Status: Some aren't at all like they seem.

The Unforgettable

Moment of Change

The Night Before


“I want to tell you something,” his breathing picks up and heart pumping faster.

“Okay,” I only smile, taking my lovers hand.

“It’s really important.”

Grabbing my hot chocolate, I bring the warm mug to my lips keeping eye contact.

Christoph takes a deep breath, removes his hand from mine, running his fingers through his brown hair nervously and looks away.

“I’ve. . . been cheating on you,” he says sullenly.

My heart drops into the pit of my stomach. I swallow hard the hot chocolate that now tastes bitter.

“It was only one person,” he says, now looking at me.

Only one? He says it like that makes it any better. Like he is allowed a ticket to cheat with only one girl. Like I should be celebrating!

“I’m sorry baby…”

A lump grows in my throat as I stare at him.

“Talk to me, say something to me,” He says. He whispers, “please.”

“Why?” I snap.

“I just want to hear your voice.”

I slam the mug onto the coffee table warm hot chocolate spilling onto my hand, splashing onto the table and some hitting the floor. He flinches a little, but I don’t.

“No! Why’d you do it, you idiot!”

“I- I,” he stammers. “I don’t know why, I don’t know why I did it. You’re right, I am an idiot. She isn’t even that pretty. I did it because. . . I guess because it was easy and at first it was fun. . . But lately I just couldn’t believe myself and couldn’t keep coming home to you and you showing me so much love and I feeling like I betrayed you and you not even knowing it. . . I told her I don’t want to see or talk to her again and I didn’t want her trying to get in contact with me either. . . I lov-”

“Don’t.” I shake my head. “Don’t sit here and tell me you love me after just telling me you’ve been fucking another girl!”

“Gianna, but I do. It’s why I am telling you, it’s why I ended it with Leana, to be true to you.”

“The receptionist?!”

I knew I didn’t like her the moment I first laid eyes on her. When I would go up to Christoph’s job to drop off his wallet that he often forgot. The way she looked at me made me feel uneasy. She would roll her green eyes at me and give me a hard smile. She made me feel below her with the way she looked down her nose at me. Wearing her name brand clothing while I showed up wearing a simple T-shirt, jeans and sneakers. The way her expression would change when my husband would come out, her thin lips pulled up into a sweet smile, batting her fake long eye lashes, changing her voice from the harsh tone she spoke to me in to a sweet high tone to say whatever nonsense she thought would make him laugh. Which it did too, a big hearty laugh.

“I- I can’t believe you,” I’m bawling, cries shake my frame.

I stand up, hurrying to the room we share and he stands too hurrying after me. I run into the room, and hurry to close the door behind me but he’s stronger than me and doesn’t let me slam the door in his face.

“Get out!”

“Gianna, listen to me!”

“I don’t want to hear it!” I scream. “Aren’t you done yet? Do you not see with every word you say the more it hurts? Are you trying to see how much you can break me in ten minutes?”

That makes him shut up and back away staring at me with hurt eyes.

Slamming the door and locking it, I turn away, drop to the floor and cry as much as my eyes will let me.