Status: Finally active!

Switched

A Thousand Places Better Than This

Trying to sleep on a bus full of rowdy teenagers should be an olympic sport. But having to watch out for your friends just to make sure they won’t draw a dick on your face made it harder.

Mr Mullen’s AP English class was headed to the Museum of Mythology and Legends. Which, speaking truthfully, I would’ve enjoyed if my asshole of a friend wasn’t on the field trip with me. Brian was on this trip and he loved to cause mass chaos. Don’t get me wrong, I love trashing shit and ruining things as much as the next delinquent, but when it came to this kind of stuff, I actually liked to pay attention.

I opened my eyes when I felt someone tap my shoulder. Sighing, I glared at Brian who was looking at me with a sly smirk, “What, dude?” I groaned.

“You see that girl right there? The one sitting next to Ashley Knotz?”

“What about her?” I yawned.

“She’s cute, isn’t she?”

I shrugged, “I guess.”

“Do you know who that is?”

“No idea,” I said softly, drifting back to sleep. That was when his hand slammed against my chest, waking me up instantly, “Goddammit, what?!”

“This is fucking important!”

“My sleep is more important than some Barbie!”

“That’s Camilla Scott!”

“So?”

“She’s the one who planned the Winter Social and last years prom!”

“The one where Jimmy peed in the punch bowl?”

“Exactly.”

“What of her?”

“Don’t you think her and I would be great together?”

I scoffed, “She has a boyfriend I bet.”
“Oh she does, his name is Kasey. But that’s never been a problem for me before.”

“Obvious.” I yawned again, closing my eyes only to find out that we had already arrived at our destination. “Oh, Goddammit!” I yelled in frustration, making Mr Mullen look towards the back of the bus.

“Watch your language!”

x-x


“And to our right we see the Fountain of Equality. The myth goes that Andromeda and Tryphon argue in front of such fountain only to find out that when they awoke, they were switched in each other’s body.” The guide said with a little too much enthusiasm.

“I could really, really, really care less.” Brian groaned.

“How can anyone focus on anything when you’re whining like a little bitch next to me?”

“I’m going to talk to Camilla.”

I rolled my eyes, “Have fun. Make sure her boyfriend isn’t looking.”

“He’s not even here. Trust me, if he was, I would make sure he was looking.”

“Get out of my sight, shithead.” I sighed as I went back to writing the answers on my worksheet while walking towards the fountain of. I could hear Brian’s attempts in flirting with Camilla and it was almost laughable.

Minutes later, when Brian finally gave up on her, I felt a presence next to me, looking to my left, I saw Camilla looking at her worksheet as well.

“Your friend’s flirting techniques could use some improvements.” She said without looking up,

“His techniques are meant for girls with little or no self respect. Or virginity. Or innocence.”

“Lovely.”

“Very.”

“You are his friend, right?”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“You don’t act like him.”

“He’s my friend, not my relative. Goes to show that we’re not all the same.”

“Never said you were.”

“Saying that I don’t act like my more than sexually active friend is kind of implying that we act the same.”

“You’re right. Sorry.”

“None taken.” I replied, writing down the answer to the next question.

“So you’re Zacky, huh?”

“That’s me.” I smiled.

“I’ve never seen you around before. I’ve only heard about you.”

“I wouldn’t be able to see amazing people either if my vision was clouded by Barbie dolls.” I smirked as I watched her flip her brown-red hair in a huff. “Sorry. I mean friends.”

“Incoming!” I heard a yell behind me, before I knew it, the brute Andy Sickle slammed into Camilla. Her immediate reaction? To pull me with her. So there we were, laying in the fountain, absolutely sopping wet.

“What the fuck did you pull me in for?!” I yelled.

“You were supposed to be my anchor!”

“Why would I waste my time trying to save you from getting wet?!” I got up from the fountain and stomped off to the bathroom, my shoes squeaking in the distance.

x-x


“Andy Sickle is a dead man.” Brian said from behind me.

“Tell me about it.”

“Sorry, dude.”

“What for?” I asked, pulling off my shirt and wringing it out into the bathroom sink.

“Not warning you. But then again, I didn’t know Camilla would pull you in.”

“Imbecile.” I grumbled, pulling my shirt back on before looking in the mirror and ruffling my hair.

"She didn't try to."

"Whatever."
♠ ♠ ♠
artic monkeys lyrics yaaaas

so here it is

not sure if any of you were anticipating it, but here we goOoOoo

((whoops I edited a part or two hello))