Bruises in Miniature Form

Musical Brushes

The following morning was hell, now where I got the idea Max was going to maybe give me a head start or a little more time to wake up before starting this game I had no idea but he certainly didn’t waste any time.
I had tried taking a shower only to find no shampoo, conditioner, soap hell I couldn’t even find a towel.
After that I had to simply use those small face clothes to dry off and head back to my room in now wet pyjamas, unfortunately that was where it got worse.
I found all my underwear (bras included) missing, sure I thankfully had pants and a shirt but I was going to end up wearing nothing underneath!
So in a compromise I found one of my shirts with a built in bra but forced to wear nothing with my jeans, quite uncomfortable might I add.
I had then come down for breakfast only to find that every single cup, plate, bowl, silver ware utensil missing which pegged me down to using my mother’s good china which she would have a fit over for later.
All this while I had not found a single trace of the mastermind behind it all and I was thankful, of course though as anyone else would have guessed I shouldn’t have been so thankful since I walked into the living room to find him sitting with his friends and playing with my precious paints.
He had made quick work of practically destroying all my brushes and in the end no matter how much I cleaned them I knew I would need to buy new ones.
After a silent tantrum sent his way I locked myself up in his room before putting on a brave face and sneaking into his room as silently as possible.
Stupid and idiotic ideas, yes, but at least I had one!
So there I was simply standing in the middle of his mess now pulling out each and every single cd from its case and pocketing it.
By the time I finished my pants were being pulled down low showing an embarrassing amount of skin to I quickly resolved by tugging up and holding there with my fingers before scouting the hallway and heading straight to my room.
It wouldn’t be fair to just destroy his cd’s, although he would deserve it, so instead I opened my window and buried them in the little plant holder just hooked on to my window sill.
It was enough that he wouldn’t find them and I knew it was a pretty good idea.
Finishing my burial of the last KISS CD I skipped down to the living room, noticing the smirk Max had on when he glanced to my pants.

“Find your underwear?”
“Find your CDs?” I countered.
His face crumbled within seconds before he was darting up the staircase to his room in a frantic search.
Ronnie laughed heavily from where he sat beside a new boy with bleach bottled blonde hair that held down to his ears, almost pointing out in every direction of his head but still laying limp.
He smiled politely at me and gave a small wave as I waved back.
“Hey Ronnie mind telling Rick and my mom that I went to my friend’s house”
“Oh you got a new friend?” Ronnie mused as we suddenly heard screaming come from upstairs and the pounding feet running back down.
“Yeah Jennifer”
He seemed extremely pleased by this answer as he turned his head to see Max panting heavily near the bottom step, finger shaking as he stared with venom.
“Where the fuck are my CD’s, Newton!”
“Where is my underwear and bras?” I mused back placing my hands gently on my hips.
His eyes narrowed before being replaced by a smug smile, “Wait, are you running away already, come on was that all you could take. Seriously? That’s weak!”
“For your information darling, I’m going to Jennifer’s house; I’m not giving up in the least. In case you haven’t noticed I have no problem missing a shower here, I’ve got dad’s hotel. No problem missing clothes, Jennifer can loan some, plus built in bra. Ahhh the power of woman’s clothing!”

Turning away I moved to the door and whipped it open, stopping for a second to turn and look at the bottled blonde, “Sorry for being rude, I’m Newton, hope to meet you again”
“Name’s Bryan” he waved watching as I left with an amused smile all in its own.

I laughed all the way down the road; I just couldn’t help but feel empowered.
Sure I probably didn’t make any sense just mouthing off to him but I felt good, great even.
I had stood up to Max and shown him I wasn’t going to back down, shown his childish efforts wouldn’t affect me.
Hopefully...
Stopping at a phone booth I quickly dial the number for Jennifer, I wasn’t about ready to walk the whole way to her house with the risk of getting lost.
She answered on the third ring and quickly informed me she would be picking me up in two minutes, getting ready to probably speed down the road.
I waved to her when I saw the white Toyota pull up to the curb, her hands waving me over wildly and excitedly.
Skipping over I took the passenger seat and settled down as she drove off, narrowly missing the sidewalk in her departure.

“Sorry,” She apologises as my head hits the window for a second, “Not used to driving dad’s car. Anyway glad you phoned!”
“Yeah, thought we could catch that movie, if you didn’t mind?” I smiled cheekily.
“Of course I don’t mind!! So you seem awfully peppy this morning, what’s up?”
“Well I made this game thing with Max,” I looked over to gage her reaction and saw her face fall a little bit, “We both decided the loser has to leave”
“Leave what? Las Vegas?” She suddenly gaped.
“No, no, leave Rick’s house” I corrected, “Anyway we’re trying to see who will cave first, this morning I wake up and you won’t believe what he did!”
“Stole your hairbrush?” She mused poking fun at my volume messy filled hair.
“Nope, my shampoo, condition, underwear and bras, the entire kitchens wear AND my paint sets!”
Laughing wildly she brushed strands of hair away from her thin face, the blush creeping over her cheeks as she noticed me watching her, “Why aren’t you pissed then?”
“I stole his CD’s, buried them and acted like he didn’t piss me off at all. I’m just... Je-je I’ve never really stood up to anyone like that before. I’ve always let people get away with a lot and made up some excuse for why they acted that way”
“So he’s growing on yah” She winked.

Chuckling softly I agreed, drumming my fingers on the door as we continued our ride down the roads each keeping up the chatter to fill a museum.
Laughing at the choices playing in the movie theatre at the moment we guessed a random comedy that turned out to be some ugly slasher fic that really held no interest to us as we began throwing popcorn down at the heads below us.
After about five minutes and a few liquorish throwing we were kicked out of the theatre only to begin harassing the people at concession.
Jennifer had decided to try and say things in a high pitched voice the whole time ordering while I relayed everything as fast as I could, twisting my tongue a few times in the process.
The poor teenagers behind the counters were looking confused, rushed and desperate as they tried to get our orders down in time.
Eventually we let them off the hook and skipped arm in arm down to the strip, singing Christmas carols along the way till I was dragged into a candle shop.
I was informed that my new friend had to buy some for her mother in return to borrowing the car which was fine with me since it took a good five minutes of searching and ten minutes of scent testing.
When we made it back to the car we just rested on the hood eating at some ice cream we picked up on our walk by.

“Hey you ever think of putting blue in your hair?” Jennifer asked me, craning her neck to look at me.
“Nah, I like the color and all but I like my caramel better. Makes me think of candy”
“That why you pick it?”
“Actually I picked my hair color ‘cause my dad used to tell me my grandmother had hair like this when she was younger”
“Hey that’s pretty cool. So what are you planning on doing to get back at Max for whatever he plans next, what’s your next movement?”
“Well we aren’t allowed asking for help which sucks since I bet Omar has got some great ideas but I think I might uhm...”
“Check out his room” Jennifer assisted licking at the strawberry cone.
“Hey no helping” I chided while laughing.
“It’s not helping; I just mean if you look at his room I’m sure you can find something to help you”
“I’ve already been in his room, not that much to help me”
“No, no I meant his room at his house not at Rick’s”
♠ ♠ ♠
So it seems I'll be continuing this story here on mibba rather than Quizilla all because the new quizilla is crap.
Although right now mibba is also bugging me with some guidelines that lead me no where fast. So if this continues I'll be over on my ficwad that I haven't touched in a very long time and then everyone can read it.. you know that might be a better idea??
Well there are five more updates I have but won't be posted today, maybe tomorrow if I get around to it.