Bruises in Miniature Form

Rehearsal Ruined?

Wow was I wrong again. Rick’s niece was the most gorgeous, funny and playful girl I’ve ever met.
She had the sleekest brown hair and brilliant blue eyes that sparkled underneath her light makeup.
Her name was Aja and she was probably one of my favourite people attending the wedding.
She made jokes with me about Max, complaining how he spent too much time trying to make himself pretty and smiled whenever I talked about my mother.
Aja even put interest in the life I had previous Las Vegas, and not just the traveling but the life of daily living.

“We should definitely hang out more once Elisa and Rick get married”
Shooting a smile her way I agreed, “As long as Max doesn’t bother me about it”
Looking confused her round face scrunched up into a ball, cheeks flattening as her eyebrows shot up high, “What do you mean?”
“Oh, Max is always around picking fights with me”
“You mean he’s still living with Rick?” She now looked genuinely hurt.
Feeling I had to cover myself I shook my head, “No, he’s just staying with us for awhile”
“I wonder why he didn’t tell me” She mused and looked in his direction where he was currently fuddling with a tie.
“What do you mean?” I asked curiously.
“Well normally he calls me up so he has someone with him whenever his parents leave. Doesn’t like being alone, ya know? That’s why Rick is always letting him have friends over to the house so he doesn’t flip a lid”
“Wait... what?” Max... didn’t like being... alone?
“Yeah,” She nodded her head solemnly, “His parents-“
“Are none of your fucking business” Max’s voice hissed from above us and when looking up I saw his enraged face.
“Why are you looking so mad Max? It’s not like she doesn’t....” Aja started before pausing in her thought, “She doesn’t know...?”
“Know what?” I was curious beyond all belief and was suddenly even more curious as to why Max wanted to be away from this lovely girl.
“None of your business,” Max snapped again before ripping me from my seat, “We’re going home now. See you later Aja”
“But Max, I didn’t know!” she tried calling as I was brutally forced from the hotel and its warm confines to the cold evening air.

Once outside my mind was racing a mile a minute, begging me to put the pieces together before I lost one.

His parents are always away on business trips...
It’s a whole different world with Max...
Avoid Max, don’t go near him...
Check out his room.


All these clues from so many different people and none seemed to give me the right hint; or rather none like the last.
‘Check out his room’, something Jennifer had told me to help give me ideas for pushing him out.
Why had I never made time to just go to his home?
Surely Rick had a key somewhere, and surely I could find some weird hidden secret that Max wants kept safe and secure.

Stumbling on the sidewalk I pulled Max into a stop and locked eyes with his furious blue ones, “I can’t leave the rehearsal without letting someone know”
“They’ll figure it out”
“I’m not freaking my mother out” I huffed.
“Learn to live on the edge!” He snapped.
“I do!” I lamely countered.
“Oh yea, that moon tattoo is definitely living on the edge” he mocked me and triggered my memory of when he had stolen my towel.
Rolling my eyes I folded my arms across my chest and began curling my caramel hair loosely through my fingers, “Why would you want me to go anywhere with you anyway?”
“If you don’t want to come then don’t!” His eyes darkened considerably underneath his feminine eyelashes.
“I’ll come” I responded softly when his chest heaved and fists clenched.

Walking with him around the hotel’s grounds we kept our silence between us and heads pointed straight.
I yearned to look sideways at Max and discover the emotions he displayed and radiated.
Flexing my fingers I began counting the cracks in the pavement, a total of seventy three before Max spoke up.
His voice was casual but pained, reluctance evident by the way he cleared his throat every few words and clucked his tongue at the end.

“I’m fine being alone you know, Aja doesn’t know anything about me”
“So then what’s the truth?”
“I’m with Rick ‘cause my parents are out in business, I’ve told you this a million times. Stop being so stupid”
Groaning I threw my hands into the air and shook my pointer finger at him, “I’m not stupid! And stop treating me like I am! You asked me to come with you, don’t be so rude about it!”
“Then stop acting like it!”
“Why are you always picking fights with me? I’ve never fought with anyone like this! Why are you just so... infuriating?”
“If you can’t handle it, get lost” He ordered with aggressive eyes.
“Fine!” I screamed and spun away on my heel.

A few guests were looking up at me as I passed, probably wondering why in earth I was screaming at the black haired idiot behind me.
I was making an awful scene that I prayed my mother wouldn’t have to deal with; I just couldn’t handle being insulted daily for no reason.
Stomping into the dining hall I moved over to my mother to request a ride home.
She was talking animatedly with many friends and loose family members, none of which I even really remembered but recalled in the past.
Tapping her shoulder I waited for my mother to finish speaking, rocking on my heels patiently until I was brought from my reverie by a strong yank that had me tumbling onto my back.
Crashing to the floor the attention of the guests spun to me, eyes that made me feel uncomfortable and the quick questions of my safety.
Looking up I saw Max standing above me, hand reaching out for me to grasp.

“Are you kidding me!?” I yelled now edging over the line that would have me tackling him to the floor and knocking some sense into him.
“You tripped, you okay?” He asked simply, and still out stretched for me.
“You fucking pulled me down!” I screamed and tried to avoid looking at my embarrassed mother.
“Newton Teresa Jasper! Do not use such foul language!”
Glaring at Max I pushed up to my feet and clenched my jaw, “Why do you always push me around?”
“What are you talking about?” Max feigned innocence and looked to my mother for help.
“Newton, I’d like to talk to you outside” Rick spoke up from behind my mother where he appeared once I started yelling.
“No. I want a damn answer. What is your problem with me?” I huffed at Max.
“Newton your embarrassing me, please go with Rick” My mother urged, hands grabbing my shoulders and pulling me away from striking Max down.
“Why doesn’t he go away huh? Why should I have to!?” I cried and blinked back my watery eyes.
“Newt, you okay?” Max one more plastered on a fake expression.
“Stop calling me that! My name is Newton!” Over reacting? Yes.
“Okay, Newton. Why don’t you just go with Rick?” Does he deserve it? Yes.
“I’m not going anywhere till you tell me why you’re picking on me so much! What have I done to make you hate me?”
“Okay, that’s enough” The voice of Daryl spoke which was quickly followed by a rush of wind over my face and the dizzying effect of being swung up onto a shoulder.

“Put me down!” I yelled as Daryl headed towards the front door.
“Take some deep breaths” Daryl told me as he pushed the bottom for the elevator.
Taking the orders I stared over Daryl’s shoulder in time to see Rick charging towards us.
Stepping inside the elevator Daryl dropped me to my feet and held me inside, pressing a button to take us up to the fifth floor.
“Daryl I want to talk to-“ Rick called until Daryl held his hand up firmly.
“I’m sorry Rick but right now Newton doesn’t need someone yelling in her face. Give us some time to talk”
Defeated Rick released the air from his chest and vanished behind the metal doors.
Standing quietly I finally realised the effect of my outburst and let the guilt set in properly, “I just ruined my mom’s rehearsal didn’t I?”
“Don’t worry about it kiddo. I was wondering when you were going to snap” Daryl spoke to me with a faint smile.
“Max ruins everything” I grumbled as if there was a foul taste in my mouth.
Patting my back Daryl squirmed in his suit and cast a look at the changing numbers, “Your going camping with him still right? I’ve got an idea for you”
“I’m not going camping with that prick!”
“You’re down fall then ‘cause there’s a good way to get back at him”
“He’s ruining my life Daryl” I managed to sigh out before sinking to the floor of the elevator.
“Only if you let him darling, only if you let him”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooo, is this an update? WHY YES IT IS!!
Dedicated to thispicture for her jab that got me to update this story quickly : D

Did you know all nighters are wretched when you have to work in the morning?
But oh so worth it when you get to see Nic sleeping under your feet... *sigh*

I've also stolen his now ex-girlfriend's name, Aja here. Oops? I like her name though... good thing I didn't base the character off her too much though or little Newton would have problems :D
Alas though Max is a problem all on his own... Two more and we'll be visiting the wedding and onto CAMPING!!

I like camping in cars... anybody else?

Oh and as a last note, I've got an Alex Gaskarth and Oli Sykes story floating about on my computer, think I should post one of 'em soon? and if so which one?