Bruises in Miniature Form

Intro

I sat quietly on my bed brushing out my caramel colored hair as I stared at my window.
The breeze playfully twisting my curtains as I watched.
A knock sounded at my door, my whole body curling around to look at my bedroom door.
There stood my soon to be step father, Rick.
He was a nice guy and I was happy for my moms new found happiness, I didn’t think she would ever find someone after dad.

"Teresa your mother and I are going out shopping for shoes, think you can handle the house alone?" He smiled sweetly, his brown hair was quiet messy yet professional on his head as he groaned slightly at the word 'shoes'.
"Yeah Rick, I can take care of the place"
Rick nodded turning to exit my room again before he paused in mid thought and relapsed to face me, "Oh and my neighbors son, he's going to be spending a few nights here. His parents are always on business trips so he stays with me, he'll be out of your hair though so don’t worry"

I nodded with a small smile watching him leave.
I had only been in my new home for two days and was still adjusting; so far everything seemed quiet fine by me.
I liked my new life, I was going to get another dad, of course I'll still have my biological father.
Truthfully, I have no problems, none at all.
I like my new life, its great, new school, new home, new room, new everything...
The door bell sounded which must have meant Rick had just left with my mother.
Skipping a few steps I came to a pause in front of the door, unlocking the dead bolt and pulling the wood towards me to quickly meet my new problem.