Bruises in Miniature Form

Trent Wilson

Trent Wilson.
The boy every girl meets and falls in love with.
The epitome of ‘boy-next-door’, and the favourite person at your family’s gatherings.
He was also the first person I thought of when going to sleep and the first person I wished was there the minute I opened my eyes.
Hearing his name roll off Max’s tongue was like dropping into a pool of fresh water when your covered in dirt.
It was easy to tell I was a lovesick fool when it came to Trent, though the situation was much more complicated than a girl in love.
I assumed Max simply knew about Trent from when he first barged into my life, flipping through my diary and picking out the name of the boy I pined over.
Of course, I wasn’t sure what Max knew of Trent as there were many things I had written about that boy. All personal.
I just didn’t know where to start when it came down to it and so I took the path most troubled people take;

“Who?”
“Thought we were gonna try the friend thing?” Max mocked me with a roll of his eyes, “Friends share things”
“Uhm... I’m.. surprised you...”
“Remembered him from your diary, right? It was pretty hard not to. You whined about him in every single page”
“Whined? I didn’t whine”
Max chuckled at me before pitching his voice in an what I assumed her believed attempt to sound like me, “Trent snuck over last night! Oh I wish he would never leave. He’s soooo gorgeous”
The boys laughed while I scowled, “I don’t sound like that”
“Anyway, what’s up with him? Pop the cherry?”
My face flushed immediately, “That’s none of your business! Don’t be so crude!”
“fair enough,” Max raised his hands in surrender, “So was he your boyfriend or something?”
“No. He was just... a crush”

But a crush couldn’t even begin to explain my feelings for one Trent Wilson.
The boy was like shade on a hot summer day, water in a desert and charming as can be.

“You sound like a love sick fairy” Omar voiced, opening a can of soda.
“Love sick fairy? Are you on drugs?” Robert asked, quirking his eye brows, “She just sounds like a girl”
“Gee, thanks guys” I rolled my eyes at their antics.
“No problem” Omar and Robert answered in sync.

I leaned to my side on Max’s shoulder, punching his knee lightly and grinning when he jolted up straight.
He muttered a few words to me that went unnoticed to the watchful eyes ofhis our friends, I assumed they were waiting for us to start fighting again.
Or make out...
Max allowed me to lean into his body, not making much of a fuss though I could tell he already had a slew of words planned had we not been on ‘friend’ terms.
The atmosphere between us was comfortable and I levelled that down to our sudden understanding.
I’d be patient with Max and I would try to accept him into my life as best I could.

“So much for trying to kick you out of the house” Max sighed suddenly.
My head perked up then, my mind running over the deal we both had become so adamant about winning.
Kicking each other out, breaking each other.
“Way to not sound upset about that” I rolled my eyes.
Max gave me a toothy smile then, “It’s easy to push your buttons. I would’ve won too”
“Oh yeah?” I swear, I wasn’t saying this to start a fight, I was just curious! I swear!
“Yah” He answered lamely.
I bit down on my bottom lip, repeating the mantra of ‘don’t say it’ to stop myself from putting us back into the hate zone.
Max noticed my immediately discomfort and broke into a laugh, “You should see your face”
Swallowing the air into my lungs I breathed a mental sigh at my brain, thankful to Max for changing the subject so I wouldn’t feel obligated to spit comebacks.
“Did you ever date this Trent Wilson?”
Now I wasn’t so grateful Max changed the subject, “Well... not really”
“Oh, so he was one of those guys” He nodded to himself, black shaggy hair falling into his face.
“What do you mean?” My face screwed up.
“The type of guy who knows how a girl feels about them, but instead of letting them down easy or backing off they trick them into doing whatever they want. It’s one of those ‘good girls go bad’ type things”
“He cared about me” I spat defensively and watched Max raise his eyebrows.
“Then where is he now?”

A note in the bottle that’s swimming away...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its short, this was the only way I could get it out.
It's 4am and I'm wide awake. I spent the day sick (And watching Narnia 2. I kept imagining Caspian as William Beckett to make him goodlooking. It worked) so here I am :D

Everything else will get updated later. For I have good news!
I only have 6 more projects for my SS course and then I will be finished, no worries, back to writing diligently....

Also, props to anyone who can guess where I got Trent's whole name from.
Hint: First and Last name came from two seperate areas. Watch that hint just cause more confusion. Bwahahaha!