Bruises in Miniature Form

The accomplishment. The End.

In the evening sun I let myself graze on my front lawn, sunglasses perched atop my face before a shadow was casted over me. Blinking my eyes open I squinted up at the figure of Max, staring at his shaded blue eyes that seemed distorted for my vision.
He was smiling none the less as he climbed down beside me, nuzzling into my shoulder with a sigh. After he had finished yelling at his parents, I discovered the awful truth of Max’s life by his own father’s harsh words. Mr Green had yelled loud enough to pop my eardrums, bellowing that Max was an unwanted child and had ruined his life. I knew it crushed him to pieces but his mother stood strong and demanded her husband to shut his mouth, tears dripping down her flushed face.
I felt bad for being the cause but the relief that seemed to suddenly appear over Max’s face was enough to let me know I was right. No party could fix Max’s state of mind; he needed to hear whatever it was that set up a wall between his family and himself. After all the screaming died down I was stunned by the final words uttered from Max, and nearly knocked unconscious by the smile that curved his lips afterwards.

“No, you’re not good enough, dad.

Shutting my eyes for a moment I allowed myself to roll over and into his arms, draping my own over his waist. Max felt loose in my arms, his back no longer straight and his muscles clenched in whatever worried he held. I’m sure there were more issues I hadn’t heard between Max and his parents, more things to uncover, but I figured that wasn’t my business yet, that he deserved the reprieve he had for now before digging any deeper into his mysterious past.

“Talked to Trent lately?” He whispered against my shoulder.
Shaking my head I glanced up into his eyes, “No, and I won’t. I don’t need him in my life, Max”
“Not like you need me” he teased.
“I don’t think I’ll ever need anyone the way I need you,” I admitted, “but don’t you dare let that go to your head”

Max snorted and pressed a kiss to my cheek, narrowly missing my lips. He pressed a few more to my cheek before I finally titled my head and caught his lips with my own. We moved in synch and soon enough Max was draped over me, hands gripping my waist and fingers digging into my revealed skin. My hands hung over his shoulders when I freed them from his waist, careful not to knock my elbows into his face and cause a painful situation.
Naturally my right knee came up to rest against his hip, letting him slide between my legs with ease and pressing half of his weight onto my own. He pulled away from my lips for a quick breath of air, resting against my forehead as a cheek grin wound itself on my feature.

“Well, well, well. This is a new situation”
My cheeks burned at the insinuation, the memory still fresh in my mind even though it nearly drove me to another panic attack. “Shut up”
He laughed gently, his breath fanning out across my face, “Thank you Newton”
“Anything for you”
“Oh, anything...?” The blush on my cheeks deepened and I turned my face away from him. “What about...”

He trailed off quietly before pressing a kiss to my neck, nipping lightly at my skin. “The only thing I need from you, is you”
“You already have me” I answered smoothly, and pressed my lips against his.
“Good... now get that ass moving, we have to meet the guys” with a quick slap to my hip he was up and walking leisurely across my lawn, hands stuffed down into his tight jeans.

With a wide grin and purpose I leaned up and stared after his retreating figure. The sunlight was fading fast, though the sky never seemed to darken here. His figure was still perfectly depicted, with the highlights of sun and shadow. With a quick glance he paused, standing still like a model as he looked over my shoulder to stare at me. A genuine smile crossed his lips as he brought a hand up, holding it out to me and calling me to his side.
That image would forever stay in my mind and without a doubt I ran straight to his form, tackling his waist in a hug before waddling with him down the road. He pressed a long kiss to my temple, smiling down at me before we both began nudging each other into the road with laughter bubbling up from our throats. This was how we would spend our days, happy together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Final chapter and I can't thank you all enough for reading, commenting, subscribing and sending me random comments to update or just asking what the hell I'm up to.
I loved each and every single one of them and even more, you all!
I hope to still hear from you all, because your such an inspiration for me.
Thanks for sticking with me to the end of this, and I hope you love it. :]

<3