Happy For You

1/1

He was being ridiculous, and he knew that. He understood just how stupid he was for being jealous of the guy flirting with her. After all, he was the one that suggested they break up in the first place. Yet here he was sitting all alone in this some what lively bar in their hometown, taking secret glances over to where she was sitting.

His stomach twisted in knotts everytime she let out a little giggle at what he was saying, and his head began spinning everytime he saw her touch the guy's arm or lean into him. He was in so much physical pain watching the girl who used to be the love of his life flirt with another man, yet he couldn't stop watching.

Dan ordered another drink, thinking to himself about all of the times the two of them sat in this very same bar, flirting and talking about the most random eveents. He shook his head, though as the memories from the night they broke up came flashing back.

"This bar's a little crowded don't you think?" she all but yelled over all of the talking and music that was going on in the small place.

"It's fine, love. Why don't you go take a seat, and I'll get us something to drink?" Dan suggested, nodding at a friend of his who had just walked by.

"I don't know, Dan. Why don't we just get out of here? I'm tired anyway, and being home and having some drinks sounds a lot better than being here." she tried.

He tried to hold in his annoyance with his girlfriend as he turned to face her fully. He knew there had been tension between the two ever since he got back from tour. He also knew that he should just comply with her wish and leave, but all he really wanted to do was stay at the bar and hang out with his friends he hadn't seen in awhile. Plus he was honestly more than sick of staying in their small apartment, watching reruns of some American reality show she was obsessed with. "Babe, let's just stay here for a little bit okay? I haven't seen my friends in awhile; I really need this."

Dan knew what he said had pissed her off because as soon as the words came out of his mouth, her bright blue eyes changed to the dark, angry shade he had grown accustomed to in the past few weeks. "Can we go outside and talk about this?"

She didn't wait for an answer as she grabbed his wrist and pulled him through the ever growing crowd. The couple made it outside where it appeared to be empty, apart from the stranger on the corner smoking a cigarette and talking to his phone. "Look Dan, I get it, okay? You want to see your friends. But honestly, I've had a really long day, I'm tired, I have a fucknig headache and I don't feel like sitting in there drinking a ridiculously priced drink while listening to your stupid friends talk about football."

If Dan wasn't fully annoyed at her before, he sure as hell was now. "Are you fucking kidding me? I literally had to spend this whole weekend with your friends, listening to them complain about their love lifes and being forced into giving my fucking opinions on dresses they kept trying on that honestly made them look awful, and you are telling me that you don't want to 'listen to my stupid friends talk about football'?"

"Yes, Daniel, that is exactly what I'm telling you! I'm glad you finally caught on. Can we just go home now?" she fumed, trying to talk softer as the guy on the corner ended his phone call and was staring at the feuding pair.

"You know what. Yes, you can go home. But I'm going to stay here." Dan retorted, furious.

"Well, have fun finding one of your fucking friends' couch to sleep on!"

"I will. In fact, while I'm at it I'm just going to go find another fucking house to live in because I'm sure as hell not going to be living with you any longer."

"Thank God! Have fun with your life, Daniel. I hope you have fun wasting your life away in sketchy bars."


Looking back now, Dan regretted everything that night. He wished he would have just taken her home and cuddled on the couch. He wished he would have never said any of the things he said to her. If he could, he would give anything to have it all back. To have those nights where they talked for hours, where they would go out and take random trips to towns they had never been, where she was there for him through everything and him supporting everything she did. He just wanted it all back, but he knew he couldn't get it. She had moved on and gotten over him; it was obvious with the way she laughed or smiled at everything that guy sitting next her said.

With one last swig of his beer, Dan grabbed his coat finally deciding upon something. Although he regretted everything that had happened, he was glad they did break up. Because even though it caused him to walk around with a broken heart, the fact that she could move on and be with someone better than him made Dan feel a little better. All he wanted was for her to be with someone who gave her everything and treated her like she was the only girl in the world, and if that someone wasn't him, he'd still be happy for her. Because that's all he wanted her to be: happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've decided if I can't finish a ymas story, why not just make a bunch of one shots about them.

Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!

p.s. I got myself really disoriented somehow and posted this in the wrong story, so if you've read this under a different title, that's why.