He woke up, seeing Delilah sweating, and not being able to stay still. Spencer sat up, getting a better look at the girl that was having a nightmare.

"No! No! NO! D-don't shoot! No! Spencer!"

At that moment, Spencer knew he had to wake her up. He shook her up, and her green eyes popped open; wide with fear. He pulled her into him, kissing her hair. He wrapped her legs around his waist, and he brought her into the bathroom. He decided to leave the light off, keeping everything calm. He set her on the counter, grabbing a face cloth, soaking it with cool water. He wiped the frightened girl's forehead and face, and tying her hair into a pony. He placed the cloth on the back of her neck, looking into her eyes.

"Are you alright, babe?" he whispered. She nodded, grateful she had Spencer with her. If it was some other guy, they wouldn't do any of this. They'd just go back to sleep. But not him. She knew he was always worried that he didn't show that he cared about her, but she knew he did.

He picked her up once more, and carried her back into the bedroom. He got a change of clothes for her, and turned away as she got dressed. When they got back into the bed, she didn't lay down.

"Wanna play chess?" he asked. He had work the next morning, but when it came to her, he didn't care.

She nodded, following him out of the room.

~*~


But of course, after one kiss, Spencer couldn't be stopped. And Delilah didn't mind a bit. He leant in for another kiss, this time it lasted longer, and reeked with passion. She kissed him back, letting her fingers tangle in his hair. Of course he had more before, but there was still enough there to grab onto.

His tongue licked her bottom lip, begging for entrance. He hadn't felt her touch since last Thursday, and was graving it that moment.

She approved, and their tongues danced in sync. He pulled her closer to him, not wanting to leave her anymore. Hotch said they could have a few days off, but Spencer thought that wasn't enough. He knew that he couldn't ask for time off though; the other team members had people they want to be with, and it wouldn't be fair if he was the only one able to spend time with the person he cherished.

He hoisted her up, wrapping her legs around his waist, just like she did the night she had the nightmare. Without breaking the kiss, Spencer took off his gun, and carried the beautiful girl into her bedroom. He set her down on the bed gently, hovering above her.

"Are you sure?" he whispered, knowing that it would be her first time. It would be his first time, too.

She nodded, already ripping the tie off of his neck.

"If you want to stop, just let me know," he said, pressing a small kiss to her neck. She nodded once again, letting him continue to kiss her neck.

~*~


The sun just started rising when Delilah woke up, pressed up against Spencer's chest. She smiled, and leaned in closer. The memories from the night before flooded through her brain. She had no nightmares last night, a difference from her pattern of a nightmare every night.

Her fingers drew designs on his bare chest, and a playful smile tugged on his lips.

"Having fun?" he teased, making her grin. She loved when he like this. She looked up at him, placing a kiss on his chin. She wrapped her arms around him, the two of them finally glad to be back together after seven days apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello!
This is my first one-shot on here, and I'd really like to know what you think of it! I'm wondering if I should continue on with this, but I'm not sure. I'd love to know what your opinions are. Please let me know!
Thanks for reading, and check out my Spencer Reid fan fiction: First Out of a Ton.
Thanks! :)
-Bran