Status: Some aren't at all like they seem.

The Unforgettable

Past Memories

Christoph and I were supposed to be together forever. We were high school sweethearts since 10th grade. Anyone that saw us together said how cute we were together. I was convinced that we would be one of the high school couples that would make it as a power couple as adults.

After graduation our plan was to move to Georgia, but before we did that Christoph thought it was only right to get married.

We were at a friend’s graduation party a sweet slow song blaring throughout the house, Christoph and I could hear it from outside in the backyard.

“May I have this dance?” Christoph asked his white smile spread across his face, glinting in the moonlight.

I smiled up at him and placed my arms around his neck while his arms wound around my waist. I laid my head onto his shoulder and pressed my face softly into his neck.

The woman sang: When you’re lost and you’re alone and you can’t get back again I will find you darling and I will bring you home.

We swayed to the music in our own little world together.

“Baby,” his lips gently brushed against my ear as he spoke.

“Hm?” I responded, eyes closed, content wrapped in his arms.

“Will you marry me Giana?”

I was surprised and said yes of course and it was a lovely wedding. It was held in the beautiful backyard of Christoph’s parent’s home with his parents, mine his grandparents and my grandmother attending. We danced to the same song from the party that played when he proposed, By your Side by Sade.

After the honeymoon in Cuba for a week, immediately we moved in together into an apartment in Georgia. He had better grades in high school than me and also had the money to get into Georgia State University whereas I went to a community college not too far away, Atlanta Metropolitan College.

Everything seemed to be going so well. I graduated two years before him because I was going to a community college and only earned my associates degree, which is in graphic design. My goal was to transfer to GSU, but money wasn’t going to allow that. I felt fine and was just happy enough that I got at least my associates and Christoph was halfway to a bachelor’s degree in accounting. Christoph was upset that we couldn’t afford both of us going to school and he even offered to quit school and work two full time jobs while I went to school, but I told him it was fine and I wanted him to finish.


That’s what I loved about him, he was so caring and loving and sweet. Always willing to give something up for me.

I still love him I just don’t know if I’m. . . In love with him anymore.