Bruises in Miniature Form

I like pink

You would think a tiny little dollar store with no real purpose wouldn’t care if their stand on scented candles fell over, after all nothing broke nor did it get damaged in any way.
It’s a candle, honestly how can you damage a candle that is wrapped in bubble wrap and paper towels?
Sighing heavily I watched the pacing security guard talk into his walkie talky that had obviously come from a serious budget lack.
The scratchy noise of it clicking on and off grated on my nerves as the short stubby man pressed the button on and off to hear the other side of his conversation.
All the words I could clearly make out were of very little value as it sounded more like he was ordering a snack for lunch rather than trying to find Daryl and Omar.

“Can I at least phone them?” I mumbled impatiently tapping my foot on the floor.
“No talking” He barked pointing a finger my way.
“Aren’t you over stepping your authority just a little bit?” An extremely familiar but vague voice spoke up.
Glancing up to the door I saw the black haired brown eyed hero of my day grinning impishly at me from the doorframe.
He wiggled his fingers in my direction, leaning into the room more by using his arm as an Anker on the wall, “I’ll sign for her”
“Do you have ID?” The security guard asked with a firm look.
Reaching a hand to his back pocket he flipped open a wallet to show a drivers licence belonging to none other than Ronnie Radke.
“That count?” He cheekily answered, watching as the man’s face flushed with embarrassment.

“So let me guess, you were passing through and happened to spot me?” I mused walking by his side after he had gotten me out of the security guards ‘prison’ which consisted on a small bench really.
Chuckling he shook his head and pointed up to where Omar and Daryl sat cheerily talking eating some cotton candy as if it was a life line.
“Actually I was given a call, mentioned a friend in trouble”
“They were too lazy to get me weren’t they” I mumbled feeling a little lonely at that thought.
“Nah, they had no idea where you ran off too. They freaked out and phoned up Max”
I hadn’t even noticed I gulped until Ronnie stopped to look over his shoulder at me, “Relax Max isn’t here, he phoned me up and said to get my ass down here and find you... then he went on to say something about a thief...”

Muttering some thanks I launched onto Daryl’s back as he began directing us to ‘make a bear’.
Ronnie hung back slightly but still followed behind, his hands stashed away in his pockets as he glared up into the rafters above our heads.
I was glad that Max hadn’t come, I’m sure he would have made my situation worse but somehow having Ronnie show up didn’t make me feel any better.

“So why did you boys phone Max?”
“We were going to phone your mom and dad but then Daryl said they’d kill him, and Rick is at work so Max was the only person left available” Omar piped up, still picking away at his candy.
“Thought he would be trying to suck face with Jennifer” Ronnie teased, poking his head between us.
“Max’s got a girlfriend? Really? Well that rules out my ideas” Daryl mused.
“Actually she’s not his girlfriend” I shot back, “More like his crush of the world...”

Omar laughed at my voice and teased me for a few seconds about how I sounded like a chipmunk before running off towards a little section where he could fill the stuffed bear.
Jumping around in one spot he giggled and pointed before straightening up to full height in an attempt to compose himself.
Too bad that wide grin failed him.
Omar led us around for the next three hours, successfully helping us in building a bear and successfully failing us in making outfits for them.
When it was time to head back home Ronnie had departed rather quickly, a call on his cell phone was the last we heard from him as he took off with a single wave.
Omar seemed used to this so I accepted it as fact and continued my walk with the two overly excited males who continued ranting about nothing in particular on our way home.

===

Arriving inside the hotel room I spotted my mother and father and Rick all sitting on the sofa each looking through some type of wedding book for themes.
My father waved at us as we entered before returning to his work, he was always a workaholic.
Rick gave us a smile and greeted Omar with a hand shake, punching him in the shoulder playfully after Omar let out a joke about two fish in a barrel.

“Tea cup what do you think of a pink theme?” My mother giggled.
“I’m not wearing pink to your wedding no matter how much I love you” I teased taking a seat beside her.
Rick laughed, “That’s two against one Hun, looks like a different color”
Mother sighed heavily and began flipping through the book again, “Well what do you two think?”
“I like the color orange” I shrugged, “But that probably wouldn’t look good as a color theme... why do you need a color theme anyway?”
“Well we’re going to have the table clothes, silverware, decorations, brides maid dresses, wedding invitations” My father added knowingly, “And we want those all to match in some way”
“I like pink” Daryl piped up from behind us.
“You also like purple but this isn’t a Barbie wedding” My father laughed.

Daryl pouted for a few minutes before agreeing reluctantly.
I had noticed from a very young age that Daryl had this personality about him, one that attracted with repelling anyone.
He was an extremely kind man with an idea twenty four seven, he rarely told you something pessimistic and constantly fed you compliments when down.
I don’t have to guess that was a reason my father liked him so much, they brought out the best in each other.
They were like a comedy duo, complimenting each other’s flaws and accomplishments.
I do remember a time when my mother had done that for my father but that was so long ago I couldn’t remember very much of it.
She never hated my dad for how things turned out although it was rather awkward at times; the glances they shared were honest and harsh.
I hated watching it, but now well now mother was happy with Rick and those old looks turned into pleasant smiles.
My father’s straight face broke into a fantastic grin as he began flipping through book and pointing out color all with a pale yellow and cream color which everyone seemed to like.
Rick mentioned a few ideas with incorporating some blue in that mother shot down with a giggle, her face was glowing as the days to her wedding reeled closer.
Omar suggested after awhile for the two of us to head back to my house which I knew currently sported one Max Green.
I’m starting to wonder if I think about him too much.