Are You Free?

I'm Sorry

The next day during lunch I headed out to the quad to meet with Ashley but happen to run into Justin walking down the hall. I tried hard to not look at him at all and just pretend I didn't see him but he obviously had to look up and find me there in front of him. Ugh I groaned to myself. His face was worn out and I happened to detect a small bruise on his left cheek.

"Hey, uhm I..." He started nervously, fumbling with his hands. I held a hand up to him.

"No... just don't Justin, please." I told him with a firm voice. I was still upset about him yelling at me like that.

"But I'm really sorry and I'll explain." He pleaded. How can I let him down when all I knew was that he was innocent and I didn't even know the reason why he yelled either.

"Alright." I sighed.

"Thank you. Today after school, meet me near in the parking lot." He said with a grin. How could he be happy after feeling bad about yelling at me? Boys...

..................................................................
I was scanning the parking lot looking for him or even his car until someone touched my shoulder. I looked around to find Justin standing there with a straight face and saying "You ready?". I followed him to his car and he opened the passenger seat for me to get in. I sat there taking in the scent of his car and looking at others that passed by.

"So, should I explain to you about last night?" He asked.

"Well yes I would like to hear it and know why you had a reason to yell at me." I said annoyed and crossed my arms to my chest.

"I-I really don't know what got to me, like I told you before, I can't seem to control myself. By the way I had a really rough night yesterday and I was just not in the mood to see poeple, alright?" He glanced at me in an expression I couldn't make out since I wasn't really looking at him while he talked.

"Can you just go on with your excuse on why you yelled?" This was really annoying.

"It's not an excuse okay?" I could hear the annoyance in his tone and a somewhat bitterness to it.

I just sighed, slowly slouching in my seat.

"So I happen to walk into one of my worst enemies and we got into a really angry talk and he lost control and we just started beating eachother up."

"Oh... w-well then where were the boys?" I slightly stuttered because of how shocked I was to hear this. I mean he didn't just fight but he beat up the guy. Now I was sitting up straight in my seat.

"They were out watching a movie at the theaters that night and came home pretty late." He told me and I couldn't do anything but just believe it.

"I don't believe this... I can't believe anything you said." I scoffed even though I did believe it a little...

"You don't? Okay, fine." Oh great, now he sounds pissed... ugh why do I do this to poeple? "But I have someething that I've been wanting to show you."

He pulled out of the parking lot and went out onto the street. We drove for a few minutes before we turned on to a street that led up a mountain and that's when he started speeding a little. I could tell he was irritated and definitely pissed of. He sharply turned a corner onto a dusty road that led to a court where a huge house was built with a small shed next to it. I gasped to myself and looked up in awe. Where was this place? He sat in his seat for a few minutes after turning off the engine and then slammed his door shut after getting out. I didn't know whether to stay or follow so I just sat there keeping my gaze on the house.

"Get out." He opened the car door and to my surprise held out a hand to help me out. So I got out and shut the door myself.

"Do you mind telling me where this place is?" I asked trying to have a nice tone to my voice.

"It's our place... me and the guys." He said with a straight line of his mouth. Now I was surprised.

"Wow. All this? How?" I asked in amusement.

"It just happened to be one of the boys' grandparents house untill they told him he could have it for later in life. I was really surprised too when I saw this place but now its just like a home to us. We all have separate rooms for each one of us. Shocking right?" He said with a smirk. I guess he cooled off from his anger management issues.

"Hmm..." That's all I had to say. I mean the house looked so beautiful and to think that a whole bunch of bad guys doing bad things live here is quite sad and shocking.
"Well, I'd like to go home now. I have to be home right after school so if you don't mind..." I started walking towards the car and putting my hand on the door handle to open it until he turned me around with both hand on my shoulders. I gazed into his beautiful hazel eyes.

"Look, I'm truly sorry for snapping at you last night. I really shouldn't have and I just wish you'd forgive me for it." I could sense his sorriness in his voice and his eyes.

"I never said I was angry with you."I pulled away. I couldn't fall into this trap.

He sighed and just got in the car. We drove in silence the whole way to my house.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it." I reassured him that I was "okay" with a slight smile.

"No problem." He said with a forced grin.

Walking into the house, I felt regret. Why didn't I just forgive him? Why was I just so stubborn? But then I thought again, filling all those rumors into my head about him and all the horrible things he's done, I just couldn't no matter how innocent he looked... i just couldn't.