Are You Free?

Surprise!

"And 5, 6, 7, 8!"

Music blasted out from the speakers throughout the studio. It felt amazing to dance after not dancing for days. After the lesson, I packed all my things into my backpack and stepped out into the cold morning air. I sat on the bench for a while calming my heart beat while texting Ashley like always. As I was about to stand up and start walking home an unfamiliar yet amazing white Ferrari parked in the street in front of me. The windows started rolling down and the next thing I know is Justin's face lookling my way.

"Hey!" he yelled from his car across the street.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I yelled back. I was really surprised by this. How did he know I had dance lessons and where they were? I can tell you i was more freaked out than surprised though...

"Come over here!"

"Uh... okay!" I nervously shuffled my feet toward his car on the other side of the road.

"So do you mind telling me why you're here?" I asked in curiosity.

"Surprise! Haha I called up your brother and asked if you were home and he told me you were at dance so I figured I'd give you a ride." He said with a smirk on his face. That smirk made him seem so much cuter, he was definitely more than attractive.

"Since when did you know my brother?" I was actually shocked to hear this. I know all my brothers friends really well and I've never heard of Justin being one of his friends.

"We're friends. We hang out every now and then. Hop in!" He smiled.

I got in the car and buckled myself. His car smelled so nice and it was really comfortable.

"So where do you wanna go?"

"What?" I was so confused.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked again. I wonder why he's asking me.

"Well I'd prefer going home, if that's what you mean." I sounded so stupid... I'm asking to go home... what.

"Alright then." He drove away. He turned on the radio and we both sat in silence listening to songs the whole ride home.

By the time we got to my house I was glad we arrived, it was an awkward car ride.

"Thanks for the ride Justin." I waved back at him as I closed the car door looking back at him.

"No problem." He then drove off. I was standing there looking at the car get smaller and smaller until it turned a corner and I couldn't see it anywhere. I walked into the house and found my brother watching TV so I sat next to him.

"Hey Mads." He said without even looking at me.

"Hi. I have a question, do you mind?"

"Nope, go ahead and ask."

"So I was just wondering, since when did you and Justin become friends and why didn't I know about it?" Silence.

"We were friends for a while... in fact we were BEST friends. Until a few years back... but we're still cool."

"Really? So... what happened between you two from becoming best friends to just friends?" He shifted in his seat and fumbled with his fingers.

"Well... let's just say he changed... does that answer it?" I wasn't so sure if I would take that as an answer but just nodded and walked away.
.................................................
That night i sat in bed wondering what my brother meant by "changed". I mean there can be so many meanings behind the word "changed", I just wish he was more specific. Suddenly my phone buzzed.

TEXT
From: Justin
Hey Maddie, want to hang out tomorrow?

I stared at the phone for a while until I texted him back.

TEXT
To: Justin
Sure that sounds great! What time?

TEXT
From: Justin
Any time is good, I'm excited though :)

I got exctied myself too. I frantically looked around my room looking for what to wear tomorrow. Guess I can call tomorrow a date? I tried not to think about it in that way, after all we're not together or anthing.