Last of the American Girls

I Do Not Mind If This Goes On

"I.. Uh..." I begin trying to find my voice through the sudden catch in my throat. I inhale sharply, attempting to regain my composure as subtly as possible as his smirk widens. No. Not going to lose this game.

I lean my head back against the wall, as far from him as I can force myself. With an unimpressed (but seriously fake) laugh under my breath, I shrug.
"Still a little lame."

"Well fine!" He grunts, dropping his arms from around me and steps back. In my mind, I'm pouting. If I wasn't so damn stubborn, who knows where that would have gone! Stupid stubborn, game playing self!
I feign a proud smile and make my way over to the chair.
"Shall we?"

He sulks over and makes himself comfortable in the leather hydrologic chair.
"You really know how to ruin a moment, don't ya?"

"Mhm." I giggle at the pained look on his face. It's actually kind of fun to see him not getting what he wants. Especially since what he wants is me! I begin styling his hair, even though it already looks just the way it did yesterday. At this point, I'm basically just playing. Once every hair seems to be as in place as possible, I pick up the eyeliner pencil and carefully trace a dark line beneath his piercing green eyes.

"You have coffee breath." He mumbles as I finish applying the liner and step away to admire my work.

With a soft laugh, and a momentary mental panic attack because I probably do have bad breath, I drop the pencil back on the makeup bar. "All done."

"Finally!" A voice chimes out from behind us. We both jump, unaware that anyone else was in the room.
"Jesus mike!" Billie exclaims. "How long have you been in here?"
"Are you fucking kidding?" Mike raises his eyebrows. "I've literally been here the whole time."
Oh god. The whole time? The look on my face must convey more confusion than fear because Mike continues speaking.
"I walked in right as Billie sat down. You honestly didn't notice?" Mike grins. I exhale, thankful that he wasn't here at the true beginning of our... encounter... I simply shrug in response as Billie Joe stands up and Mike takes his place in the chair.

"I need coffee. See you guys in there." Billie says, stepping out the door of the trailor.

"Enjoying the new job, Bri?" Mike snorts as the door slams closed.
"Shut up."
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy crap. It's been almost a year since I've updated?!! I guess school got the best of me. I graduate college in 3 days and won't start working for a while so prepare for updates!