Status: Some aren't at all like they seem.

The Unforgettable

Losing Touch

I sit on the edge of the bathtub locked in the bathroom. I stare at the dirty blue tiled floor, thinking.
After that night Christoph has gotten the impression that all is well and that we can go back to being how we were before he told me he cheated. He has made no effort to fix anything. I guess he thinks that since I let him have sex with me that things between us are just dandy. It’s been a week since our “talk,” and I’m sadder than ever.

I'm not happy at all. I try to force myself to be, but it doesn't last. The hope of being happy wipes away once I see his face and in his presence.

What's the point in staying with him? He shows me nothing. He just drops me at work every morning, goes to work himself, gets off and picks me up. We buy take out and I try to avoid as much interaction as I can with him when we're at home. I damn sure haven't let him touch me since that one night. He disgusts me. I am sad that I have these feelings towards him but angry because he made it this way.

Feelings of regret and anger.

I think I want to call it quits. But fear of making a mistake and sometimes thinking we can fix us, but he seems like he just wants to forget it all and go on with our daily routine. I once desperately thought I wanted this relationship not to fall apart, but now I don't care.

You pressed your lips to another girl. That kiss caused me nothing but pain. You pressed your body against hers and that feeling in my heart is unspeakable. You met up with her to cheat again and again, but then told me you ended it. Told me of some epiphany you had, that you loved me. How do I believe you? How can I, why should I trust you?

I can’t.