Are You Free?

Rumors

I woke up with the sound of my alarm at 6 to get ready for school. As I was on my way to school, I thought about how it would be like. Would it be different since I know Jusstin now?

I rushed to my locker and put my books away then headed to my first period class. As I was waiting for the second bell to ring, I caught someone talking about Justin and how he was dangerous and all the bad things he does. Some others were also talking about how he is known for so many bad events and being such a jerk. I frowned at all these rumors... but I didn't know if they were true yet. Hopefully they weren't.

After school was over, I made my way to my locker to find Ashley waiting for me with a smile on her face. I smiled back and opened my locker.

"So, do you want to meet over at my house or yours today?" She asked. I thought about this. I wanted to meet at my house but then again I wanted to meet at hers only to see Justin when I walk back home.

"Let's do it at yours. My house is kinda messy..." I suggested because it was true. My house looked like a storage room (not kidding). The only reason why is because we just moved in last week so there are still unpacked boxes here and there and we ordered some new furniture so packages are constanly piling up everyday.

"Great! My house at 4... or why don't you just come with me so you wouldn't have to walk over?" She suggested and I agreed. The air outside was chilly and clouds were coming in from over the mountains.

..........................................................................
We arrived at her house and walked in. We worked on our project in silence only the radio playing in the background until Ashley broke the silence.

"So I'm hearing a lot of things about Justin... and they're not so good. Did you hear any?" She asked me and I didn't say a word for a while.

"Yeah, I did too..." I nodded.

"Do you believe in it though? I mean to be honest the things they say, rumor or not, sound horrible."

"Of course I don't! I mean at least I don't want to." I told her. She knew I had a crush on this boy since the beginning.

"I don't know Madds (my nickname). He does seem kinda scary you know. I don't talk to him but they say he's a real jerk..." At this point I was annoyed because to my understanding, the last time I talked to him, he seemed so generous and kind and I knew that he wasn't what everybody says was.

"Ashley, do you really believe it though? You dont know him and haven't talked to him either."

"Hmmmm..." She sighed. I got up and started packing my bag after I looked at the time to find that it was already 5pm.

"I gotta go Ash. See you tomorrow." I turned and walked away, waving my hands to her as I walked down her drive way and onto the sidewalk.

It was already getting dark outside, darker than last time. I started picking up my pace because it was getting cold and darker and I wanted to be home. I was getting closer to Justin's house and I expected him to be playing ball like always at this time, but when I got there there was nobody to be seen all the lights were off in the house... where could he have gone? Where could they have gone?