Bruises in Miniature Form

Wedding Maddness; Bathroom... Stalls?

My Grandpa was the greatest person in the world, there was just no proper words to describe what the loveable old coot could do for you.
I mean, sure he has that old person smell and is always commenting on the laziness of today’s youth, but he was still the only person who could make you smile after a horrible week.
Unfortunately my mother didn’t see it this way as they were currently fighting.
That’s right; my mother is fighting with her father in her wedding dress, on her wedding day with five minutes left to walk down the aisle.

“Come on you two, let’s just settle down?” Daryl tried soothing them, eyes worried and fingers keeping my mother steady in her gown and heels.
“Now listen to someone for once! Maybe if you weren’t so spoiled you’d be ready by now” My grandfather huffed.
“Spoiled!? I am not spoiled! I invited you because Newton, my own daughter, refused to come to my wedding unless you were here!”
“That’s what spoiled is!” He cried again.
Daryl practically sunk to the ground as my mother threw her hands into the air and socked the side of his head, “Why can’t you let me be happy?”
“You were happy! With Clark!”

Frowning I tugged at my dress and moved closer to the argument, placing a gentle and on my grandfathers shoulder to instruct him to stop.
It was only then that their feuding stopped and my mother sat down in her seat dryly.
The mirror reflected her saddened face and the highlights in her hair, making her glow radiantly.

“I am happy with Rick. Clark is still in my life, but as a friend. Daddy, please, just walk me down the aisle, one last time?”
“Please grandpa?” I added, hoping my pout would do some justice as it had when I was five.
“I want Newton to come visit me every month” My grandpa clarified, crossing his arms and straightening his back.
“We can arrange that” My mother whispered.
“And this Rick fellow should bring her”

The light seemed to bounce around her eyes once more as my mother got up to hug him tightly.
My grandpa was not one for settling very often unless it was on his terms, and any offer he laid out for compromise was rather rare.
But I knew my grandpa loved my mother and to see her shine so brightly at his final acceptance made me realise today would turn out fine.Except for tomorrow...
Shaking my head I ridded the thoughts of the camping trip, not wanting to be anywhere near Max, especially in the outdoors where he can get away with ‘losing’ me.
Smiling at Daryl I watched him leave the room to announce us, letting the halls settle and the music start before the bridesmaids began walking.
I rushed to my place in line and began walking slowly down; eyes looking up when an arm hooked through my right and feet matched my pace.

“Do you have everything packed for tomorrow?” Max whispered.
“Shut up and smile” I seethed from the corner of my mouth as my mouth plastered wide.
“Don’t be so bitchy” Max joked and smiled when a camera flash went off.
“Don’t be so cocky” I shot back and departed from him quickly to stand on the left.

Looking back at the aisle my skin shivered delightfully as I watched my mother and grandfather walk down the aisle together.
Taking a glance at Rick I felt even happier as his eyes never wavered from her.
I think it was my favourite part of the whole wedding, watching the look on Rick’s face as he stared adoringly at my mother.
When they reached their places the music shut off and the ordained minister began her speech, voice booming loudly over the hushed crowd.
I didn’t even remember having all these relatives.
Once Grandpa was back in his seat I seemed to tune out the rest of the wedding, just staring at the happy faces around me and smiling at my mother’s bliss.
Camera flashes kept going off in my eyes but I remained focused as Rick kissed my mother lightly and everyone began clapping.
We all waited as they signed their papers before exiting just as we entered, waving goodbye to everyone as we left to the cars to change for the rest of the night.
I wasn’t actually getting out of my dress and so I simply lagged behind after I was out of the cameras lens, ducking into the room my mother had prepared herself in to find Max hunched over a chair.

“What are you doing?” I hissed at him, closing the door behind me.
Jerking up he bumped his head on the chair’s metal sidings and cussed loudly.
“Don’t go ‘round scaring me like that!” He hissed and whined at the bump that was sure to follow.
“What are you doing alone in here?” I repeated, ignoring is injury for the better part.
Eyeing me with his blue eyes Max waved loose finger at me to come closer, bending down once more to what I now realised to be Ronnie’s guitar case.
“We have to be ready for the rehearsal for your mom, right? I stashed it in here for quick use”
“And Ronnie won’t be pissed you did that?”
“Why would he be pissed?” he quirked a brow.
“Oh you know, someone stealing it?”
Max laughed at my suggestion and lifted the case up as he got to his feet, “Hurry your ass up, and don’t stutter this time. It’s bad enough during practice”

Scowling at his back I quickly stalked behind him until we got to the large dining hall, smiling politely at all the guests and waving frantically once I spotted Omar, Jennifer, Ronnie and Bryan.
Ronnie was his usual idiotic self as he stuck his thumbs up and waggled his tongue once Max and I were up on the small stage.
It took only a few seconds that I didn’t even pay attention to for Max to get everything set up and to take his place beside me.

“Has Daryl given the signal to start playing yet?” Max asked in frustration, head bent down as he twisted the gold knobs to tune the guitar.
It was times like this that made me wish he was nice and would actually teach me something without mocking me for it.
“Not yet. Chill out”
“I am chill. Chill like a pop sickle”
“One that’s past its due date” I mumbled helplessly.
“I am not pregnant!” Max scowled, eyes big and round.
“Were.... were we just joking?” I blinked rapidly after the process finally entered through my brain.
“Daryl’s signalling,” Max ignored me, “Shut up and sing”

I so desperately wanted to tell him if I shut up than I wouldn’t be able to sing but my mother was walking down the aisle again.
Her smile was big and wide as her and Rick waved and greeted everyone, finally moving in to celebrate properly.
I felt a sharp prod in my side when I stuttered again, glaring in aggravation at Max who plucked the strings effortlessly.
The song felt over too soon when Max strummed the last chord, placing the guitar back into its case and busying himself with whatever he had to do.
My mother waved me over then, hand tied with Rick’s as if she never wanted to let go.

“I’m going to congratulate mom, you need any help with anything?” I offered to the black haired male behind me.
“Go” He ordered quietly, his voice sounding hormonal.

Shrugging it off I made my way to my mother to give her a quick hug, getting intercepted along the way with a quick kiss from Jennifer who beamed and babbled about how well I had done.
“I really don’t think I was that good” I blushed, trying to avoid looking around to see if anyone noticed her kiss me.
“Yes you were!! Damn it Newton, you were fabulous. The stutter was cute too... Oh and sorry”
“Sorry?”
“For kissing you just now, I couldn’t help it,” She smiled bashfully, “Damn I wish I was your type”
I laughed and patted her shoulder, “So do I”
Grinning at each other we linked arm and ran to catch my mother, both spewing our best wishes to her and Rick.
“So I have finally met Jennifer,” My mother grinned cheekily, “It’s very nice to have you here”
“It was so nice of you to let me come!” Jennifer added, “It was a beautiful wedding”
“Thank you” Rick added and kissed my mother affectionately.
“Oh! And thank you and Max for singing that for us” My mother added before she had a chance to forget.
“I messed up a bit” I shrugged it off.
“Newton!! NEWTON! NEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWTON! Hey, did you know we could just call you New, or Newbie, or Net, or like... Hey Rick! Mrs Jasper, er, Mrs Carring now I guess?” Ronnie’s voice bubbled loudly.
“Whatever you like Ronnie,” My mom chuckled softly, “Now what is it you need?”
“Was wondering if any of you have seen Max? He vanished like right after you two played”

“Have you checked the bathroom?” Jennifer suggested helpfully.
“Omar checked”
“Dressing rooms?”
“Roberts.. oh! Maybe he’s with Robert...”
“Robert came?” Rick looked confused at this name.
“Oh, was that the boy with the long curly hair?” My mother asked, “Such a sweet boy”
Rick chuckled and nodded, “That’s him. He brought me the aviator glasses. Hasn’t been in town much lately though, has he?”
“Nope. Grandma was constantly getting sick, but he made it back. He promised to be here for camping after all” Ronnie added.
“Who is Robert?” I felt confused, though the name rang a bell in my mind.
“I’ll show you, come on” Ronnie quickly grabbed my hand without permission and began dragging me off.

“Whoa! Slow down, will yah?”
“Nope” Ronnie smirked at me before pushing open the door to the boy’s restroom.
“Ronnie!! I can’t go in there!” I shrieked as my feet were forced over the line and into the tiled floors.
“It’s just a bathroom” Max’s voice spoke up, echoing out from behind a stall.
“What the fuck dude, you were in here the whole time?” Ronnie cried.
“Yup!” Max laughed and exited the stall.
“We wanted to banish you so we could make evil plans for camping” A new voice spoke, belonging to who I guessed was Robert.
As my mother had stated he had long curly brown hair, a smile tugging at his lips and a heavy leather jacket adorning his frame.
Like everyone else he was skinny and wore those tight jeans, though he at least had on dress shoes and a buttoned up shirt underneath the leather.

“You must be Teresa?” He asked pleasantly.
“Newton actually, Teresa is my middle name. Feel free to use it though” I corrected.
“Will do” he bobbed his head lightly.
“So what time are we leaving tomorrow?” Ronnie spoke up towards Max.
“Probably eight”
“Seven,” I corrected again, eyeing the tiles still for fear of a relative walking in to find me.
“Why are you looking at the ground?” Robert asked.
“Too chicken to see what the male’s bathroom looks like” Max proudly guessed.
“Screw you! I am not!”
Max laughed in my face, puffing his chest up, “You’re too goody-goody to break any sort of rules. Even if it’s an unwritten one!”
Bringing my face up to his I glared before something blared out at me, “Your getting help”
“Excuse me?” He scoffed.
“To get me to move out! Your getting help!” I cried and pointed a finger in his chest.
“Wow, they do bicker like a married couple” Robert gaped, straightening his jacket and fanning his face.
Ronnie laughed at his remark and prodded his shoulder, “That must mean we’re the parents, Robert dear. Now go fetch me a beer!”
Glaring over at the two Max flicked the hair from his face before answering me, “So what if I get a little help here and there. The point is, I live my life. I don’t hide behind my mommy and daddy”
“Because you don’t have one!” I accidentally shouted, biting my tongue the minute everyone’s laughter ceased and Ronnie’s face clouded in anger.

I didn’t quite realise that situation I would put myself into before the words were blurted from my mouth, of course I was now fretting over them.
Ronnie looked like an enraged bull, his fists clenching and teeth grinding as he stared me down to take back every letter.
Robert was frowning so deeply I could instantly tell he grew a sudden dislike towards my very being.
Though it was Max who was surprising in this situation, just standing limply there with small eyes.

“You always do this,” I found myself muttering, “You piss me off to the point I just lash out and I always make things worse for myself. I’m sick of apologising to you, but I always end up feeling so much worse...”
Max then took steps towards me until he was towering over my frame, eyes burning at my skin and mouth pulled tight.
“I have parents, thank you very fucking much. I don’t know what the hell you think you know, but it’s nothing! You’re just a stupid girl”
“I think it’s time the kids take their corners” Robert blurted and pushed between us, large hands holding us at bay, “Guys, don’t make any more stress. I’ve got a lot to deal with, and people need friends, so be friends”

It didn’t seem to matter what Robert chose to say, because I guaranteed both Max and I felt pure hatred towards each other.
How could I just be friends with him after all I attempts I previously made were shoved in my face?
I did my best to be nice to Max and I was still paying for it.
What else was I supposed to do?
Run around the world in bare feet?

Shaking my head out I picked at my hair, “I’m not going to be nice to you anymore Max. I’ve tried, you only throw it in my face. If you want to be friends, you make the damn effort”
With that I exited the bathroom and hunted to find Jennifer for a quick ‘help me bury Max in a toilet’ strategy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh crap this took forever to post!!!
Saturday I got to FINALLY see Fall Out Boy play. Must say; AMAZING, but Stump, never wear that damn wig ever again. Ever. Seriously.
And Hey Monday surprised me, I'm definitely liking their music now, it's not too bad.
Metro Station was wild and last but not least, All Time Low.

I love Alex even more now, yup, that I do. Jack is THE greatest guy who seriously needs a big giant fangirl section all alphabetically labeled and Rian and Zack know where its at :P

Gabe twas' sick so I couldn't see Cobra again, hope he feels better soon.

Yup, yup, so because of that I've actually been drowning myself in writing more of my (soon-to-be-posted) Alex story, playing my damn Sims 2 game (which really shouldn't be allowed to be this addictive) and working/homework.
My boss is abusive. O.o
He told me this story about finding worms in this hershey bar five years back, they sent him coupons and explained they're allowed a certain percentage of WORMS in the fucking CHOCOLATE.
I don't care if it was true or not, Hershey has become crossed off my list.... *shudder*

NEXT ONE IS CAMPING! WOOT!
And thank you to anyone who had read this whole memo thing. P.S on word this whole chap was Four and a half pages long. Woo. Broke a sweat :P