Bruises in Miniature Form

Childish but effective

Later that morning after I managed to squeeze in a few more hours sleep before getting up and catching myself a shower I entered the living room to find Max sitting all alone with his feet up on the coffee table.
He flipped channels on the television every odd second without blinking and truthfully it felt unnerving, how can someone just do that? Do they forget to blink or something? Or just shut down?
Walking over to him I nudged his legs with my toe, watching his head snap around to face me as his body curled away instinctively.

“Where are Mom and Rick?”
Pointing a finger in the direction of the kitchen he began ignoring me again.
“Are you planning on making this easy for me?” I muttered to him making sure to keep quiet so we wouldn’t go noticed.
“What am I making easy for you?” He countered now looking in my direction.
Smiling I grabbed his glass of juice off the coffee table, taking a sip before dumping the rest on his head and watching him stare wide eyed at me.
“What the fuck!?” He screamed jumping up to his feet to whip most of it from his eyes.
“What’s going on?” My mother cried running in after hearing Max’s cries.
“I’m sorry Max, I offered to take his drink into the kitchen but tripped over the carpet. I’m so sorry Max!” I gushed looking at him with the doe eyes I reserved for my father and Daryl when need be.
“You did that on purpose!” He shouted pointing a finger in my face.
“Now Max she apologised and said it was an accident, just go take a shower and calm down” Rick sighed, taking my side instantly.

Max’s head whipped back and forth for a few moments before he took a step back and grinded his teeth together.
Stalking past her he ran up the stairs leaving me with my mother who began cleaning up the mess and Rick who stared after the fuming teenage boy.
Smiling an apologetic look their way I went into the kitchen to grab Max’s favourite bag of chips off the counter and a can of his soda that he made sure I knew was his and only his.
I figured if he was going to claim everything as his own I’d put into effect “What’s yours is mine”.
Skipping into the backyard I quickly opened the can of orange soda and began taking large gulps from it, looking around at the pathetic grass while munching on a few of the potato chips.
I finished my food and drink by the time I heard Max getting out of the shower and so I set off to the hotel again to visit my father and Daryl.
I was pretty sure Omar was over there again since Daryl mentioned they were going to be spending a lot more time together to catch up on things.
Closing the backdoor behind me I climbed up to my room, planning on getting my wallet before I headed out.

“Nice stunt you pulled there” I heard Max speak up, leaning against my doorframe as I entered through it.
“Careful Max your epidermis is showing” I teased grabbing the wallet off its spot on my dresser and leaving him alone to laugh at my childish retort.