Bruises in Miniature Form

The blow up's decision

I had been with Daryl for what felt like two hours but was actually a small total of twenty minutes.
He was frustrated at my lack of plotting against Max as in his words ‘Any teenage girl would kill for these revenge tactics!’ rang out repeatedly.
I just wasn’t interested in revenge on Max; I was more focused in smashing his simplistic face against a fridge door.
Daryl was pacing the small hotel room while my father stood at the door calming down the angry figure I believed to be my mother.
Max had successfully made me out the bad guy, something I was definitely not known for.
In all my life I can admit, I was that girl that baked cookies for her neighbours, helped old ladies across the street and always made sure to and homework in on time.
I was polite and courteous, two traits my mother adored as I grew up but somehow those two traits had transferred to ignorant and selfish.

“She is my daughter and I will talk to her!” My mother screamed, making Daryl wince.
“She is my daughter too and if you weren’t so busy with the wedding you would see she is unhappy here! I told you that you should have let her live with me!” My father snapped back.
“So busy with the,?” My mother gaped before the door was pushed aside so her hands could grab a hold of his coat, “You’ve helped me with this wedding, Newton has never had a problem with me getting remarried. Do you? Cause you didn’t seem to when you flung yourself at another. A man of all things!”

Daryl’s back suddenly went rigid and I felt my veins burst with anger that had been held inside all throughout their divorce.
My parents never once argued and made their separation messy, they had kept calm and made friends for everyone’s benefit.
Mom had welcomed Daryl in as if he was always there and never complained about them to anyone, not even herself.
Yet somehow Max had caused this!
He was the reason my parents were finally fighting, the reason Daryl felt like the home-wrecker, the reason I had lost my morals and the reason why no one felt happy.

“I think Newton should come live with me,” My father spoke hoarsely as if a frog had jumped down his throat and made him parched.
“Are you saying you want full custody?” My mother seethed.
Shaking his head out my father turned to me, “She is old enough to decide who she wants to be with. I would never take your child from you Elisa, but I want what’s best”
Lowering hey eyes my mother flung her arms up in the air and signalled her defeat, “I want you to come downstairs and apologise to the guests for your outburst, then I want you to find Max and apologise as well. If you want to live with your father, that’s fine, but you will do as I say”
“Yes mother” I grumbled and watched her go.
“Clark... do you really think it’s the best thing if she moves in with us? Not that I don’t love you hunny but we’re travelling a lot” Daryl added quickly, a sympathetic look crossing is features.
“I should go do as mom says” I heaved out and left the room to my father’s thoughts.

I had a feeling this would slowly become a subject that got on everyone’s nerves until talked about in therapy.
Taking the elevator quickly I waited patiently until I was back downstairs, to the place I had previously made an embarrassing situation all thanks to a jerk in tight pants.
I apologised to the people I passed, not really wanting another big scene even if it was in the best intentions.
My mother was again latched to Rick’s side, but her brows were knitted together.
In all my years I had never actually seen my mother so upset, especially with me.
She was a bubbling figure that loved to keep a smile on everyone’s face.
It only served to make me feel that much worse when I knew it was because of my outburst, but that also strengthened my goal of face planting that ridiculous Green into the floor.

“Rick’s been comforting your mom for awhile, what exactly did you do to her?” The self indulgent male spoke behind me.
Turning on my heel my fists clenched and spine straightened until I was my full height, “Don’t you think you’ve ruined enough?”
Grinning Max shrugged his shoulders and gave a little wave to Rick and my mother, “Ruined? I’ve ruined nothing. You were the one who flipped out”
“Because you tripped me! You constantly provoke me into these situations”
Lowering his blue eyes to me Max smiled and stepped closer, lowering his voice to a mere whisper that my ears strangled to catch, “All part of the game”

And then it made sense.

“You seriously did all that just to get me out of my house!?” I hissed.
“There’s no rules against turning you against yourself, unless of course you’re planning on making more rules up”
“You know what Max, I’m going to get even with you, and when I do you’ll never be allowed to step foot on Rick’s property ever again! You’ll fucking wish you never messed with me!”

And I was damn near certain by the end of this I would see Max Green cry!
Or at least never see him again, both options are good.
Stomping up to the hotel room once more I poked my head through, careful to not walk into any conversations taking place.

“Hey Daryl?”
“Yes?”
“What was your idea for camping again?”

You are going to cry Max Green, you’re going to cry!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone liked the update?
I came home after having a horrible day (Guys break hearts, even the ones who don't mean to) and finished it. I'm excited for writing out the camping scene, and it seems so it everyone else! haaha. :D
I'm glad.

Image

P.S my 'H' button sticks, I do try to go over and fix this but if there is any that escaped my poor eyesight....ignore it... :D