Status: Active for the most part.

More Than Skin Deep.

Zaylaa Brennan is a twenty eight year old tattoo artist from Miami, Florida. She has been tattooing in a professional setting for five years now but did it under ground so to say since she was eighteen years old.
When she was twenty three, she met Chris Nunez. They had the chemistry, they had the friendship and they quickly formed a relationship. The relationship was perfect for the most part. Chris was Zaylaa's everything along with her blossoming tattoo career. He introduced her to so many things and showed her a different outlook to being a rounded tattoo artist.
Three years later, their relationship started to fall apart. Chris was traveling the world and Zaylaa was getting more confident than she probably should have. She decided to open up her very own shop, despite Chris's various protests. It isn't that she wasn't a good artist, she didn't have the foundation and the publicity to stand on. That however, is not how Zaylaa saw it. She felt as though he did not support her and did not think she was a strong tattooist. The stress and the fighting became too much for the young couple to work through. They went their separate ways, Chris's decision.
Zaylaa was a wreck. It took her a year to get back on solid ground and learn to cope with the things in her life.
Even though Zaylaa has been through a lot in her life, especially losing her father at the age of eight. He was he life, her inspiration to create art in all forms. He named her Zaylaa because it means sunshine. She was his sunshine, his world. She went through life striving to make a name for her so in turn she could shine light on her father. She surrounded herself with strong male figures so when Chris left, it shattered her all over again.
After that year of over coming and learning to comprehend, she consumed herself with work. She continued to work in a shop not owned by her but quickly became the most requested artist.
That is when the owner, Marcus told her that he had signed her up for a tattoo competition called Ink Master. He told her that it was going to be their second season and that it incorporated all aspects of art, something she loved.
Without knowing who the judges were or doing any researches about the show she decided to go ahead with the competition.
What will be in store when she ends up coming face to face with Chris? Will he hold a grudge against her or will he focus on her as just another competitor?
  1. Not Sugar Coating.
    All the artists meet each other. Chris and Zaylaa see each other for the first time in two years.
  2. Haunt You.
    The votes are tallied and tensions rise.
  3. A Metal Origami Crane.
    Awkward situations and the truth.
  4. Broken Clasps.
    A new side of Zaylaa has taken center stage.
  5. Wife, Baby Momma, Queen of All My Lands
    Zaylaa and Clint like to piss people off.