Bruises in Miniature Form

The faces he makes

Swatting at the hand that poked my cheek repeatedly, I curled my body closer to the heated lump beside me.
I refused to open my eyes and let the light in, no matter how persistent the person poking me was.
Swatting once more I heard skin connect against skin and felt the painful sting of contact as Max began cussing me out.

“You’re making my arm go numb, just get up” Max huffed finally, shaking the pain out of his hand.
“No,” I grumbled, “It’s your own fault, anyway”
With a quick movement from Max’s end I found myself thrown to the floor, whining about my tumble as he began to stretch comfortably over my sheets.

“Prick” I cried, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.
Max laughed as he rolled onto his side to stare at me, “Glad you haven’t forgotten your place”
“I’m going to pretend you didn’t say that, now get out of my bed!”

Max continued to ignore me like usual, pulling a blanket up over his head as he began mumbling about going back to sleep.
Annoyed I climbed back up onto my bed and ripped the blankets down, tugging the pillow out from underneath his head.
Smiling up at me, Max flipped us over quickly and began smothering me with the pillow I had previously taken from him.
Soon Max had me laughing as his fingers attached to my sides, his knees pinning me down and keeping me from moving anywhere.
Desperately I tried pulling his hands from my skin, begging him to stop before I had to wet myself.

“Having fun?” Rick’s voice called from the door, stopping Max from his ministrations for a moment.
“Yah, I think so” He answered cheekily.
“No!” I gasped for breath, batting at Max’s hands that continued to hold me.
Rick entered the room slowly, “Alright Max, time to release. Newton’s got some visitors”
“Visitors? Is Jennifer here?”
“Nope, the Wilson’s”

I swear my heart just stopped, especially at the look Max just gave me.
“Like... Trent Wilson?”
Rick nodded slowly, “That’s the son. You know him Max?”
“What’s he doing here?” I asked Rick, clasping my fingers around Max’s wrists as I felt him inch upwards.
“Olivia called your mother; they got chatting and decided to catch up. They just got here”
“Trent’s here...” I whispered to myself, stuck on repeat.
Rick nodded once more before excusing himself down stairs, leaving us with the uncomfortable silence.
Max avoided my stare for a few moments before coming to some sort of decision, getting up from his place above me and holding a hand out to me, “Looks like he’s here now, huh?”
Nodding I remained still on my bed, “I think we should stay up here. Please?”
Max raised his eyebrows at me before sitting down at the foot of my bed, “what did he do to you, Newton?”
Breathing deeply to fill my lungs I carefully avoided the subject, “Never mind, let’s go down”

For once I wasn’t stopped from heading towards Trent Wilson, instead I was goaded into it and now there stood the boy who meant so much more than words to me.
He looked so different, yet so very much the same from when I last saw him.
His once blonde hair dyed a crisp black, layered neatly upon his oval head.
I waved pathetically at him when he turned his attention on me, sending me a charming smile that could disarm a bomb.

“Hi” I nervously forced out, but regretted it quickly after.
I couldn’t believe after everything that happened between us I say ‘hi’.
The first words I’d been dying to pick come out as a simple ‘hi’.
“Hi” He shot back with a silly grin, stepping forward to envelope me in a tight hug.
It was in that hug that I felt my body melt into his, my arms winding around his waist quickly so as to not fall.
“I missed you” I breathed.
“You look just the same as when I last saw you. I’m glad, I was worried”
My heart skipped a beat at his words, my face flushing on its own accord.
“So you must be Trent Wilson” Max spoke up behind us.
Turning my head while still in Trent’s grasp I stared blankly at Max whose arms were crossed and brows furrowed.
“That would be me” Trent chuckled and pulled away from my reluctant hold.

I watched the two eyeball each other before gentlemanly shaking hands, still staring the other down.
My head felt like a jumbled mess as I stared at the two boys trying to make nice, I could tell by the way Max bit his lip ring that he was holding the urge to fight.
He was always one to start fights, he enjoyed being powerful and in control.
Trent unfortunately was just the same, hating when someone else was on top and ahead.
Their personalities were definitely going to clash, it was just the question of when and which one would snap first.

“So, I’m guessing Teresa has talked about me a lot?”
Crossing his arms once more, Max grinned, “Actually, she hasn’t said a word. I just found out from her mother”
Pursing his lips Trent glanced back at me, “Ah. Well that’s a surprise”
What the hell was Max doing!?
“Um, maybe we should go visit everyone else?”
“Nah, I think I’d like to catch up with you Teresa. How about we go for a walk?” Trent smiled warmly at me.
“Newt, should probably stay here. I think Rick wanted her to help with something anyway” Max butted in, glaring at Trent.
“Oh nonsense, Teresa has always been able to make up her own mind. She can help later. Come, show me around?”
Switching glances between the two I struggled to make my decision, it was obvious that if I went with Trent I would be dealing with an angry Max later.
But if I didn’t go with Trent I’d be dealing with two upset mothers and an annoyed Trent.
“It’s alright Max; I’ll just show Trent around and be back before anyone notices”
Max narrowed his pretty blue eyes at me before stomping away, vanishing behind the kitchen wall.
“You’re not dating... that... are you?” Trent asked me quietly once he was sure Max was gone.
“NO!” I interjected quickly, eyes as wide as golf balls.
Grinning Trent took a hold of my hand and led us towards my front door, “Good. You had me worried there for a second”
“Worried?”
Trent smiled sweetly at me before leaning down to press his familiar lips to mine, bringing back the millions of emotions I felt whenever around this perfect boy.
...So why didn’t his lips feel so perfect like back then?
Why was I missing the cold metal piece against my lips instead of warm skin?
Pulling back from Trent I glanced over my shoulder to see Max, “You guys better hurry up”
“Right. Thanks man!” Trent chuckled, pulling me from my home.
Except now I just can’t get rid of that look on Max’s face as we left.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can FINALLY write again! I can't even begin to describe how pleased I am to be able to return to my passions.
As not many of you have been informed and are probably going, 'huh?'. I got put onto some medications that ended up doing more harm than good for my brain and resulted in me being unable to form sentences, do proper math (which I already sucked at, so you can only imagine how bad it went from there) and numerous other issues. Thankfully my Dr. took me off and is switching me to something else.
I'm hoping desperately that my new medication will not have the same result, but who knows. So I'm taking what I can and cranking out as many updates as I can so you all wont be left with nothing if it does happen.

You also probably expected this to happen, and admittedly I was planning for Trent to enter much later but I figured now was a good time. And no, he won't be leaving as soon as you might hope. Lemme' know what you think of him.

Also! Thank you for the birthday wishes. Its weird to be eighteen. But I'm loving my new tattooes, which will have pictures posted of very soon. Thanks for sticking with me, my lovely readers. I do ever so much adore you.