Status: Some aren't at all like they seem.

The Unforgettable

Turn For The Worse

“Love?”

I unglue my eyes from my tired reflection in the sunroom’s windows and shoot them to the floor. My heart is weighing so heavy, I don’t know how to do this.

“Gianna?”

Carlo’s soft voice fills my ears as he closes in on me, an arm fits itself around my waist and he turns me in his direction.

“Gianna, what’s wrong what’s going on?”

His eyes flit around my face trying to figure out why on earth I’d be so down in paradise.

“My dear, please tell me why you’re crying.”

I only blubber more as I open my mouth to speak. Quickly his arms tighten around me and he pulls me close. I try to push him away but he won’t let me, he’s holding me tighter.

“Gianna, Gianna, what is the matter?”

I bite my lip hard, tears pool in my eyes as I stare up at him, I close my eyes and shake my head.

“I-“ my voice shakes and catches in my throat.

“I can’t do this anymore.” my voice is barely above a whisper.

I feel his body tense around me, the air is tight around me and I can barely breathe.

He feels like stone then he steps back releasing me, watching me, “what can’t you do love?”

“This,” I hiccup, wildly looking around the room. “I- I can’t. I can’t be with you anymore,” it’s a miracle he heard me.

I finally rest my eyes on him. He looks as though I stabbed him directly in his heart, his eyebrows knit together, he seems a little delirious.

“What? What did I d- It’s the ring isn’t it? I’ve scared you off. . . “

His face falls, I cry more because this is fucking killing me. He straightens his posture along with the coat he’s wearing. Without another word, he turns away from me and stalks out of the room. I look around crazily, that’s it? Is that really it, it's over now? I hurry after him and he’s standing at the front door, not leaving, not speaking, not moving, just standing there. When a couple more minutes go by of him stuck like a statue, I draw nearer and stand beside the stair rail finally able to speak without a shaky voice.

“I suppose I’ll start packing my things,” I sniffle.

He doesn’t respond, I continue uneasily.

“If- if you’re leaving,” I stutter. “I can be gone before you return, you won’t have to hear from me again. I’m sorry for everything. . .”

I stand there waiting for some sort of response but he remains as a statue, I give a final sigh and turn starting up the stairs. I’m halfway up and he finally comes alive.

“Did you ever love me?” he asks in a gravely tone.

My heart pangs and I turn around again, he’s still facing the door.

“Yes,” I croak. “I still love you.”

He snaps around with a strained voice, “then why? Why are you doing this to me?”

I almost break down at his face and I hurry down to the last step, “I- I can’t be this woman you want me to be. I fuck up, I am a fuck up, I can’t go around pretending that life is a fairytale, that things are always going to be magical because they’re not. You’re too good for me.”

“And who isn’t, Christoph?!” he booms.

There’s a mean glare in his eye, he appears different, off and it’s scaring me.

“You still love him don’t you!” He yells accusingly.

“This has nothing to do with Chris," I reply meekly.

“You’re a fucking liar!” he roars.

I shrink away, eyes wide and I am full on scared now. Carlo has never yelled or cursed at me, ever. He rakes a hand through his hair, he’s visibly shaking and I’m freaking out.

“You said you loved me,” he mutters. “But you don’t you’re just using me exactly how I knew you would, but I believed you! I believed you were different Gianna! But, you lied,” he starts crying.

I back my way up the stairs and noisily fumble, he snaps his head to look at me and starts making his way up the stairs.

“I warned you not to break my heart Gianna. . .”

“Carlo, I- I” I stammer. “I know you did and I wish that I knew I would so that I stopped myself from pursuing you but- but if you just let me-“

“Let you what?”

I start crying again, but only because I’m freaking out, “Just let me get my stuff and I’ll go. You can just forget about me,” I desperately plead.

He shakes his head, walking up and forward as I walk up and backward continuing to stumble as I try to hurry. His demeanor grows darker and I more hysterical by the second.

He chuckles, “I’m afraid I can’t let you do that.”

My heart drops and I freeze, “wh- what do you mean, what are you talking about you can’t?”

He cocks his head to the side, “do you really think I’m just going to let you leave me?”

He’s got a menacing look on his face that chills me to the bone and in a flash before I can push out a scream he’s grabbed me by the throat forcing a very unpleasant sound from my mouth and he continues up the stairs. My feet are dangling in the air as he carries me by my throat up the rest of the staircase. All the while I'm clawing at his hand, face turning veiny and red he is unflinching. My eyesight is blurring, tears are falling and when he finally releases my throat I gasp and choke dropping to and writhing on the floor praying for air to reach my lungs. Wildly trying to collect myself and scramble to my feet, I spin in a circle to not see Carlo anywhere. Oh my God I have to get of here! I bolt to the stairs again, feel my foot on the first step and THUNK an object big, heavy and metal sounds off a light ring as it connects to the back of my head. I feel the wind and see the wooden steps rushing towards my face, there’s a crunch then I’m out, it’s all black.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY! So glad I finally got to share this part of the story. You guys get to see Carlo's actually a fucking psychopath. Hooray for psychopaths making our lives a little more interesting each day.

Now into the nitty gritty.